Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Dead or Alive 5 Gameplay Trailer

On topic (Forgive my double post)
I actually like Hitomi's new look. She actually looks western, and her face model really does look unique. Sad to see her lose, but that won't happen much when I start playing her online! I'm determined to OWN with her!

Geez it really seems that some people just don't understand....

Listen, that is just the general anime style humor. Ecchi humor is funny and I tend to think girls with big boobs who can kick as are absolutely badass. What is the problem with that? Does that make me a huge immoral discusting piece of crap that deserves to get tortured to death due to my perverted mental state? Does that make me a terrible person who needs to burn for simply finding girls like that beautiful & badass?

Funny, because last I know, a majority of the population just loves talking about the size of their genitals, yet when we talk about fictional girls, we are viewed as sick and disgusting people who have no lives.
Exactly my thoughts Higura. You are a perverted scumbag with no honor. Shame on you. :D

On a serious note ( since you can't take a joke ) in my opinion you are the one who doesn't understand. These guys want to be recognized for other things than big boobs and fan service which is understandable. I prefer by far a good game less based on fan service than some shit game who sells just for fan service. Plus they really like their character but are taking a more mature approach to them. Your self-centered arguments where are my big boobs /cry cry or this doesn't make me some perverted bastard, are kinda weak. I support their new approach where they want to develop their character a little more as a character instead as an object of desire.

On topic (Forgive my double post)
I actually like Hitomi's new look. She actually looks western, and her face model really does look unique. Sad to see her lose, but that won't happen much when I start playing her online! I'm determined to OWN with her!
I haven't played DOA since like, 2, I think, but these character models have such a vacant look on their face. Don't they know how to animate expressions?

I played DOA4 a lot and I feel the counter system is kind of broken, similiar to how the SC4 system was kind of broken if abused properly, but to a greater extent. Counter-spamming provided little risk when the payoff was clearly great. Anyone who hasn't played DOA - think of being able to GI awhile being comboed/in a stun. In DOA4, a low counter even had a quicker recovery, so low countering into a guard was often a good way to escape some setups.

It was still a fun game I have tons of hours logged on. I'm excited to see what this installment brings!

I played DOA4 a lot and I feel the counter system is kind of broken, similiar to how the SC4 system was kind of broken if abused properly, but to a greater extent. Counter-spamming provided little risk when the payoff was clearly great. Anyone who hasn't played DOA - think of being able to GI awhile being comboed/in a stun. In DOA4, a low counter even had a quicker recovery, so low countering into a guard was often a good way to escape some setups.

It was still a fun game I have tons of hours logged on. I'm excited to see what this installment brings!

the counter system was the best in the series, loved it !

Really cause without Free GIs SC5 has become the most boring game in the world!

Attack block Attack Block... GIs and other form of counters force you not to spam.. they force you to mix things up, otherwise... wait for it...

You get countered!

Exactly my thoughts Higura. You are a perverted scumbag with no honor. Shame on you. :D

On a serious note ( since you can't take a joke ) in my opinion you are the one who doesn't understand. These guys want to be recognized for other things than big boobs and fan service which is understandable. I prefer by far a good game less based on fan service than some shit game who sells just for fan service. Plus they really like their character but are taking a more mature approach to them. Your self-centered arguments where are my big boobs /cry cry or this doesn't make me some perverted bastard, are kinda weak. I support their new approach where they want to develop their character a little more as a character instead as an object of desire.

Huh? Who was arguing about the big boobs? I actually like the way the characters look this time.... I was just stating something about the general anime humor type...

I didn't say anything about how I wan't them to change the characters looks back to the old game... I was defending my homelaaaaaaaaaaand of ecchi humor goodness.

Really cause without Free GIs SC5 has become the most boring game in the world!

Attack block Attack Block... GIs and other form of counters force you not to spam.. they force you to mix things up, otherwise... wait for it...

You get countered!
YOu do realise that you can crouch, quickstep, backstep, jump also right. Actually mid horizontals are in general the only moves you can't really dodge besides backstepping, sabaki's etc. No free GI doesn't make the game like you say it does. At least at a decent level. Learn to play better and you'll find the there's lots of options besides block and attack LMFAO!!!

