CES SCVI Thread

I was wondering about this as well as this is super important.
Will be great if @Futabot can clarify.

Yeah I’d be interested in a more extreme test case, like 2KB on block. Could you try having Mitsu GI after his 2KB is blocked and make sure that doesn’t work, that you still get guaranteed damage?

I can't really test safety like that without a partner. Basically, the one takeaway is that GI is faster than guard in one outstanding circumstance, which means it's an option rather than a catch-all solution, albeit unusual.

I can't really test safety like that without a partner. Basically, the one takeaway is that GI is faster than guard in one outstanding circumstance, which means it's an option rather than a catch-all solution, albeit unusual.

Understood, thanks for all the info, it’s greatly appreciated.

Ah, that should mean that a move can still be punished, thanks.

1KB is unsafe still, but defenders can block the K and RE the B if I recall correctly, so it's one of those things where this game is just straight up different.

Oh yeah, it's 1KB now instead of 2KB.

Last edited:
Thank for all this informations.

Can you try the different move in Relic Stance ?
No Relic K ? ( low )
And the new move in Relic ( with his shoulder ) ? It's a new " K " in Relic ? What do you think of this move ?

Thanks by advance @Futabot :)

Thank for all this informations.

Can you try the different move in Relic Stance ?
No Relic K ? ( low )
And the new move in Relic ( with his shoulder ) ? It's a new " K " in Relic ? What do you think of this move ?

Thanks by advance @Futabot :)

Yeah new RLC K is a really long range shoulder tackle. It does low damage but kind of fast.

Last edited:
@Futabot few more questions about RE.

So to confirm RE B will beat guard? Does that guard burst like effect always happen?

What do you get when landing the RE attacks?

Rugi RE A? the RO tool? Has it got super good RO range?

RE B? Launch?

RE K? -?

And Sophitas

RE A -?

RE B Launch?

RE K -?

RE B will break through Block if there's no guard meter. Otherwise it actually reclashes unless it's round 2 RE. A and K do not have this property.

A and K just give you position and stun on both characters since they're side attacks.

Losing A+K does very little to movelists. That's only 1-4 moves per character. Besides, look at SCV Yoshimitsu, he has a B+K for every direction except 7. They really can map moves to whatever input they want, they don't need A+K (though Yoshimitsu had those too, with A+B mostly unused).

1KB is unsafe still, but defenders can block the K and RE the B if I recall correctly, so it's one of those things where this game is just straight up different.

Oh yeah, it's 1KB now instead of 2KB.
Why would you RE instead of a free launcher into advantage? Also have you tested movement yet, can you guard cancel movements earlier than in 5?

Wow so there are no Low options from RLC?
Do you really deserve a low when your RLC B is a guard break? And you have those UB options I assume?

But you're taking a risk over something that's guaranteed, not sure why that would be a better choice.
You're getting guaranteed damage from the RE. Also the amount of meter is not negligible on RE confirm.

It's a risk worth taking most of the time unless it's fatal.

Why RE instead of launch? RE gives you meter and if potentially a launch afterwards.
That "potential" is just as easily reversed. Post RE is a zero expected value situation (though we'll have to see if everyone's RE is equally good, and wall/edge can affect EV). The knockdown after you launch is clearly in your favor, and the damage you got beforehand is probably higher than your initial RE attack damage. It's ~50-80 damage depending on the character or 40 damage into a zero EV forced mixup (plus meter), a no brainer if you ask me.

Back