Chai Xianghua matchups

it is a bit risky but its actually very easy to see 1a coming. i use her crouch grab for all kinds of moves. go to practice and try it. you'll be surprised at how many different moves it will snatch up. not just with mitsu either, it kills taki possesion as well.

True. I will try it. BTW it crouch throw eats Nighty's attempts to force mixups from GS. Not to mention it can duck GS A!

33B/66K On guard
Crouch throw gets eaten by GSB and GS KK. But eats mixups. Ducks GS A.
So if you know that GS B or GSKK is coming... You can continue blocking and duck the GS KK or just throw out an interrupt to get a free CH with 3B... or maybe A+B

1[A] 1/2
Crouch throw eats GS A and GS mixups. BUT it loses to GS KK/B/A+B.

I tested these personally so it should be accurate. I like this strat cos crouch throw can = 90 pts. Plus its pretty safe.

Mina:

Other than getting used to her attacks and GI where you can, I'm having a few issues with her. I don't want to just sit there and block until I get an opening because Mina kills the SG fast. Other than GIing my way in where I can wreck shop, any other suggestions?

Obviously, Mina's achilles heel is her game upclose... which is also where X, with speed and the SXS rush, really excels. X has two good frame traps that both advance a pretty good ways and leave you in good position to keep up the attack.

-66A+K is a forward-jumping horizontal mid. You can catch most people with a 2A or even a BB after block. If they catch on after a couple times and keep blocking afterwards, even better - nab them with a throw or 2A+B.

-22K has a long windup, and it's very linear, but it's a TJ and leaves you at 0 (I think) on block. It also forces crouch.

-A+K mixups are always great for getting in close, as well.

Hmmm thanks.

Sooo after watching some vids, and also after losing to an Ivy player in a tourney recently, I figured I'd try to learn her more...I guess the tough part about her is that she's so advanced, not many play her but the ones who do, are pretty darn good.

So right now, I'm looking at SW (Sword stance)...I'm sure some already know this is the one stance (Whip being the other) where she has her insane command throws. In SW stance, she can do CS which hurts. You could duck it sure but she can really make you pay there...ugh

Some notable moves out of SW stance:

FC 3B (Long distance low that is safe)
6B
3B (I hate this move, I HATE it)
WS B (Don't eat this)
66B (High but great pushback)
WS A (Catches step)
66A (Catches step and good pushback)
1K (Safe)
66K (TC and is like a bullrush. Pushback is decent too)
BB
2A
CS (Can't forget the throw, right?)

Also except for the throw, a lot of these moves rape the SG so block too much and die.

Some of her more notable moves are vertical so in theory you should be able to step but she has ways of killing step of course. While not all of her moves in this stance are safe, the pushback prevents you from doing a darn thing. She has a few lows out of this and while they don't do a lot of damage, you start ducking and then they make you eat WS B. If the Ivy player gets in your head, you're done because this seems like her most dangerous stance (Someone correct me on that!). I dunno about you guys but I feel like X has to set the pace here. Step her but please be careful because she can stop step too. This is of course my opinion, feel free to chime in.

Hi !!

For the Evo I have to be trained against Algol.
He's forbidden in France so I haven't played against a lot of Algol, just my brother.

Anyway, I played seriously against my brother yesterday, trying to find good things against him.

- When he makes two bubbles one after the other one, they are high so you can use A+K to avoid them and be closer of Algol. Or you can just 8wr and run in order to hit him by doing 66A or 66B B. By doing these bubbles, he can't do anything during a few moment so we have to take advantages of that !!

- When he makes two bubbles in the same time on each side, you can run if you're still in middle range and GI. Take advantage of that in order to hit him. Otherwise, if you're far, you can run in front of you because the bubbles go on the sides. I like doing 66B B because if he wants to do other moves, 66B B hits far and in counter, in this case it's better than 66A because of the damages.

- When he makes one bubble in front of him, you can avoid it with 1B+K and if you're closed to him you can do 66A+B it will hit him. (if you don't do that too late) Otherwise, you just have to step or GI it.

- When he flies doing bubbles, you just have to 8wr, to approach him and wait he falls on the floor and do 33B or whatever.

- He has a move where he does a low kick and a bubble just after. (He can do the bubble only if the low touches). If you guard the low kick, you can auto-gi the bubble with 4A+B.

- A lot of his moves are punished by Xiang with good moves like 6B+K, 4K 3B. A few lows can be crouched throw too. (thanks to the JF crouch throw ^__^)

- Do 1A a lot when you're closed to him is a good thing, to my mind xiang's players have to stay closed to him and never let him, because he's so slow !!

