Chai Xianghua matchups

How do you play against Hilde ?

C2A and C3A work against kick ! But there are less chances to be auto-gi with.

ShenYuan : For 44A+B, you're right, it's not a good idea against Hilde, I just test. But I think it's a good thing against C1A because it's a short range and if we use the 44A+B well, even if we are auto-gied, we aren't touched. But anyway, C3A makes me so fear lol

Mystic told me to try 1[A+B] in order to shock the opponent haha but i didn't think to use it against his Hilde, maybe it's a really good thing ! I will test wednesday and I'll tell you.

What do you mean by 6A+K ?

This is a great topic and we need to expand on it further.... i was having similar problems.

My solution is gravitating to "Switch to Zasalamel", but i wanna win with my homegirl

This is probably the most important piece of advice I can give as to how to deal with Hilde. Well two things really.

1- Learn how to play Hilde

I'm not even kidding. Once you start to know how charges work instincively you will be able to read another Hilde player and tell what level of charge they have. You will know when it's safe to step and when you need to be patient. This is the best way for you to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you will be rung out.

2- Be patient

A lot of us tend to be aggressive and try to push for advantages, taking risks so that you can deal good damage. However against Hilde this can easily be suicidal. This is just an extension of the first point, but if you know which charges she has you will be able to judge what actions to take to minimize yourself from being rung out. C3A Gi's tech crouchs etc... but if you start using kicks during her openings (or stab moves, 44b can't be auto gi'd for instance) that will cause the Hilde player to not use C3A as much. Since I don't want to make a 3rd point I'll just add in that ducking is absoutely not the thing to do in most situations. If you never duck your chance of being rung out decreases by a lot.

I'm not sure everything that X has but I do know that 66k is a good tool to beat out C3A. The only problem is that Hilde is able to step this move in one direction, so if you abuse it too much you may get killed.

[edit] Kayane, her charges do not Auto gi kicks... normally. For some reason there are a few kicks in the game that it will auto gi, and I believe it has something to do with kicks that are part of another attack. Your best bet would be to go into training and use all of X's kicks and find out which ones fall into that category.

I used 66K, aK (surely for the A) and they were auto-gied, but i think it was in perfect GI. But I'm sure she auto-gied some kicks because i was so o_o lol and desperate, thinking "what am i supposed to do so ?!" so many times !

Not sure about the 66K Kayane, I've not once been able to Gi it but I'll test it once I'm done with some vader stuff. If I can Agi that kick I would be very happy.

[edit] aK can be auto gi'd because of the a part of it, however 66k from what I can tell can't be. Tried quite a few times and I got hit each time.

Hey I was thinking of intentionall whiffing stuff like 6A, 4B+KG or A to bait hilde to C3B to remove her B charge :/ If we time it right, she could lose her best throw punisher. Think that will work?

Against Hilde - remember 66K and 2k
66K can hit her out of just about any followup to a blocked C3B, however is steppable to one side, so be very careful.
2k gets perfect tracking, but its somewhat limited range might leave it vulnerable to a backstep, so watch your feet

Hi, I tested against a good Hilde for 1[B+K] !

IT WORKS ! O_O It's so GOOD ! Really ! Now I feel I can do something against Hilde, ShenYuan you're our savior ! ^_^

66K isn't auto-gied, it's 6K.

HAHA im so glad it works. I have no hilde's to play here. So all my anti-hilde strats ( i have more ) are all mental labwork. Thanks for confirming it works. :)

Hmm, don't think 1B+K has to be used a lot, just the moments after a CA because i'm always surprised to be hit in counter with a CA -_-, it's so fast lol

trust me, against Hilde you cannot make mistakes.
Always watch your distance after a blocked move. A 2k in one situation will save you, and kill you in another. I try to just sidewalk to her sword side and hope the girl gets antsy and throws out a C3B, leaving me with enough time to block a charged A, and then deal with the followups

EDIT:

Can the mods please make Anti Hilde a separate topic? In my opinion she presents the toughest matchup for X (along with Kilik and Algol), so we really need to put our heads together for this one. Saying "oh just use those 2-3 moves teehee" will get you owned up.

There is honestly so much creativity and risk when it comes to beating Hilde IMO that we should all really focus on it. X has the tools to beat anyone consistently, except imo the 3 people i listed above. I will try to do a full anti Hilde study when i can

someone was talking about mitsu earlier best 2 things i've found are

1. learn his lows- you take away mitsu's low game and he gets 10 times easier

2. learn his highs esp those in canned attacks like relic 2kb(high) and A (mid then high)/what to punish- iFC3B is too good to pass up

i know its vague advice but it works

i'm gonna work on anti Amy and post later on i wanna contribute something solid ^^ vague stuff kinda sucks @_@;

someone was talking about mitsu earlier best 2 things i've found are

1. learn his lows- you take away mitsu's low game and he gets 10 times easier

2. learn his highs esp those in canned attacks like relic 2kb(high) and A (mid then high)/what to punish- iFC3B is too good to pass up

i know its vague advice but it works

i'm gonna work on anti Amy and post later on i wanna contribute something solid ^^ vague stuff kinda sucks @_@;

when playing against mitsu, just remember you can crouch grab him outta his 1a low sweep. works like a charm

Back