DanteSC3's Creation Thread

Hardly an original idea, but it had to be done, and I'm surprised that I, days late, am the first to post this.

H5MaR0x.jpg

IdkmThH.jpg

bnM292d.jpg

qnKHnW1.jpg

3zbuBnw.jpg

M7yAq0C.jpg

3ArDA35.jpg
\
lflkjzN.jpg

xcjBGyo.jpg

SnFk9i4.jpg

CXxnwMB.jpg

zSBYdRi.jpg

I made the stylistic decision to let Talim keep some of her signature items, as you can see, in her earrings, necklace, and leg wrappings. You can't see them, but she's also wearing her underwear, and I've recolored all of these items to be more in-line with Nakoruru, using reds and blues and whites instead of Talim's typical golds and greens and reds. I almost had Talim's vest/sleeves added too, but decided it clashed the idea too much, while the rest of the items are far more subtle. Overall, she turned out to my liking, it's just too bad that Mamahaha is a static figure and doesn't actually do anything. I'm not even saying she should have been like 2B's pod and had bonus attacks like weapons in Tekken or anything (though that could be cool, thinking about it...), just something simple, like flapping wings or flying about occasionally, I dunno. It's just a little unsettling for a floating static object.

look like Dante and I are Nakoruru fans lol

so you did awesome job, Dante!

it really suit her. please keep it or you can save it in your Customize tab to make more room (100 Unique, 100 Customize = 200 Creations)

Looking at her play in SamSho, I’d really rather have had her than Haohmaru, but hey, at least we got her outfit, and Talim wears it well! I did see your various folks wearing it too, but really, Talim’s number one.

After quite a while, I'm back with a few new men to update my collection! I cannot, unfortunately, show you their weapons, because I've used not-quite-legitimate means to actually use their correct weapons as shown in-game, but as a plus side to that, I suppose, you do get to see a bit more of them than you would otherwise, which would be covered by their weapon being in the way! I've skipped over Sakan for now, not because I don't intend to make him, but I was mostly aiming to complete the trio of battoujutsu users for this update.

Y6XI9Xr.jpg

SjncoOb.jpg

Lf37qxs.jpg

QSzQt2Y.jpg

2DW8xwb.jpg

fTi4UWI.jpg

btDfmfZ.jpg

A1LrEk5.jpg

dvavXJx.jpg

0NDbyuR.jpg

eUwzgpz.jpg

MtHaXhJ.jpg

For as cool as his Soul Chronicle art is, I feel like his actual character model leaves a bit to be desired. I understand you can only do so much with what customization allows, but as some of you on this very site have proven, you can do a lot better than this! His stickers were a bit of a pain to get right, and I'm not totally sure they're completely accurate, but I did the best I could. I do like his choice of color, the green, black, and a little white splashed here and there, really makes him come off quite serene. I do find it mildly interesting that his Mourning Robes differ from the default coloration, does this imply that Setsuka had them dyed to match her outfit better? I feel like an heirloom like that should have been kept as it was originally, but... yeah.

aAuq6PE.jpg

QJiwjBW.jpg

XtX2wZB.jpg

gwD93uN.jpg

pxIHTiH.jpg

1STgW0q.jpg

03hEc8O.jpg

wp9J66b.jpg

yHFwRIx.jpg

l5wECHH.jpg

maB3C3G.jpg

uLHJfnJ.jpg

I find it mildly amusing that his pants are inverted from Shugen's, to start things off. I'm also not entirely sure what wizardry they used to get the fade stripe pattern to work on his jacket, but I couldn't replicate it completely. I did a decent enough job, I think, but the hazy green bits look a little out of place compared to their version. The stickers weren't as troublesome as I thought they might be, though the one on his pantleg took a little longer than I thought it would to get it where it didn't bleed over to the other one. Again, a pretty simple design overall, but he does look a lot like a mushroom...