I think that's all I noticed yesterday by playing with my brother's algol. And you can be sure, he's the cheapest player I know with 9years of tournaments lol, then his Algol is so HARD! -_-
I will discover other things and I will tell you.

Thanks to share what you know too ;), it would be great !

Can you guys tell me what Raphael CAN DO or DOES that messes you guys up? Because vs a good X, I can't figure out what the hell to do besides turtle.

Also, for help vs Raphael(like any of you even need it....), 1B+K, though I haven't tested it, beats most of his options out of prep.

Can you guys tell me what Raphael CAN DO or DOES that messes you guys up? Because vs a good X, I can't figure out what the hell to do besides turtle.

Also, for help vs Raphael(like any of you even need it....), 1B+K, though I haven't tested it, beats most of his options out of prep.

Turtling surely is not the answer.

KJ

To be honest, depending on the Ralph player's skill level, I sometimes have a hard time with him

to be blunt, ralph is very similar to X in this game (in the beginning, many people called him X's replacement, before the online X player skill level shot up).

Ralph's weaknesses against X (or anybody for that matter, but especially X) is his linear and easily steppable moves. I can probably list a half dozen sidestepping moves good against ralph. Also, his close-range game isn't as good.

Ralph's strengths include his superior reach and combo ability. Reach is self explanatory, and is good because that means that in most neutral cases, you are most likely to get the first hit in, unless X is in your face. Why I say he has better combo ability is because, unlike X, Ralph doesn't have to wait for special situations, such as opponent crouching or standing against a wall to get a damaging combo off. In other words, he doesn't have to work as hard to get good damage, which is good when Ralph is behind.

both x and ralph are pretty even if you ask me. I still hate him tho. but like the CAS characters say, understand your weaknesses and play off your strengths

to be blunt, ralph is very similar to X in this game (in the beginning, many people called him X's replacement, before the online X player skill level shot up).

i don't remember this!

but anyways, 8~B is pretty good.

Damn you Bello ;_;.....THAT'S THE X that was slaughtering me all day alittle while back.....but yeah, I don't think I'm a "great Raph" so.....

So...been having issues with a local Cervy player (Booo Egg) so I think I'll try to break him down shortly. Try since I suck at theory fighter. Anyone else wish to chime in?

whooo man Cervy will kill you if he blocks 44B. Hello 3B and whatever damage follows. Tapping 4 after doing 44B gives you a chance to auto GI 3B if he chooses to go for it though...

No one? lol, well from what I've noticed in my dealings with him...

Running in is a nice quick way to die. Yes I know X does her best damage in close but foolishly charging on Cervy is awful, considering he has iGDR to screw you up. Obviously it's his trademark attack and it is darn strong. Also unsafe as hell (But this is like standard knowledge, right?). Some might do the follow up 2/8B to avoid getting a back throw but I have found (Remember, theory fighter USA) that if you run up after him and do 2A+G/B+G you can get a back throw out of him. Facing a Cervy player who can whip out iGDR on a consistent basis is a bit intimidating and if you allow that fear to rule you, have a fun fight indeed. If you're getting hit with pyscho crusher too much, stop and think. It's in the same vein as playing a Sophie, have to be a wee bit more careful but don't let him get the upper edge in the mental department...

Cervy doesn't have the best ways of controlling step but he has a few options to control it, the biggest I see being WS A, which on counter hit is nasty. Not sure how safe it is but you can low throw him out of it. I think you'd want to play it safe when he's crouching because between WS A, FC A+BBBBBBB and his command throw (among others) he can lay it on you.

And good lord do I hate 1K. Doesn't have much in the way of lows but it's fast, quick and annoying like mad!

Another general thing I noticed is that Cervy players seem to like to keep you at a nice distance (Not Hilde distance but at the edge of his range) where he can stab and poke (44B ftl) and frustrate you enough to do something stupid, where you eat iGDR and whatever damage occurs after that (My foe likes to go for iGDR, 22B, 8A+K, iGDR, 2/8B). I prefer to just get in and dictate the match. Obviously this is short and not all that helpful but these were just the things that seem to net me some success (Some I haven't got to test either so help me out folks!)

I think I'll go talk with the Cervy masters for more help, lol.