YOu do realise that you can crouch, quickstep, backstep, jump also right. Actually mid horizontals are in general the only moves you can't really dodge besides backstepping, sabaki's etc. No free GI doesn't make the game like you say it does. At least at a decent level. Learn to play better and you'll find the there's lots of options besides block and attack LMFAO!!!

I am aware of all those things: and if you want to battle online let me know, otherwise save your insults for someone else kid... Just because you never mastered GI in SC4 doesn't mean they are worthless it just means you are not that good...

So how does this game work? Compared to Tekken, or SCV. What's the fundamentals?

How's the movement? Is whiff/block punishment a big thing? Spacing still important?

I see a lot of strings. Canned chip lows seem to be on a few characters. How effective are these?

I hear a lot of things about the counter system, being able to counter out of hitstun. Are there still guaranteed combos in this game? What's the mindgames behind counters? If you think the other guy is going to counter, what do you do?

Throughout the series, how has the balance been? I hear ninjas are popular. Is that because they're ninjas, or are they the DOA version of our Alexandras/Greeks?

Since DOA was on the Xbox for multiple games I never got to play it so I really don't know how the game is. I've heard things, but people say a lot of stuff about SCV too that just isn't right.

What peaks my interest most about this game is full frame data released by the developers.
I wish Namco would follow suit.

As far as guaranteed combos, supposedly this DoA is better about that than others. They reduced the number of places you can counter as well as the damage a counter does.

In general this DoA is smarter and more sophisticated than its forerunners. But that still doesn't mean I don't want my damn fanservice!

SCIV was a much better game than DOA4 in almost every aspect except game-speed.

So how does this game work? Compared to Tekken, or SCV. What's the fundamentals?

How's the movement? Is whiff/block punishment a big thing? Spacing still important?

I see a lot of strings. Canned chip lows seem to be on a few characters. How effective are these?

I hear a lot of things about the counter system, being able to counter out of hitstun. Are there still guaranteed combos in this game? What's the mindgames behind counters? If you think the other guy is going to counter, what do you do?

Throughout the series, how has the balance been? I hear ninjas are popular. Is that because they're ninjas, or are they the DOA version of our Alexandras/Greeks?.

At its core, DOA is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Using Attacks, Throws, and Counter holds. The games main feature is that the basic counter hold system is universal for all characters. (example: 4F = Mid Punch and Kick Counter...F stands for Free which is the guard button.) at its simplest form it looks like so:
Attacks beat Throws
Throws Beat Holds
Holds beat Attacks

The movement of past DOA games was mainly used for positioning since moves tracked a little too well. Some attacks had evasive Step properties but that was about it. In this game, they seem to be borrowing a page from SC with a quickstep like mechanic. Not too many moves in the last game left you at much disadvantage so most punishment was off of whiff...

Which is where strings come into play. You have to mix them up as to not get counter held (most moves at the end of strings are slower allowing for easy hold attempts) alot of time baiting the counter and throwing the opponent OR using an attack that hits a different height (they use Mid Counter, you hit them with a high)

The Ninjas all play quite differently so they aren't like Alexandra type characters in SC. Kasumi typically has the fastest attacks, Hayabusa's Counter Holds are high damaging Izuna Drops, Ayane has a lot of mix up potiential, Not sure about Hayate

Hayate usually gets shafted. Or patched into being shafted. I hope he's jus' a little better this time. My fave char!

The Ninjas all play quite differently so they aren't like Alexandra type characters in SC. Kasumi typically has the fastest attacks, Hayabusa's Counter Holds are high damaging Izuna Drops, Ayane has a lot of mix up potiential, Not sure about Hayate
Franchise-wise, and compared to the other characters, they are.

I think we might get tag battle since I noticed in one of the screenshots that Ayane and Kasumi are together (obviously not fighting each other).

I am aware of all those things: and if you want to battle online let me know, otherwise save your insults for someone else kid... Just because you never mastered GI in SC4 doesn't mean they are worthless it just means you are not that good...
hahahaha i'm not insulting at all stop imagining things. Thanks for the compliment calling me kid :D At my age i'll take it in a good way. Anyways, please continue spouting nonsense your a lot funnier than your knowledgeable about fighting games obviously.

hahahaha i'm not insulting at all stop imagining things. Thanks for the compliment calling me kid :D At my age i'll take it in a good way. Anyways, please continue spouting nonsense your a lot funnier than your knowledgeable about fighting games obviously.
Can't we all just get along.....

Back