Wom0J8M.jpg

gEvA5di.jpg

iwvjBRc.jpg

GgiB3Z3.jpg

8sRTohz.jpg

EuseDnw.jpg

jHWLQRj.jpg

oQBLSYz.jpg

Braaf5z.jpg

hilIkHh.jpg

I really wish his headband didn't clip so hard with his hair, because it looks really awkward! Another pretty simple design overall, but I guess the Kokonoe clan has a strict sense of uniformity in their dress, or... something... (It's certainly not because we don't have all that many parts for males, nope.) His tiger under the tree design is cute, if nothing else, I find it pretty fitting to his design overall. It's also interesting to note, even if you can't see it, that he's the only one of the three who put custom colors on his weapon. I'm not sure why that is, but I looked really close at both Shugen and Gyobu, and they're definitely just using the default colors, but Gorozaemon has a green tint to the scabbard/hilt and yellow rope wrapping around it, matching his design. And yes, the unobtainable weapon is colorable, not sure why they didn't give it to us when they gave it properties that can be customized... but it is what it is, I suppose.

================================================================================================
Closing remarks:

See you next time with Sakan, most likely, and I might give some of the new parts a whirl, though honestly, this pack isn't great for my tastes.
================================================================================================

Alright, I'm back, with not one, but two new folks. As I was looking over the new parts, something clicked in my mind that I'm not sure why I didn't think of it when I first saw the set, but... more on that later. First, picking up where we left off:

lp8EL8O.jpg

jyVO52n.jpg

cpE2xHV.jpg

dPzh5hU.jpg

DlFtDOm.jpg
VMvs6BH.jpg

Q081Zlv.jpg
kLqR6Cf.jpg

F5IdxHj.jpg

gnNlzXj.jpg
Bhdnlyk.jpg
7Zz9hB8.jpg

He's wearing much the same as his fellow clansmen, though he's got a sakura pattern on his pants and a dragon on his sleeve. It's kind of a neat touch, the dragon, so when he blocks, using Taki's style, he holds the dragon up in front of him, like it's his protector. Imagine trying to attack someone and then WHAM!, dragon in your face. Intimidating, in its own way.

Alright, and now, for the second, who I didn't really plan on making, I had her shelved before due to lack of adequate parts, and she's still not really "done", so to speak, but I felt good enough about where she's at so far to go ahead and put her forward, the key to selling the image being the returnee set from the latest pack, Tiger Lily, since I don't really feel like the look would be solid at least without the shoulder armor. She may be revisited later, but for now:

fxZrTrG.jpg

Rp6kKOj.jpg

Pr1iRDD.jpg
yjesClI.jpg

b45lJQu.jpg
oItqMBt.jpg

bi4lhVa.jpg
Ych1g9i.jpg
RXRLB82.jpg

I would have preferred something more like what she looks like in SoulCalibur VI, to be sure, but I scrapped that idea a long while ago, since there just isn't anything close enough to capture the look, I don't think. She looks nice in her art, don't get me wrong, but any attempts at replicating it come across as a bit bland and uninspired, I feel like, so I fell back on her SoulCalibur IV look. Though to not leave her current look completely out, I based her hair off that appearance, with the knot and beads represented, and not just because Talim's kitty hair isn't available to properly do her SoulCalibur IV look as was originally presented. And the other biggest missing thing is the Longhua Qipao, which has a built-in ribbon sash that none of the current belts can replicate, so that had to be omitted as well, but I feel like I made a decent replacement out of the Changbao with flower stickers added to the mix. I also used the current Cassandra's shoes because we don't have her SoulCalibur IV 2p shoes, but I feel like they complete the look nicely, paired with the Purge Leggings, with some stickerwork to make it look like the pant cuffs are an extension of the shoes. All-in-all, I feel like it came together quite nicely.

I mentioned improving my Natsu in... well, one of the threads, I can't recall which one, but I didn't do it in the way that I thought I would do it, since Setsuka's broken hair wasn't what I was expecting it to be. However, the Tiger Lily Fauld functions quite well for Natsu, and more importantly, it freed up two extra equipment slots, so I could jazz up her hair! Still far from perfect, but I feel like she's much improved, here she is:

6twlsTe.jpg

bJcWtLy.jpg

ahQaUys.jpg

2cqQl3s.jpg

MTEQbzu.jpg

3G6owY8.jpg

Kntogn6.jpg

xAsey98.jpg

shYY8jR.jpg

BMrSHnY.jpg

0QNrSFs.jpg

eMAU0j6.jpg

Oh, and I also did some color correction on her legs and hair, matching it to the... "hair" extensions, and making her legs more natural-looking. Overall, she's a lot better than she once was, and I feel like she might possibly be in the best form that can really be expected, at present!

