Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Online will never equal offline. If you're itching for that, go play some people. Otherwise sit home and be mad with everybody else. Don't understand why people want the offline experience online if they're only going to play online either but wuteva. Can't wait for this game.
I never said I want the offline experience online but I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks and not be able to make use of all it's features. This isn't the beginning of online play. That's not acceptable.

I would have also been playing it offline with my boyfriend and his friends so where was your point...I guess it's a crime to want to enjoy the game in both environments these days.

I'm also not writing the game off entirely. I'm just gonna wait and see what the online is like when the general public gets it.

I never said I want the offline experience online but I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks and not be able to make use of all it's features. This isn't the beginning of online play. That's not acceptable.

I would have also been playing it offline with my boyfriend and his friends so where was your point...I guess it's a crime to want to enjoy the game in both environments these days.

I'm also not writing the game off entirely. I'm just gonna wait and see what the online is like when the general public gets it.

I never named any names, first of all. If you don't fit the bill of what I said, then why bother replying to it as if you do?

No one said you can't use all of it's features. The online is there and will be the same for everyone. Every game lags online and no one forces you to play online. Why you can't enjoy the game for what it is online, in any game, knowing what online entails, is beyond me.

Idk maybe because you made this vague ass post about people caring about online too much after i said what i said.

Also are you saying you can't tell there is a noticeable difference in online play between fighting games. DOA4 online was way more acceptable than SCIV and Tekken 6. There is a point where it's fun times with friends and where it's horrid and completely unenjoyable.

For me to hear it may be worst than DOA4 which is essentially the game that got me into online play is very alarming.

Idk maybe because you made this vague ass post about people caring about online too much after i said what i said.

Also are you saying you can't tell there is a noticeable difference in online play between fighting games. DOA4 online was way more acceptable than SCIV and Tekken 6. There is a point where it's fun times with friends and where it's horrid and completely unenjoyable.

For me to hear it may be worst than DOA4 which is essentially the game that got me into online play is very alarming.

Who cares when I made it if I wasn't directing it towards you? It's a message bored. Most messages have to precede or follow another. I'm addressing an issue, not a person.

As for online. Yeah, there are a bunch of different qualities...and I bet there are way more variables that account for 'good' or 'bad' online. Until someone creates a lagless online environment and everyone has access to that medium, I don't think there's much that can be done about it.

But, then again...when I don't like a game's online...I simply don't play it or just play it and accept it for what it is. So maybe I'm just too simple for this whole thing.

Nigga please. People otften hate on the ENGLISH dubs than the Japanese ones.

As far as DOA is concerned, both the Japanese and English dubs are on the low end of what I would consider good voice acting.

Personally, I'll likely be playing the game in Japanese. Partially because of my long history of playing fighters and I'm just used hearing fighting games in Japanese. There are a handful of cases where I stick to the English dub, though. Largely because of good voice English voice acting. DOA, however, is bad on both fronts and I'm just used to hearing the bad Japanese VA over bad English VA.

I seemed to be the only one speaking about it negatively so I took it as directed at me. Whatever though it's not remotely serious as I won't play the game if its online sucks.

As far as DOA is concerned, both the Japanese and English dubs are on the low end of what I would consider good voice acting.

Personally, I'll likely be playing the game in Japanese. Partially because of my long history of playing fighters and I'm just used hearing fighting games in Japanese. There are a handful of cases where I stick to the English dub, though. Largely because of good voice English voice acting. DOA, however, is bad on both fronts and I'm just used to hearing the bad Japanese VA over bad English VA.

I just like the English voices for a change of pace, most of the Japanese audio is completely recycled from previous games and i'd like something different. Also i like the accents of English voices.

Gentleman - The only thing we should be fighting for is future customization for DOA... C'mon now people! :D

Not getting into any debate over this, but I have had the game for the weekend and was able to try it out online.

Initial impressions online: God awful. First match I found was slowdown to near 20 frames per second with 3 second input delay. (Was on PS3).

Switched over to 360 and had similar initial experience.

A friend of mine in Rochester, NY (I'm near Baltimore, MD) and I tried to have a match. If he was hosting we both had a 0.3-1s delay. If I was hosting, I was fine but he would have a 0.3s delay.

That was the worst of it. Since that time I've been playing pretty smoothly with random public matches, mainly due to more people finding ways to obtain a copy of the game.

I'm not going to lie and say it's a replacement for offline play, a fool would do that. However, I will say that my best experience was better than DOA4's netcode and at worst (minus the above) I got around a mid connection to DOA4. Playing with 5 bars seemed doable but the network delay is just as you would expect for an online game.

So I will disagree with the initial reports, and simply say that it truly just matters on who you're connecting to. You won't be able to connect to everyone with super smooth connections, but you'll be able to find some players and have an enjoyable experience where you're not trying to 'adjust' to the delay.

Thanks Mr. Wah that's all I wanted to hear. I wasn't paying for another Mortal Kombat where the lag would be horrendous with somebody just two states over. Still may wait a day or two even though I'm super psyched for Brad Wong.

Gentleman - The only thing we should be fighting for is future customization for DOA... C'mon now people! :D
I just want some more costumes and i'll be great. Not in the one for all format but in the 'If you play Kasumi you can buy this character costume pack for her' format. I'd gladly spend my cash on that!

The only thing we should be fighting for is future customization for DOA... C'mon now people! :D
I rather have future customization in it's own fighting game.

BTW let's not forget to address the ladies who also play DOA and other fighting games.

I rather have future customization in it's own fighting game.

BTW let's not forget to address the ladies who also play DOA and other fighting games.
Like Kayane and Valerie?

but those are the more well known names. i am seeing more and more females in the FGC. it's good to know and hopefully this will let guys stop gawking whenever a girl enters a lobby because they are used to it.

Well at least from I what I seen from Kayane; she'd already proved enough that regardless of gender they can play good if they have the drive and determination.

I wish more girls are like Kayane and Valerie.

I am sorry bro, But Leon and Ein are not in the game... Everyone that is in has already been announced... :|

But why? Leon's name was in the leaked character roster of alpha demo! I don't understand why Team Ninja disconfirmed him..... Leon has many fans.... :(

But why? Leon's name was in the leaked character roster of alpha demo! I don't understand why Team Ninja disconfirmed him..... Leon has many fans.... :(

I know that feel. Imma miss the Red Coat of Justice, The Triple Arm Hump and Salty Saudi Air Throw, honestly.

But. At least with Leon's absence, I can take comfort knowing Bayman will be a better, more complete character for it.

Not getting into any debate over this, but I have had the game for the weekend and was able to try it out online.

Initial impressions.

If you worked for Team NINJA than how is it you are one of the Make a move winners, isn't that against the rules ?

Oh and whenever you are ready to admit that playing DOA with the same costumes for the next 7 years is bullshit and that DOA does need customization, hence I was right you were wrong... I'll be hear ;)

Back