Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

I used 6P+K almost all the time in DOA4 as a whiff punishment move and first move to go into a stun mix up and it worked wonders at times. Now it´s almost useless out of stuns...

And you coulnd´t throw break in DOA4 too and 46K was still far from being overpowered even if it gave +5 on block.

And 4P... really? I don´t think most Ein players will use that move on high level. Just not good enough.

There is nothing stopping you from using a different whiff punisher. Ein isn't exactly lacking there. All 6P+K gave you was a crumple stun, and the entire point of playing Ein is to ignore the stun game as much as possible. Use Azuma or something else to push people closer to the environment. That's where his damage comes in the strongest.

46K and Hayate's variant were used exclusively to get-in and dominate DOA 4 matches at high level. I'm not sure how much you were exposed to it, but both variants were used by Offbeat and PL to get inside when they were not in turtle mode. If it wasn't ridiculously effective, people would not be mourning the loss. It's still a good move, especially since Ein can take a third lifebar from his high jab string on CH now.

And at the rate Ein players are complaining, I don't think there will BE any Ein's at high level to use 4P. If you doubt its effectiveness, ask Perfect Legend. Do not forget this is a string that goes into launch.

There is nothing stopping you from using a different whiff punisher. Ein isn't exactly lacking there. All 6P+K gave you was a crumple stun, and the entire point of playing Ein is to ignore the stun game as much as possible. Use Azuma or something else to push people closer to the environment. That's where his damage comes in the strongest.

There is no move than can replace 6P+K atm for me. It was an awesome move which gave you so many options after it hit the opponent due to the long stun animation. And 46P is still a high and can´t be that good because highs can never be used as effectively as mids and the new engine has imo problems to differentiate 46 from 236 sometimes like 33T throws come out as 3T.
46K and Hayate's variant were used exclusively to get-in and dominate DOA 4 matches at high level. I'm not sure how much you were exposed to it, but both variants were used by Offbeat and PL to get inside when they were not in turtle mode. If it wasn't ridiculously effective, people would not be mourning the loss. It's still a good move, especially since Ein can take a third lifebar from his high jab string on CH now.

I loved 46K but it wasn´t ridiculously effective, that´s not the reason why people mourn, it´s the fact that no one wants his favourite char get nerfed in any way!

And at the rate Ein players are complaining, I don't think there will BE any Ein's at high level to use 4P. If you doubt its effectiveness, ask Perfect Legend. Do not forget this is a string that goes into launch.

It´s still a high with shitty range... Might use it/test it during my next Online sessions though.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in a tracking attack.

Tracking strikes with long range are not exactly common aside from sweeps and round houses, and he happens to have both. For a quick strike, 4P is as good as they come. Got plenty of mixup afterwards too.

But it seems to me you have a very different take on Ein to begin with.

I like tracking moves like Hitomis 3P+K for example. Mid, good range etc.

But like I said, i might give 4P a try.

And yeah, I also played a vastly different Ein than most other players did in DOA4.

I finally figured out Akira's guard break of doom. You have input the second command before the first one hits in order to get the full string to come out, so you can't really hit confirm it. The instructions to do this move definitely implied you had to get the second input after the first attack connects on block, but that's not the case. You have to get the second input in before the first punch hits the opponent.

What's interesting though, is how you can roll the inputs from one end to the next to complete the string. You can go 236, 1236, 3214, 6 and still get the full string off using this method. I'm not sure you can be this imprecise in VF5, but it definitely helps get a feel for the timing of the move and later refining the input.

I'm pretty happy that I finally got the string now and I can practice it with some success. Now if only I could figure out how to play Akira and try using that move in live play.

Hm...

After downranking twice with Akira, I still have no real clue how to play him.

I get the idea that P and 2P are +1 and +2 on block and hit and I get that 66P stops them from ducking, but I don't really get anything else. It might be lag, but it seems to take an age just to move into another poke and I don't really know where to go after I score a hit with P or 2P or 66P.

And even after hitting with those basic moves, some players don't really seem to care and go balls to the walls on offense, despite the fact I just punished them for doing that.

There's a guy named "DestructionBomb" on PSN that could probably show you a few things. He hits the JF knees and everything.