Next up, a "new" face, well, not really, but... I thought I'd try doing a new SoulCalibur III recreation, here's silent protagonist (not a Pokémon!) Amy:

bpQMvRh.jpg

BWe4ORP.jpg

QkOY3E0.jpg

DNEaXJf.jpg

qMBc1gT.jpg

aaxFGBA.jpg

pCpqqnX.jpg

nCFJg25.jpg

7Geecha.jpg

VzBNt6n.jpg

3ODn7lV.jpg

C8Jxt3Z.jpg

Not entirely accurate, of course, lacking the longer material in the back of her dress, most apparently, and, I think it suits her better anyway, but showing less skin in the front, lacking the corset ties detail, there just wasn't really doing that here, not enough free sticker slots! I decided to steal an idea from my Kierkess recreation from a while back, utilizing the skull pattern to emulate Amy's skull jewelry, managing to get it on the choker ties and the front of the dress. Sadly, you can't sticker the bow extra equipment, not that I'd have had sticker slots anyway, but an attempt couldn't even be made for the back hanging skulls, oh well. Otherwise, I got all four of her roses by using extra equipment on the shoes and stickers on the sleeves, so I felt good about that, and I feel like I did about the best I could manage with the color gradients with her dress. I had to use some stickers to cover up the extra skulls, which had the unfortunate effect of killing some of the gradient and trim from the upper part of the dress, but there wasn't a lot that could be done about that. Overall, though, I'd call this a success. She fared much better than Talim's SoulCalibur III 2p, which I won't be sharing...

...and this one's not wholly original, and most of the credit has to be given to Zazoreal from reddit for creating the base (of which this is still at least 85% just like his), but I've fit it to go on Setsuka and tweaked it a bit to match her sensibilities, but here's a somewhat familiar Setsuka SoulCalibur III 1p:

az9L4E8.jpg

DzfVz27.jpg

ULZ4hwx.jpg

NlCaV20.jpg

YER47Tz.jpg

4fiEixg.jpg

H1YaxIc.jpg

VTQEShD.jpg

M7IlrqK.jpg

e49xiUN.jpg

DdDJ3Yx.jpg

iaKcWoG.jpg

The biggest problem with this design is the trim on the kimono not being consistent, but there's only so much that can really be done, and it looks pretty good from the front, which is most of what you'll see as it is. And then, of course, the bottom half of the kimono is actually the leather wrapping, which doesn't flow well with the above material with Setsuka's proportions thrown into the mix. It was certainly a bit less obvious on a custom character model. Plus having to use the loincloth to "complete" the look is also less than ideal, but it is what it is. Setsuka's SoulCalibur IV clogs really add a lot, though it's kind of a shame that the flower design is not really editable. Overall, though, it's really faithful to her appearance back then, and I like it a lot better using her actual style, rather than the placeholder Haohmaru that was used at the time of its inception.

I was curious what your cas talents yield after giving such an indepth breakdown of Gatsu's work, and I'll be honest your gallery isn't that polished. You've got a long way to catch up to him or any of the top master cas artist including myself. Perhaps focous on improving your technique, than giving a thesis about someone else's work.
I was curious what Dante could've possibly said about Gatsu's work for you to come into her thread with this kind of attitude and was a bit surprised that her comments were largely positive, praising many aspects of his creations, with only a few mild words of critique that mainly came down to personal preference and had nothing to do with the actual quality of his work. Gatsu himself responded to her rather cordially and they had a civil discussion, so clearly he didn't need any sort of "defending" from you months after the fact.
I don't know get why you feel the need to belittle the work of CaS artists on this site that you don't deem "good enough" nor your need to proclaim yourself a "master" CaS artist any chance you get, but this forum has always been about the fun of CaS, not the dick-measuring contest you've been trying to turn it into since you started posting.

