E3 2009

Microsoft press conference in a nutshell:

Nintendo press conferense in a nutshell:

Yes I've seen the Island (old version.. not the newer one with mcgregor). But I'm not sure exactly what the reference is? something about harvesting organs?

I want that BAM song on my ipod now... lol. well BAMM (whoop der it iss) lol.

I've been looking at Bayonetta for a little while too and I was expecting as much as I saw. MY question to myself though is whether its a buy or a rent. I'll probably go for a rent but it def. looks like it has promise :) And that dragon finisher was pretty fuckin boss. Little confused as to how thsoe finishers work from the footage though... didn't look like it was a kill sequence like GoW but rather a single multi-button press.

I also liked what I heard/saw about the new assassin's creed game. But they fooled me once so I'm gonna wait a little after it comes out before getting it. The guy in the gamespot video for the gameplay demo of assassin's creed was getting off on everything the Ubisoft guy was saying...lol.

well then if you haven't seen the new one than the reference is lost on you. should i elaborate? I'm lazy... can't you just watch it?

no? fine whatever. i exhale a salty sigh with much lip smacking...

so there's this scene right? where the guy and girl are playing a fighting game. except that they're both in separate booths controlling cyber versions of themselves fighting in an arena. the catch? they were physically doing the moves in the booths. and the cyber version imitated them. what made it even more interesting and worthy of note? the xbox logo that appears before or afterword.

see the irony?

to better emphasize since you're probably not going to watch a shitty movie for one scene... I'll help you out.

- Being able to pick up weapons dropped by enemies and use them on the fly
- Enemy torture finishers
- Multiple demon summon boss finishers
- Over the top, fast paced action
- Bullet time
- GoW level gore
- Hawt heroine who strips while you combo enemies
- Glasses

I was looking forward to the game when the first trailer was released. My hype pretty much increased with every new trailer that was released. Now that there is finally gameplay demo footage, I finally jizzed and pre-ordered my copy.

What game are you talking about here? (out of the loop)

sorry to post crap i've found on 4chan, but this just sums up e3 too well for me
ff14.jpg

Yeah... as I was sitting there watching the huge screen for SE and I was amazed at the FFXIV like whooaaaa whaaaaaat and then ONLINE popped up... I just shook my head.

As for the comment back there by some insignificant name that I can't remember mentioned me using my tits to gain access to SC info: fuck you, you're not cute, or funny and that is 100% disrespectful

I asked about DLC: no

I asked about the characters, I was told SC4 characters, but no Starwars "of course" and then Dampiere and Kratos, but they were not playable in the demo there, but you could hover over them as if selectable

DrTom was there, he will probably know more, if he hasn't already said so... I haven't read the last 3 pages ~

Lousy character designs.

Hope you aren't a DMC or NG fan. If you are, you have no room to talk, lol. Bayonetta's design is on the level of DMC and NG. Hardly inspirational, just generic but cool. GoW is the only action game with exceptional character/monster design IMO.

Hope you aren't a DMC or NG fan.
I'm not.

If you are, you have no room to talk, lol. Bayonetta's design is on the level of DMC and NG.
Painful to the eye? Weird arm flap thinggies, (is she Rocky the flying squirrel?) randomly added in glasses, giant feet w/high heels. Whoot. Almost as awesome as C Viper's penis hair.

I do give them props for having a female protagonist that isn't a blond.

other than that the game seems like devil may cry 4.5 to me.

I really wish Sega decided to use a game mechanic like the one used for shinobi III on the ps2 instead of making what is essentially their own version of DMC.

Well that's a start. But then I'm reminded that you like Maxi, so I can't say that redeems your opinion on what constitutes as "lousy character design".

Painful to the eye? Weird arm flap thinggies, (is she Rocky the flying squirrel?) randomly added in glasses, giant feet w/high heels. Whoot. Almost as awesome as C Viper's penis hair.

C.Viper penis hair? Lulz, that's certainly a first. Not exactly sure how you got something phallic out of braided hair. Nice try though.

whitey said:

I really wish Sega decided to use a game mechanic like the one used for shinobi III on the ps2 instead of making what is essentially their own version of DMC.

I'm not calling Bayonetta innovation. It clearly isn't. It's simply more of what action game fans want which is a GOOD thing. Add on the fact that it's being developed by a developer I actually trust (Platinum Games = EX Clover Studios, Sega is NOT developing this, thank god) and my interest is sparked.

You could argue that GoW III looks better. I'll agree on the designs of characters and enemies being better. However, as far as the combat goes, GoW's gameplay is too slow to get me as hyped as say DMC's gameplay (DMC2 being the only expection because it sucked). Given the gameplay demo videos released, it's OBVIOUS Bayonetta is a way faster paced game than GoW, so I'm down.

