CES SCVI Thread

Discussion in 'Soulcalibur VI (Multi)' started by Futabot, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Menace

Menace RELINQUISH!

PSN:
    SC_Menace
    So you could essentially always go for 4 breaks and still break 6 throws?

@Futabot or anyone, are you able to buffer throw breaks while blocking?

2. Jer

Jer [09] Warrior

Thanks for the updates Futabot!

Some of this reactionary negativity is silly. I’m not really seeing anything that sounds that bad. I’m excited about soul charge, it sounds cool. The throws are going to take some getting used to, but do still sound like a true 50/50 against good players. Against mashy players, it sounds like you’ll really want to 4A+G, or they’ll get a lot of accidental breaks.

3. JayShadow

JayShadow [12] Conqueror

I can finally K break like I've accidentally done for decades.

Soul likes this.
    • Premium Supporter

AndyrooSC You're Outnumbered!

XBL:
    AndyrooSC
    So rugi and soph effectively have 3 regular different throws each total. A+G, 66A+G, 4A+G?

The first 2 classed as front throws and can be teched with 6 and any button?

4. Futabot

Futabot [10] Knight

PSN:
    futabawt
    You don't need 6 for front throws but it takes it anyway, I found.

5. Von_Blackhardt

Von_Blackhardt [10] Knight

If RE isn't on this list because you haven't experienced it, then you should be striking this entire post.

6. Marginal
    • Senior Moderator

Marginal Chikara Sashimi

PSN:
    Neo-Marg
    XBL:
    MarredJin
    No. I'm saying you have two inputs that'll break 6, and one that'll break 4.

Eh. If you dislike something a lot, pass it on to Okubo on Twitter. At the worst, he'll ignore it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Menace and Von_Blackhardt like this.
  7. Blackout

Blackout [08] Mercenary

Are side throws broken differently?

8. Ninjaguy446

Ninjaguy446 [14] Master

5/6 is A and 4 is B why is that so complicated for people to understand lol

fukou_da_man likes this.
  9. DanteSC3

DanteSC3 [06] Combatant

They changed it; now it sucks.

10. rentao12

rentao12 [08] Mercenary

Do you have to press any buttons for Mitsu to perform his CE to full extent? The white star sparkling during the animation implies some input is made.

• Premium Supporter

XBL:
    AndyrooSC
    So by the sound of the throws and breaking them situation your opponent has to tech with 4+button to stop back throws (don't suppose you have tried 1 and 9 on back throws just to check?) and aim of the throw game will be to force opponent to have to tech 4+button so then you can hit them with the forward throws, whichever one is more ideal at the time.

Front throws sound like you don't need as much of a specific response to break to a point where the opponent might just happen to break the throw if they so happen to input a attack as you throw, whereas they are much less likely to be inputting 4A/44A/4B/44B/4K/44K (hence why I asked the question if 1 or 9 would tech back throws)

11. Trace_afj

Trace_afj [12] Conqueror

This worries me, do you mean that you can GI after doing an unsafe move? there will be no more guaranteed punishes anymore?

Also, is quick step in again or can you buffer 22_88 moves instantly ?

Kalas likes this.
  12. ShenChan

ShenChan [10] Knight

I was wondering about this as well as this is super important.
    Will be great if @Futabot can clarify.

Trace_afj likes this.
  13. Kalas

Kalas [13] Hero

PSN:
    KalasSC
    Thanks for the information @Futabot.
    I have to say that this is the first time I'm getting really skeptical about SC6's mechanics. I hope that things will be changed throughout the ongoing development of the game - especially when it comes to throws and GI. GI sounds like it's going to be ridiculously overpowered.

SomeRandomHuman likes this.
    • Premium Supporter

XBL:
    AndyrooSC
    Maybe they was sick of pepole moaning about SC5 about GI costing meter so they make it overpowered in SC6 to shut people up so then people happy it's nerfed again in SC7 xD

REPROBEAN_CHILD and JohnMcKee like this.
  14. SSfox

SSfox [11] Champion

What about making punishing GI would be counter hit with the properties.

Cause meter GI was still silly and should never came back, they just need to find a way to make it no meter, without being OP.

• Premium Supporter

XBL:
    AndyrooSC
    @Futabot so based on what you have seen and used with RE does the RE chart that was made have all the correct information?

15. Futabot

Futabot [10] Knight

PSN:
    futabawt
    The RE chart is mostly correct except all movement options do not tie and reclash. They just end the clash.

16. Silent Joel

Silent Joel [10] Knight

He did mention that Mitsu's 66b was really safe and couldn't TAS B it, so I think (hoping) it's just that. @Futabot can you test against the wall with A, A punish to confirm?