So that we are clear here my comments are to the individual who commented on the post, secondly I made it very clear why and who I wanted to test my skills against. I didn't challenge the whole group, and if I did their would be only 6 people that have caught my eye, far as skills and natural talent are concerned. Yes I'm competitive by nature, and I'm very unapologetic for it. So if you have anything further to discuss with me, then let's just call it we agree to disagree.
Being competitive and wanting to be a pokemon master outdo Gatsu is cool, but you're still kind of tedious. The issue is that when commenting on CaS or getting comments or critiques from people you feel aren't up to par you can be dismissive and kind of a dick about it (and a little defensive too). Not blunt or honest, but a 'dick' specifically. Even when you give advice your tone is still pretty negative. (And the advice is a little vague. Giving some examples is more useful than "needs polish" or "use stickers" if you think they're that much in need of your help). Like, you just rolled up on a thread that's six months dormant to leave a comment that boils down to "Why are you giving your opinion? Your gallery is mediocre".

I don't think you're that bad (the internet is vast), but you're definitely prone to being self-important over a doll maker in a video game and subjecting other people to it.

Also blah blah styles and personal tastes blah.

Lol mediocre as oppose to what you've shown gotcha, like I've said before I'm about the spirit of competition and not the meaningless exchange of witty banter and cock mockery.
I honestly have no idea if you've deliberately ignored (see: "a little defensive too") or just don't understand the points I was making. At any rate, it all still stands. Out of curiosity, do you care about fostering competition at all or just feeling like you're the best? Cause I don't think anyone else besides you is actually competing. If you want competition you might need to look into building up that kind of scene/community. Otherwise it's just you going "I'm the CaS Master" and everyone else going "Uhh, ok?"

Last edited:
To everyone besides Jay: apologies for the sidebar on Dante's thread.

If think u I'd leave comments in these galleries, and couldn't produce those results personally then of course I'd look like the biggest asshole of all time, however that sadly isn't the case here so by all means please believe that sentiment.
You've yet to post anything new and you said it yourself (we're not even counting the terrible manners right now). I'm not sure why you feel anyone's obligated to take your word for it.

By the way, I would still like to know your answer to:
Out of curiosity, do you care about fostering competition at all or just feeling like you're the best? Cause I don't think anyone else besides you is actually competing. If you want competition you might need to look into building up that kind of scene/community. Otherwise it's just you going "I'm the CaS Master" and everyone else going "Uhh, ok?"
You seem to have gotten a little worked up (I apologize) so I understand if you're not up to answering, but I am interested in your take on the matter.

This will be the last time I respond after that you'll be ignored, if you couldn't discern that I wasn't just merely referring to myself with that title, as I a credited others who have the same talent also deserving the that moniker as well.

Secondly let's stick strictly to the facts only, and leave personal feelings out of it. When i commented on your gallery, their wasn't anything flagrant about what I said, nor did I have an opinion of someone who didn't already showcase their work, prior to the comments I posted.

You felt the need to avail yourself to the defense of someone, who clearly didn't need it. Next you distort the context of my response, by saying I'm becoming upset which wasn't accurate.

In closing when you say mediocre, then one can only hope that you have the talent necessary, in contrast to support that statement.

Thursday and Friday my new galleries will be demoed, and it will be extremely clear why I haven't been posting in the last 6 months, which also gives credence to my recent posts as well.
You could be the greatest CaS artist of all time. Doesn't matter. Your attitude towards some others on this forum sucks.
Also Bootsy never said you were mediocre, that was paraphrasing your comment towards Dante.

Oh look, the CaS forums got their own Nyte/resident flamewarrior, complete with petty grudge against Dante. That's a lovely development.

I was curious what Dante could've possibly said about Gatsu's work for you to come into her thread with this kind of attitude and was a bit surprised that her comments were largely positive, praising many aspects of his creations, with only a few mild words of critique that mainly came down to personal preference and had nothing to do with the actual quality of his work. Gatsu himself responded to her rather cordially and they had a civil discussion, so clearly he didn't need any sort of "defending" from you months after the fact.
I don't know get why you feel the need to belittle the work of CaS artists on this site that you don't deem "good enough" nor your need to proclaim yourself a "master" CaS artist any chance you get, but this forum has always been about the fun of CaS, not the dick-measuring contest you've been trying to turn it into since you started posting.
Being competitive and wanting to be a pokemon master outdo Gatsu is cool, but you're still kind of tedious. The issue is that when commenting on CaS or getting comments or critiques from people you feel aren't up to par you can be dismissive and kind of a dick about it (and a little defensive too). Not blunt or honest, but a 'dick' specifically. Even when you give advice your tone is still pretty negative. (And the advice is a little vague. Giving some examples is more useful than "needs polish" or "use stickers" if you think they're that much in need of your help). Like, you just rolled up on a thread that's six months dormant to leave a comment that boils down to "Why are you giving your opinion? Your gallery is mediocre".