Ralph players need to keep X out, and be patient. She is very evasive and give alot of players false hope into thinking its safe to attack her when she is just setting you up. Ralph's SG game is crazy and his range far exceeds X. Its takes an extremely good Ralph to keep players at tip sword range, but once achieved getting close to him with X is challenging. I have only played one Ralph player that played this way, and it was challenging. 99.9% of Ralph players get destroyed though because they rely on Prep stance shenanigans (On Block might I add) that get TC'd all day. All in all X is a better fighter than Ralph by far, so he has his work cut out.

Alex, you're right, as a X-player you should pay attention to Raph's SG-Game and to his range.
But unless some other chars, Raph cannot keep X out of closerange the whole time. And even if, X has some very effective moves to destroy Raph's stance game. You can Step B after EVERY Prep-Transition, no matter what move he uses to go in Prep nor what he does out of Prep (or go into VE).
In addition, you can 4A+B/4A+K his Prep B, SEA A, SEB A and SEB B, and 4A+B his BBB (third B) and SEA B. His Prep A+B is even easy to 4A+B on reaction.
So, I think, Raph is definitely one her favorited matchups. :)

Greets, Kalas

Hmmm thanks.

Sooo after watching some vids, and also after losing to an Ivy player in a tourney recently, I figured I'd try to learn her more...I guess the tough part about her is that she's so advanced, not many play her but the ones who do, are pretty darn good.

So right now, I'm looking at SW (Sword stance)...I'm sure some already know this is the one stance (Whip being the other) where she has her insane command throws. In SW stance, she can do CS which hurts. You could duck it sure but she can really make you pay there...ugh

Some notable moves out of SW stance:

FC 3B (Long distance low that is safe)
6B
3B (I hate this move, I HATE it)
WS B (Don't eat this)
66B (High but great pushback)
WS A (Catches step)
66A (Catches step and good pushback)
1K (Safe)
66K (TC and is like a bullrush. Pushback is decent too)
BB
2A
CS (Can't forget the throw, right?)

Also except for the throw, a lot of these moves rape the SG so block too much and die.

Some of her more notable moves are vertical so in theory you should be able to step but she has ways of killing step of course. While not all of her moves in this stance are safe, the pushback prevents you from doing a darn thing. She has a few lows out of this and while they don't do a lot of damage, you start ducking and then they make you eat WS B. If the Ivy player gets in your head, you're done because this seems like her most dangerous stance (Someone correct me on that!). I dunno about you guys but I feel like X has to set the pace here. Step her but please be careful because she can stop step too. This is of course my opinion, feel free to chime in.

Let me chime in on this, since this thread actually helped me on anti-X strategies believe it or not. XD

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I believe that Ivy is the most effective as a defensive, mindgame character. The SW mixups are designed to MAKE you duck, which despite the throws, is where the Ivy player exactly wants you to be. However, to make you duck, Ivy needs to use a -lot- of verticals, which X can easily step. Just watch out though, since CS is a great step catcher as well as SW 6A/WP 3A.

Catching Ivy in the wrong stance, or taking advantage of the weaknesses of her different stances is key as well. 44B utterly destroys any attack from SW. CL has NO good lows whatsoever, and WP is extremely punishable up-close (Ivy's only safe moves in WP are AA, BB, 2B and kicks... at least the notable ones).

I think that pressure game + 44B/similar evades would utterly destroy an Ivy player that doesn't know how to fight an X, and would give even those familiar with X a hard time. As long as the player doesn't fall for the mindgames, or knows how to deal with Ivy mindgames, I think that X has a distinct advantage.

Now, for specifics:

1. WP 3 is a frame trap.
2. SW 6B9K is an i12 high/low punish. Ivy's fastest punisher doing 35 dmg.
3. CL 214 on block is VERY bad. Bait it then punish it with 3B or whatever you see fit. Typical Ivy's use this as a move to get out of frame disadvantage or as an "emergency" button. Keep your cool and bait it out.
3.5 On the times that CL 214 does hit you, you have NO reason to duck Serpent's Embrace (SE stance) if you can shake out of SE A236A. All of her other moves are either mids, or a ridiculously slow and unsafe low.
4. CL 22_88B GB is actually negative for Ivy on block. Again, take advantage of this.
5. I -think- that SW 22_88K is punishable by X's WR K. Not sure about this, but 22_88K is definitely unsafe.
6. Step, step, step. If you're standing still, you'll eat much more mixups than if you were stepping. If you're afraid of being CS/SS-ed out of step (and rightfully so), watch Ivy's stances. As mentioned, CS only comes from SW and is an A break and SS comes from WP and is a B break.

Good luck! :]

Back