Confirmed Characters?

Game looks hype but on a more serious note...

Though I rarely do this with anyone... I do agree with Vicious' ideas on the issue of balance. I do hope they get it closer to not giving anyone ridiculously large advantages on the next iteration of the game. This issue is my main concern for this game and leads to a longer life span (balance that is) of any fighting game. Lets see how this turns out.

KRATOS!!!!!!! I love it the way he uses different types of moves and he can perform air combos and i think i saw his giant sword but i know i saw the wings of icarus.

Damp looks pretty cool with the whole moonwalk then whoop your ass things plus he spanked hilde hehehe

The characters are SC4 characters + Dampiere and Kratos but no Starwars

I was sort of unimpressed playing it but hey... Dampiere could be cool

A guy working the NamcoBandai booth told me the only new characters were Damp and Kratos

... ? Maybe we was wrong

A guy working the NamcoBandai booth
that guy 'didnt need to know', i cant beleive thered be only 2 new chars, neither of which impress me at all - voldo with a 'tach and a cervy'd promo for GoW. the 3 goons will make it!

Thanks, good to know.

To Naomi, what Oofmatic said...did you had the chance to play/test Hilde and see if Doom Combo still there? Also, if they removed Star Wars characters and bonus characters slot, that would leave 4 spaces, 2 of them occupied by mustache boy and Kratos, what about the other 2 spaces?

Or did Namco conveniently changed the character select screen?

Man, I wish it isn't so. There was a small chance for mimic and Li to return.

Remember the way the character select screen expanded during the unlock process in the last Smash Bros. game? There are innumerable symmetrical arrangements to compliment any number of characters. A gap in a select screen is always a clue to a missing character, but the opposite is never true. A screen that looks symmetrical and clean can be rearranged at any time, even mid-game, to accommodate one more guy.

I playtested the game for a bit and tried Hilde. If anything, it seemed like her Lv. 3 charges took longer to come out, because every time I thought I'd get a Lv. 3 charge to come out it'd be the Lv. 2 version. But I'm horrible with Hilde and playing on a PSP without any binds didn't help matters at all, so I can't be certain that the Doom Combo is gone. Her step is still ridiculous though.

Another change I noticed is Astaroth's 3B, 2A+K combo wasn't working. :( So there's definitely gonna be some rebalancing going on in this title.

There are still JF's in the game. Didn't manage to test out how critical finishes worked.

The PR chick was working that area was saying that the game will retain pretty much all of the features from SC4, so I'm betting that all of the old characters are probably gonna be back. Kinda hard to test much though because the people running the area at Bamco didn't want you camping a station. So I only got maybe half a dozen matches in against the CPU (no ad-hoc implemented yet).

I disagree with Naomi's assessment of the game. Graphically, it looked on par to what I'd expect from Soul Calibur 2/3 on the PS2. I was curious if there'd be slowdown on the stages with breakable effects like the pirate ship, but there wasn't any from what I could remember.

IS AMY IN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if not OMG... EVERYONE IS GONNA GET 2B+K AT EVO AND NATS >.<//////

EVERYONE MUST FEEL MA PAIN!!!

..... no seriously is she.. anyone knows?

STD is sad ; ;......

Man, it would be such a shame if Amy wasn't in this game. I would be so very sad. I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Back