I don't think you're that bad (the internet is vast), but you're definitely prone to being self-important over a doll maker in a video game and subjecting other people to it.

Also blah blah styles and personal tastes blah.
Save your fingers, guys: dude thinks a CaS geek-out community is Game of Thrones. So Iet's have it out plainly--time to spit some truth.

Jay, amico, what you fail to realize is that for most of us here, CaSing doesn't loom as large in our lives as it clearly does for you: between your boastful, bombastic and all-together needlessly aggressive approach to engagement with these forums and what I seem to recall seeing of your youtube videos, it seems to me that you genuinely believe that being a top-tier Casser is something akin to achieving genuine fame. Now, I tend to doubt it, but I can't say for absolute certain that making virtual action figures based on professional wrestlers and Dragon Ball Z characters won't making you famous--if only because making such a statement is like challenging fate to make the internet once against set a new standard for absurd social priorities. But you know what, that's your deal: your metrics of accomplishment are your own. Regardless, you have to understand that for most of us, this is just a marginal pastime--ranging from an intermittent interest to a semi-significant investment of free time. Some of us are artists in other more time-consuming and technical mediums who dabble in this one as a lazy hobby, for others it might be a rare creative outlet. But few, if any, of us view it through the lens of a status competition in quite the way you do.

Now, that last part you probably have no problem accepting, but here's the rub and the part you're probably not going to want to hear and almost certainly will reject: for all the importance you give your primacy, you're not really a top-tier CaSer--at least, not relative to the scale of the community you have dropped into in order to assert your superiority in. Look, you've got some talent, and I'm not one to dismiss creators who focus almost exclusively on reference designs: there's a kind of artistry in finding solutions to replicate something that is fixed by the virtue of being a famous design, and seeing how close you can get to it--and you have shown some real creativity in reaching some of those targets (or getting as close as one can within the limitations of the editor). But none of that changes the fact that there may be perhaps 15, maybe even 20 creators here who I would personally say have presented a significantly better showcasing of overall creativity and technique than you have so far, plus probably at least another 20 who I only know by their contributions at HappyColour's site--and for all I know of this part of the internet, there could be another hundred at Reddit. Man, to be blunt if I had to describe your stuff in a phrase, it would be "clever, but kitschy".

I'm sorry to give it you so real, yo--both because I genuinely don't like being critical if I can avoid it and because I'm sure I can look forward to you dropping in on my thread to be salty there next. But I just think you should know, to build on the Game of Thrones metaphor, that when you come in here feeling like the big swinging dick Dragon Lord about the challenge the Boar King or whatever the hell, while the peasants scurry beneath you, the rest of us are just some combination of bemused at how seriously you take this shit, dubious of your self-assigned status as "definitely best, or at least second best", and annoyed that our usually chill little presentation-and-chat space is getting filled up with the internet equivalent of Axe Body Spray.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210224-110519_DuckDuckGo.jpg

... Huh?

I feel bad for Dante when she eventually comes back here and sees the degradation. People just wanna enjoy CaS and have fun with it; it's not something to get adversarial about or try to prove anyone's tHe BeSt, jeez...

I'm not sure who u are addressing in such a crass tone nor I'm I going to read a wall of wasted energy, majority of u on this forum have an issue with the comments I left, however they are well within the rules of this site. I'm not here to make friends or win your approval of my character.

Secondly vulgarity or insipid remarks won't get me to respond in a debased manner either. I didn't post any anime characters to your shiggrin Rustedblade, and if you are willing to extend this kind humor by all means let your talent be the equalizer, if not then consider yourself ignored.

I'm not going to ever give quater or measure on my stance of what I feel about anyone's work on this site, with that being said feel free to keep this topic going as much as you all would like.
I think it's time we give Dante her thread back, since you have four now maybe it's time you engage people in arguments conversation over there, instead.

