Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

I hear a lot of things about the counter system, being able to counter out of hitstun. Are there still guaranteed combos in this game?
Only on launchers. People can counter out of anything if they're on their feet. That said there's a lot to be gained off of clever deception and anticipation. For what it's worth though I usually pick a character with good launchers like Helena to avoid that game as much as possible.

Is that because they're ninjas, or are they the DOA version of our Alexandras/Greeks?
Little from column A little from column B. They're cool and flashy which might make them popular enough. They're also usually a tier above the rest of the characters.

here's some stuff from the Alpha Demo(Demo included with Ninja Gaiden 3)Mr.Wah from FreeStepDodge already has.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5-mr-wah-goes-over-the-dead-or-alive-5-demo.611/
-Power Blow is H+P+K
-Wall Crumple is like in the Akira video where you get a guaranteed follow-up hit.
-Side Steps are 22H+P+K and 88H+P+K and you can do side step attacks during.
-The limbo stun is back!
-Izuna drop hold is still there for High, Mid and Low. It's an "advanced" hold, i.e. the first input is 67H for High, 64H for Mid and 61 for Low. This also does not counter kicks at those levels.
-Offensive holds have been removed from the majority of the cast here. Hayabusa's handstand throw still appears to be an offensive hold.
-Hit bubbles/effects can be turned off.
-The button config lets you select a function and then hit the button you would like to assign.
-You can choose between classic and action camera types which just vary the camera during throws.
-Hayabusa has gained an air throw: 41236H+P
-Normal Life is now 270 points versus the previous 240. This is was considered the Large Life setting previously.
-Standard Throws have been sped up back to 5 initial frames

hahahaha i'm not insulting at all stop imagining things. Thanks for the compliment calling me kid :D At my age i'll take it in a good way. Anyways, please continue spouting nonsense your a lot funnier than your knowledgeable about fighting games obviously.

Sorry bro lets just bury this and continue getting hyped for DOA 5 :D (I was... trying to suggest that when your opponent has the ability to GI anytime and you know this, it forces to mix it up even more... but whatever)

here's some stuff from the Alpha Demo(Demo included with Ninja Gaiden 3)Mr.Wah from FreeStepDodge already has.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5-mr-wah-goes-over-the-dead-or-alive-5-demo.611/
-Power Blow is H+P+K
-Wall Crumple is like in the Akira video where you get a guaranteed follow-up hit.
-Side Steps are 22H+P+K and 88H+P+K and you can do side step attacks during.
-The limbo stun is back!
-Izuna drop hold is still there for High, Mid and Low. It's an "advanced" hold, i.e. the first input is 67H for High, 64H for Mid and 61 for Low. This also does not counter kicks at those levels.
-Offensive holds have been removed from the majority of the cast here. Hayabusa's handstand throw still appears to be an offensive hold.
-Hit bubbles/effects can be turned off.
-The button config lets you select a function and then hit the button you would like to assign.
-You can choose between classic and action camera types which just vary the camera during throws.
-Hayabusa has gained an air throw: 41236H+P
-Normal Life is now 270 points versus the previous 240. This is was considered the Large Life setting previously.
-Standard Throws have been sped up back to 5 initial frames

Sounds like "NEW AGE DOA3"!!

Sorry bro lets just bury this and continue getting hyped for DOA 5 :D (I was... trying to suggest that when your opponent has the ability to GI anytime and you know this, it forces to mix it up even more... but whatever)
I understand your point but then again instead of impacting you can almost always dodge and punish. GI was good but not an overly abusive part of SC V system. Its useful in a very situational way. With SC V damage chart, GI with meter is ideal IMO. :D

Any backdash cancel/advanced movement?

Tekken has it, SCV... apparently doesn't, now???

How easy is it to cause whiffs?

Everybody, listen. They put online passes on Ninja Gaiden 3, please lobby them to NOT do so to Dead or Alive 5. Thanks. Spread the word. lol

Throws are escapable, right? But if your opponent does a hold and you throw them, they can't escape?

Everybody, listen. They put online passes on Ninja Gaiden 3, please lobby them to NOT do so to Dead or Alive 5. Thanks. Spread the word. lol
Eh...

Oh... shit...

Genuine apocalypse happening... under the radar...

Gotta pay attention to these things. It wouldn't be super-bad, but, just, good series without online passes are helpful. Like I said, just hit Team Ninja's and Tecmo's twitter hard, ask for no passes on DoA5. I want this game to be great, and finally possibly competitive. Spread the word! lol. (My, first real fighting game was DoA3. Gotta support childhood games.)

Throws are escapable, right? But if your opponent does a hold and you throw them, they can't escape?
Only neutral throws are escapable (5F+P), any directional input throw (even 6F+P or 2F+P) is inescapable. The neutral throws seem useless but are the fastest throws in the game. Some more powerful command grabs come out much slower, and have a much worse (longer) recovery animation on whiff.
My, first real fighting game was DoA3. Gotta support childhood games.
SFII was mine, but DOA3 was the game that got me back into all this stuff. V excited about 5. Not excited about online passes.

EA have paved the way for the future of 100% subscription gaming. Competition needs to stay strong or it will quickly become the norm

SFII was mine, but DOA3 was the game that got me back into all this stuff. V excited about 5. Not excited about online passes.

EA have paved the way for the future of 100% subscription gaming. Competition needs to stay strong or it will quickly become the norm

I agree. This online pass thing needs to be fought. The last people I want to go to the dark side, is Team Ninja.

Only neutral throws are escapable (5F+P), any directional input throw (even 6F+P or 2F+P) is inescapable. The neutral throws seem useless but are the fastest throws in the game. Some more powerful command grabs come out much slower, and have a much worse (longer) recovery animation on whiff.
Huh. Thanks.

English dubbing is horribad... but, the feel I'm getting right now is 90s Hong Kong action movie, so I suppose it fits.

(Hitomi says "I'm on fire!" when she wins.

... welp)

And I don't quite understand... I'm still salivating at the thought of full frame data, online, for free, for everyone's use, and yet apparently DOA gets a bad rap for not being competitive?

Back