Despising characters discussion. Start!

I love all of the characters, except for most of the bonus characters.

Scherzerade - HATE. HER.
Ashlotte - Bah, emotionless robot with the face of a ten year old. Do not want.
Kamikirimusi - That is what I call an unlikeable freak.
Shura - BOOBS! And thats all people see in her. BORING!
Angol Fear - Damn Anti-Human!

Yeah I hate the bonus characters in Soul Calibur IV, A LOT! Its not just because they're unlikebale in my opinion, its because they're also boring clones. If we get these losers we should get Li Long! (Sorry if someone already brought up poor Long)

Honestly, all the "younger generation" characters are kind of annoying...but that just might be me getting old. I was admittedly disappointed when I saw the tier list favored the obnoxious Mickey Mouse club characters instead of, say, the fire-breathing angel lizard.

But DAMN IT ALL if I'm going to have my Siegfried's ass get kicked by Pyrrha only for her to run away crying. In fact, everything she does is some permutation of "run away crying." Even when she's CE-ing you to death, I'm sure in her head she'd rather be running away crying.

Fuck Pyrrha. Fuck her in her stupid asses.

The characters I dislike most? Well, only when other players play them, but it's Siegfried, Nigthmare, Xiba, Maxi, Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugi, can't do a thing against them with Tira :/

Honestly, all the "younger generation" characters are kind of annoying...but that just might be me getting old. I was admittedly disappointed when I saw the tier list favored the obnoxious Mickey Mouse club characters instead of, say, the fire-breathing angel lizard.

You prefer Aeon over Pyrrha?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Pyrrha should have just stayed in the slave market... and Tira should have just left her alone. Then my SCV would be perfect. :D

Pyrrha is a baby and a child and a little girl and whines and cries and is a royal headache. And she really shouldn't be able to compete with the other characters.
If you really think about it, just her being able to hold up a sword and shield, both with only one hand, is quite amazing.

If you really think about it, just her being able to hold up a sword and shield, both with only one hand, is quite amazing.
But swords aren't heavy at all, the heaviest of all practical Zweihanders would weigh 7lbs at most. If someone can't lift 7 pounds why should they even bother trying to do anything?

But swords aren't heavy at all, the heaviest of all practical Zweihanders would weigh 7lbs at most. If someone can't lift 7 pounds why should they even bother trying to do anything?
Really? I honestly thought they were heavier <_>
My point is, how Pyrrah managed to get by and why Tira wanted to make her Soul Edges new host still doesn't make sense to me. I'd think Pat would make a better host.

... But that's just me.

Really? I honestly thought they were heavier <_>
My point is, how Pyrrah managed to get by and why Tira wanted to make her Soul Edges new host still doesn't make sense to me. I'd think Pat would make a better host.

... But that's just me.
Yea, it seems to me like Pyrrah should have wielded Soul Calibur and Patrokolos should have wielded Soul Edge.
Oh well I still like Pyrrah. I should learn how to play her and spam the "I-I'm sorry" taunt while I beat people.

Tira chose Pyrrha to be Soul Edges new host because she's weak, impressionable, and very conflicted. She's broken and lonely. It doesn't take much for Tira to push her over the edge, where all that bottled up despair can erupt into madness.

Pat may be conflicted and easy to manipulate, but he is more misguided than he is impressionable. He has a very strong sense of self worth, fuled by a stalwart sense of purpose. Dumas never breaks or changes Pat... he simply misdirects Pats ambition to suit his own goals. The second Pat realizes this, he retaliates. The same thing happens with Soul Calibur. SC tries to misguide Pat to do its own bidding... but Pat is strong enough to see through that, at which point he retaliates to follow his own path.

Tira can't afford that with Soul Edge.

Err... I thought it was because Pyrrha already had Soul Edge in her or something. That's why Tira also kidnapped lil' Pyrrha way back in SC3(I forget whether it was Tira's or Sophitia's ending.) Wasn't it because Sophitia got pierced by a shard of Soul Edge when she destroyed it back in like, Soul Blade or something?

Tira chose Pyrrha to be Soul Edges new host because she's weak, impressionable, and very conflicted. She's broken and lonely. It doesn't take much for Tira to push her over the edge, where all that bottled up despair can erupt into madness.

Pat may be conflicted and easy to manipulate, but he is more misguided than he is impressionable. He has a very strong sense of self worth, fuled by a stalwart sense of purpose. Dumas never breaks or changes Pat... he simply misdirects Pats ambition to suit his own goals. The second Pat realizes this, he retaliates. The same thing happens with Soul Calibur. SC tries to misguide Pat to do its own bidding... but Pat is strong enough to see through that, at which point he retaliates to follow his own path.

Tira can't afford that with Soul Edge.

Ehhh well it depends, Pat did not see through it the first time >_<
Well, I guess the reason they gave Pat Soul Calibur was because he actually has all the necessary character build to be a protagonist.

Err... I thought it was because Pyrrha already had Soul Edge in her or something. That's why Tira also kidnapped lil' Pyrrha way back in SC3(I forget whether it was Tira's or Sophitia's ending.) Wasn't it because Sophitia got pierced by a shard of Soul Edge when she destroyed it back in like, Soul Blade or something?

Yes, this.

That's why Tira chose Pyr.

Definitely Mitsurugi. Now I know that you guys are gonna say "just sidestep *blablabla##@$$%*--" NO, QUIET. I'm not gonna say he's overpowered, but his damage can be toned down. I think he has a tech-trap wallsplat-less combo that does more than half-health, and USES NO BAR. Clarify me if I'm wrong, but seriously, what, the, fuck.

Personally I hate Mitsurugi, Cervantes, and Astaroth because of the tracking their moves have. I also hate Natsu because of A:6; if that move was a high I wouldn't give a shit but it's a KD wall splatting mid...

Back