Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

I wasn't sure but I figured you knew about it. I think the a NSS K is more consistent cause of the side hit

I was messing around with this earlier this weekend too.

the sidehit a NSS K, works from the side, but I think for some characters, Sieg I think, one side the GS A will miss, or on setsuka, on one side the NSS K will miss.

yeah it's irritating, I would suggest restricting the use of side hit bA6 to certain matchups

Sorry for the double post but its been quiet here in the NM SA lately.

In regards to the sidehit bA combos

side hit bA6 > GS A > throw

this will net around 91/85 dmg depending on which side you step to, though you need to be paying attention since after the GS A they can be out of NM's monstrous throw range.

I feel that since its a side throw it may feel slightly harder to break because you can't judge base on ring position for which throw to break.

didnt know side hit bA could that much ...sidesteppin, then baiting a quick horizontal seems to be useful ?

I don't remember this tech trap being mentioned so I'll go ahead and post it

:4::4::B::(B): -> GS :K::K:: works against all techs except right tech...as always

what about a:G:A in combos? good for RO and W!... after NSS A+B or 66B or CH 3B or 44(B)B *second hit only* a:G:A combos... if u get a W! then u can follow up with 4K,K, 33B~6, GS A+B or 4K,K, 44B...

I never considered that one =0.

Are there any advantages to using it over GS KK in certain combos? Aside from safety(which isn't in question in combo)

Does it send them further?

it does better damage

also GS KK is not guaranteed from 66B when very close to wall, but a:G:A is

what about a:G:A in combos? good for RO and W!... after NSS A+B or 66B or CH 3B or 44(B)B *second hit only* a:G:A combos... if u get a W! then u can follow up with 4K,K, 33B~6, GS A+B or 4K,K, 44B...

Sami, this sick combo? Really? I used to do 66B->A+K in front of Wall. If I can do that combo, I think I will train myself to use a:G:A for 66B.
Thank you.

and nothing but a 1K is guaranteed off of GS KK if it is done close to the wall... unless it catches a teching opponent... also after CH WR , NSS A+B ...if u do GS KK and the opponent doesn't touch the controller u won't get 4K,K to re-W! into doing 33B_3B_44BB but if u do a:G:A it will work... BUT if a:G:A doesn't catch them at a good enough height u won't be able to combo that good... so it all comes down to what tiamat said... "its really good ...if u can do it* lol...

EDIT...

to WALLACE: hey if u r looking for an easy way to get them to the wall after 66B IN FRONT OF U just do 6B:B... u can get the same combo that u get if u do a:G:A or if 33B~6, GS KK connects far enough from the wall... *its in my video* now if u wanted to W! to ur right then go ahead and do a:G:A...

GS > NSS A (tech trap all but left)
GS > NSS B (tech trap all but right)

i already love the multi tech trap chain with:
FC A+G > 33B > GS > NSS [A] > NSS b:A

here's another tech trap i found recently

CH 3A -> 33B...... tech all BUT if they roll to their left they'll avoid it.. however... if you do 33B6 they'll block it off axis and you'll still be fairly safe.

-LAU

having done some wall combo tests, I find these combos to be very good

1A6 GS KK (w) 44B > (they tech) NSS [A] > NSS b:A (w) > 44B

the first part does about 100, the second part does about 110, for a total of 210 damage, and they are still in a 50/50 mixup situation again.

post GI near wall:
(unblockable) bA6 GS A > 4KK (w) > iWS NSS A+B GS KK (w) > 4KK
(slow to punish re-GI) 66B+K (w) > iWS NSS A+B GS KK (w) > 4KK

this is a 50/50 mixup after GI for 100+ guaranteed damage either way. for better mixup potential you can 2[K] after the GS KK (w) instead of doing 4KK. otherwise, you can also try to replace the 4KK ender with 1K or iWS K, and try to surprise the opponent with a quick grab/mid mixup. For an alternative slow move after the GI you can try 1A for higher reward but greater risk.

any safe move on block can be used as a GI setup, so this should be highly applicable in match play
the first round of this match has an example setup for this mixup/combo:

hey tiamat... that first one u mentioned is really nice... and the post gi game seems really good too... one thing though after a gi if u do bA6 > gs A it whiffs on smaller characters... gs KK works on everyone... so far i only got gs A to work on asta, rock, ivy, voldo zas... haven't tested on other medium characters yet...

I think bA6 GS A works on all characters if you're close enough to the wall. I know it works on sophie...was doing it on her earlier

I think for some characters like Mina as far as I know, bA6 GS A will whiff on front hit, but not for sidehit. We should probably research this a bit.

Also Tiamat, for that first combo you posted, is the NSS b:A (w), 44BB very range dependent? Iirc it doesn't always wallsplat depending on which direction the opponent techs.

Back