Though he might not be the nicest guy... ._.

Hm...

I get the idea that P and 2P are +1 and +2 on block and hit and I get that 66P stops them from ducking, but I don't really get anything else. It might be lag, but it seems to take an age just to move into another poke and I don't really know where to go after I score a hit with P or 2P or 66P.

And even after hitting with those basic moves, some players don't really seem to care and go balls to the walls on offense, despite the fact I just punished them for doing that.

Yomi talk time.

Because despite the fact you just punished them, all that punishment really entailed was getting stunned. They can always escape regular stun, although its definitely not an ideal situation to be in. People do not instinctively think that far ahead. That initial mistake matters a lot, but it doesn't occur to most people that is where the avalanche of pain begins so they keep behaving recklessly until the very last possible moment that leads to big damage.

For some people, the only punishment that effects the way they are conditioned is how often they are getting thrown out of a hold. Or, if you have a single attack that goes straight into a sitdown and takes noticeable life away from them, that will also make a mental impact on people and condition against silly actions.

Remember that there are a ton of small actions in this game that you can't always protect yourself against, so most people take that damage for granted and don't allow it to alter their thought process. It's the big stuff that is going to make a mental impact and allow you to control your opponent.

That is good for Akira, in a way. If people refuse to become conditioned against the smaller counter-hits, that simply gives you more openings to work with. Recognize which rocks can be moved to divert the streams flow, and which rocks will not move without long term effort.

Then recognize, not all rocks need to be moved.

So they claim.

A "large" update this soon into the games life usually means new moves that didn't make it to release in time. At least, thats usually how it goes with DOA games if the pattern holds true from DOA 3 to 3.1, DOA 4 to 4.1, and DOA 5 to 5.3...

Guess we just have to see what happens here.

So they claim.

A "large" update this soon into the games life usually means new moves that didn't make it to release in time. At least, thats usually how it goes with DOA games if the pattern holds true from DOA 3 to 3.1, DOA 4 to 4.1, and DOA 5 to 5.3...

Guess we just have to see what happens here.

Yeah, like always..but as i stated many times..i love how they support the game..they also announced on twitter a Large Tournament for November in japan(correct me if im wrong)

As for "new moves" (if they really put some in)...hmm then im gonna start daydreaming and wish for Kasumi`s Izuna Wheel Drop like In Razors Edge lol
And for DLC her`s and Ayane`s Default outfits from Razors Edge =)

I can't figure out how to play online tag mode with another person. I'm trying to play with my brother and I don't know how.
Can you not do that on the same screen? I used to play MK9 with my bro like that. Help would be very much appreciated.

I can't figure out how to play online tag mode with another person. I'm trying to play with my brother and I don't know how.
Can you not do that on the same screen? I used to play MK9 with my bro like that. Help would be very much appreciated.
Unfortunately no, you cant play Tag on the same screen.
But if ya got a Partner for online..then everyone should in the lobby(not in the game) then press Y/Triangle..
there is a option for a Partner/Tag request..just hit the person up you want to play with.
Hope this helps, Tag is pretty fun if you have anyone in your team you like play with =)
I know this may be a issue for TN, but that would be Awesome if we could really play tag like in MK...hmh.

And you thought you could just transplant a playstyle between 2 different games? Not gonna happen. At least, not in a 3D fighter.

I almost don´t care about a different engine of another game as long as I can still play the way I used to.

In Europe : Complain > Adapt.

To "Adapt" is overrated imo. Personal playstile is more important.

Large update maybe coming in October? I hope so, Helena and Rachel are really strong.

Unfortunately no, you cant play Tag on the same screen.
But if ya got a Partner for online..then everyone should in the lobby(not in the game) then press Y/Triangle..
there is a option for a Partner/Tag request..just hit the person up you want to play with.
Hope this helps, Tag is pretty fun if you have anyone in your team you like play with =)
I know this may be a issue for TN, but that would be Awesome if we could really play tag like in MK...hmh.

Thanks for the help, I don't really know how to set it up, but I don't have an online partner to play with so it doesn't matter. You told me what I wanted to know.

Back