DanteSC3's Creation Thread

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Hardly an original idea, but it had to be done, and I'm surprised that I, days late, am the first to post this.

\

I made the stylistic decision to let Talim keep some of her signature items, as you can see, in her earrings, necklace, and leg wrappings. You can't see them, but she's also wearing her underwear, and I've recolored all of these items to be more in-line with Nakoruru, using reds and blues and whites instead of Talim's typical golds and greens and reds. I almost had Talim's vest/sleeves added too, but decided it clashed the idea too much, while the rest of the items are far more subtle. Overall, she turned out to my liking, it's just too bad that Mamahaha is a static figure and doesn't actually do anything. I'm not even saying she should have been like 2B's pod and had bonus attacks like weapons in Tekken or anything (though that could be cool, thinking about it...), just something simple, like flapping wings or flying about occasionally, I dunno. It's just a little unsettling for a floating static object.

TiraRules

[12] Conqueror
look like Dante and I are Nakoruru fans lol

so you did awesome job, Dante!

it really suit her. please keep it or you can save it in your Customize tab to make more room (100 Unique, 100 Customize = 200 Creations)

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Looking at her play in SamSho, I’d really rather have had her than Haohmaru, but hey, at least we got her outfit, and Talim wears it well! I did see your various folks wearing it too, but really, Talim’s number one.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
After quite a while, I'm back with a few new men to update my collection! I cannot, unfortunately, show you their weapons, because I've used not-quite-legitimate means to actually use their correct weapons as shown in-game, but as a plus side to that, I suppose, you do get to see a bit more of them than you would otherwise, which would be covered by their weapon being in the way! I've skipped over Sakan for now, not because I don't intend to make him, but I was mostly aiming to complete the trio of battoujutsu users for this update.

For as cool as his Soul Chronicle art is, I feel like his actual character model leaves a bit to be desired. I understand you can only do so much with what customization allows, but as some of you on this very site have proven, you can do a lot better than this! His stickers were a bit of a pain to get right, and I'm not totally sure they're completely accurate, but I did the best I could. I do like his choice of color, the green, black, and a little white splashed here and there, really makes him come off quite serene. I do find it mildly interesting that his Mourning Robes differ from the default coloration, does this imply that Setsuka had them dyed to match her outfit better? I feel like an heirloom like that should have been kept as it was originally, but... yeah.

I find it mildly amusing that his pants are inverted from Shugen's, to start things off. I'm also not entirely sure what wizardry they used to get the fade stripe pattern to work on his jacket, but I couldn't replicate it completely. I did a decent enough job, I think, but the hazy green bits look a little out of place compared to their version. The stickers weren't as troublesome as I thought they might be, though the one on his pantleg took a little longer than I thought it would to get it where it didn't bleed over to the other one. Again, a pretty simple design overall, but he does look a lot like a mushroom...

I really wish his headband didn't clip so hard with his hair, because it looks really awkward! Another pretty simple design overall, but I guess the Kokonoe clan has a strict sense of uniformity in their dress, or... something... (It's certainly not because we don't have all that many parts for males, nope.) His tiger under the tree design is cute, if nothing else, I find it pretty fitting to his design overall. It's also interesting to note, even if you can't see it, that he's the only one of the three who put custom colors on his weapon. I'm not sure why that is, but I looked really close at both Shugen and Gyobu, and they're definitely just using the default colors, but Gorozaemon has a green tint to the scabbard/hilt and yellow rope wrapping around it, matching his design. And yes, the unobtainable weapon is colorable, not sure why they didn't give it to us when they gave it properties that can be customized... but it is what it is, I suppose.

================================================================================================
Closing remarks:

See you next time with Sakan, most likely, and I might give some of the new parts a whirl, though honestly, this pack isn't great for my tastes.
================================================================================================

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Alright, I'm back, with not one, but two new folks. As I was looking over the new parts, something clicked in my mind that I'm not sure why I didn't think of it when I first saw the set, but... more on that later. First, picking up where we left off:

He's wearing much the same as his fellow clansmen, though he's got a sakura pattern on his pants and a dragon on his sleeve. It's kind of a neat touch, the dragon, so when he blocks, using Taki's style, he holds the dragon up in front of him, like it's his protector. Imagine trying to attack someone and then WHAM!, dragon in your face. Intimidating, in its own way.

Alright, and now, for the second, who I didn't really plan on making, I had her shelved before due to lack of adequate parts, and she's still not really "done", so to speak, but I felt good enough about where she's at so far to go ahead and put her forward, the key to selling the image being the returnee set from the latest pack, Tiger Lily, since I don't really feel like the look would be solid at least without the shoulder armor. She may be revisited later, but for now:

I would have preferred something more like what she looks like in SoulCalibur VI, to be sure, but I scrapped that idea a long while ago, since there just isn't anything close enough to capture the look, I don't think. She looks nice in her art, don't get me wrong, but any attempts at replicating it come across as a bit bland and uninspired, I feel like, so I fell back on her SoulCalibur IV look. Though to not leave her current look completely out, I based her hair off that appearance, with the knot and beads represented, and not just because Talim's kitty hair isn't available to properly do her SoulCalibur IV look as was originally presented. And the other biggest missing thing is the Longhua Qipao, which has a built-in ribbon sash that none of the current belts can replicate, so that had to be omitted as well, but I feel like I made a decent replacement out of the Changbao with flower stickers added to the mix. I also used the current Cassandra's shoes because we don't have her SoulCalibur IV 2p shoes, but I feel like they complete the look nicely, paired with the Purge Leggings, with some stickerwork to make it look like the pant cuffs are an extension of the shoes. All-in-all, I feel like it came together quite nicely.