I'll say this in the most eloquent way possible, do what u must but stop addressing me on this forum unless it's manly on a creative standpoint. U and 4 other's felt it necessary to take this thread and saturate it with several swj viewpoints on what I addressed directly to her. If u have anything you'd like to say that is jermaine on a creative level then by all means is be open to that, but I'm not going to continue joinder with you all on this further.
Well, perhaps if you weren’t constantly trying to turn the CaS community into a one upping contest, putting down other people’s work every chance you get (like Dante’s), stroking your own ego about being the self proclaimed “CaS Master” all the while getting defensive when you get called out for your behaviour, you wouldn’t have so much fire thrown at you.

And with all that said, you’re probably not going to last much longer around here with how much respect you’ve already lost from several people here and the amount of bombardment you’re receiving.

I'll say this in the most eloquent way possible, do what u must but stop addressing me on this forum unless it's manly on a creative standpoint. U and 4 other's felt it necessary to take this thread and saturate it with several swj viewpoints on what I addressed directly to her. If u have anything you'd like to say that is jermaine on a creative level then by all means is be open to that, but I'm not going to continue joinder with you all on this further.
Oh, don't worry, I didn't have any plans to communicate with you any further, in fact wherever else I've been in the CaS community since that particular subreddit, you've found me and created a point of contact in one way or another ever since, but I quite honestly had no further desire to communicate in any way, shape or form.

I've certainly communicated enough with you in the past to know exactly where it leads. It's just unfortunate you've decided to engage people here in the same aggressive way you have previously on other social media platforms.

I simply stated that you/we stop crapping up this thread as it's very disrespectful, and I don't think the hole you've dug for yourself is gonna get any bigger.

If you felt so strongly about Dante's creative prowess because of what she'd said to another forum member here (what, 6 months ago?) the best thing you could've done was to reply in the actual thread in which the conversation took place/dmed her, or, - probably the best option - not said anything at all as the original engagement evidently wasn't an aggressive one.

I won't respond further, I hope one day you'll be able to simply enjoy CaS as simply being the fun little creative hobby it is, rather than an outlet for all this aggression.

Last edited:
Well, perhaps if you weren’t constantly trying to turn the CaS community into a one upping contest, putting down other people’s work every chance you get (like Dante’s), stroking your own ego about being the self proclaimed “CaS Master” all the while getting defensive when you get called out for your behaviour, you wouldn’t have so much fire thrown at you.

And with all that said, you’re probably not going to last much longer around here with how much respect you’ve already lost from several people here and the amount of bombardment you’re receiving.
Ok let's be very clear on this subject I don't have a complex nor do I need anyone's approval to make mention of what I said. You people are mentally detached that you keep bringing it up.

Secondly if you are going to quote my words then don't take them out of context. It's seems that majority of you all responding want attention, or hope I have a conniption so that I get banded. I can assure u it's not going to happen.

I'll be very honest I'm not here to be anyone's friend nor do I care or asked to be gifted a blessing, from people who think I've sullied there community. My words stand and that's final.

People who are in favor of othese comments are doing more harm than help, so by all means continue to keep posting in her gallery.

A few individuals here think I'm really trying to take over this group, well it's not the case and to whatever ends that u want to continue this crusade, shows that you're truly sick. No one has to ask permission to say what they think or give an opinion last I checked.

I kept my comments well within the rules of this group's charter, and I didn't make threats or say ill-advised statements, which would result in a warning or band. If anything you all are the one's who seem more likely to be issued a warning over the content of what u are saying in junction to my statements, so perhaps you might wanna rethink how anyone of u proceed from here on out.

And if you cared that much about her gallery you'd all delete you comments as I'm about to, and move on if not you'll be all giving warnings by the admins for harassment because all of you are unhinged to keep this going for over 2 weeks now.

Last edited:
People like nitric zenith who like these comments are doing more harm than help, so by all means continue to keep posting in her gallery.
Why would anyone do this when you were the one who started to stir up drama here? I merely reacted to what was developing and I'm also not the only person who reacted, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't attempt to bait people into...what...arguing with me?

And I would ask politely that you stop referring to me entirely in general, thank you.

Back