Well that's a start. But then I'm reminded that you like Maxi, so I can't say that redeems your opinion on what constitutes as "lousy character design".
I'm more interested in the play style than Maxi's looks. The addition of fringe and random straps bug me tho.

(Note that I'm not saying the game's bad. Just that it has terribad character design.)
C.Viper penis hair? Lulz, that's certainly a first. Not exactly sure how you got something phallic out of braided hair. Nice try though.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/416083-Umagafan84/83/59/c_viper_display.jpg
You don't see it? Really?

lol I wasn't going to use it for polygons, but whatever. Game looks pretty cool, I'll Gamefly it at least.

Does this mean no patch as well? Or just no additional characters and such? I can honestly live without Dampierre, as dapper as that mustache is, but I can't take this game seriously anymore without a patch.

Bayonetta looks pretty sweet. Im a big NG and DMC fan. Ill get it fo sho!!

Anyone else like the project natal stuff. Im pretty stoked!! Cool technology that will change a lot IMO

Lulz, I'm really just ODing on the hype train.

However, I do trust Platinum Games (considering they are essentially Clover Studios) so I have no doubt in my mind Bayonetta is going to be good (at the very least).

MadWorld was good and when Demon Blade: Muramasa (VanillaWare FTW) finally gets released I'll get around to getting a Wii with those two games, along with No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 (when it gets released).

Bayonetta looks pretty sweet. Im a big NG and DMC fan. Ill get it fo sho!!

Anyone else like the project natal stuff. Im pretty stoked!! Cool technology that will change a lot IMO

However, I do trust Platinum Games (considering they are essentially Clover Studios) so I have no doubt in my mind Bayonetta is going to be good (at the very least).

Does nobody realize that the person that made DMC, Hideki Kamiya (had to look up the name..lol..), is the same person making Bayonetta? So of course it will be just as good as a DMC game and honestly will be 4.5. lol. But thats a good thing.

I mean... NG Black was probably, imo, the best game of its genre made so far. So to say this game is on par with something like that would be awesome. And If this game is as good as NG2's fighting but without all the glitches it will be a fun game. Hell, the only thing that fucked with Ninja Gaiden 2 was the lack of story (as the whole genre is guilty of) and the fact that there were a LOT of glitiches in the game (and the AI was lackluster compared with NG black.. higher difficulty only meant more projectile spam).

I'd love to see unique cool enemy designs but that comes after gameplay. And I love me some GoW boss cutscene interactive kills... Something I wished was in Ninja Gaiden games more than just the finisher system in the new one.

(and the AI was lackluster compared with NG black.. higher difficulty only meant more projectile spam).

Yeah I'm not sure if Team Ninja is ever gonna learn that off screen projectiles aren't challenging OR fun, they're just annoying and an example of poor game design.

As far as the original DMC creator teaming up with Clover Studios members to make this, it'd take about that much to get me to play ANY game starring some half naked polygon nerdgasm titwitch in it. I'm willing to overlook this since the game looks so dope, but I know there's gonna be times where I'm just gonna have to shake my head and say to the devs "Come on man, just go outside once in a while, will you?"

As far as the original DMC creator teaming up with Clover Studios members to make this, it'd take about that much to get me to play ANY game starring some half naked polygon nerdgasm titwitch in it. I'm willing to overlook this since the game looks so dope, but I know there's gonna be times where I'm just gonna have to shake my head and say to the devs "Come on man, just go outside once in a while, will you?"

And this is the ONLY reason I'm hype for this game. When I ever get excited for a game, I put developer over concept. The concept of the game is nothing spectacular but the company behind it knows how to make a good game. So I'm hype. Every Clover Studio game I've played I've enjoyed (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and even GodHand). GodHand wasn't even that well received by critics. Granted, the reasons they didn't like the game (outside of the dull graphics) were silly (the difficulty). It's not as if Bayonetta is a complete "serious business" game. I'm pretty sure if you could put up DMC3's pretty boy bare chested Dante's extremely chessy lines, you can easily put up with Bayonetta. She has boobs. Dante doesn't.

DMC3's Dante was fucking annoying. Game was still good though.

Dunno when they mentioned this but...last night I was on the xbl dashboard and saw that Perfect Dark (N64) is coming to XBL Arcade ^_^ I looked around and apparently they showed it at E3. Not much was told about it tho...They just saw it running at 1080p with better graphics. I hope its online MP. I would gladly spend 1200-1600 ms points for it.

Back