Evo 2010

only a 14 hour busride and 200$ to get there and back. Yeah I might make an appearence if its there. Comon Evo If you give SC a chance You will be suprised.

The fuck is SSF4 ladies night?!? how is that even validated as a main event?!? I'm literally offended if thats for real.

where's a posting? I cant find it. Nerd Rage! Nerd Rage!

Confirmed games:

SSF4
T6
SSF4 Ladies Night
SSF2 HD Remix
BB
TVC

WTF

TVC? That Wii game?
SSF4 girl's tourney?
Last one chosen by SRK assholes? They only play 2d ...

WTF

I thought for sure SCIV was in, with naive hope for SSBM with their 350 entrants with many internationals at one of their recent national tourneys.

SSF4 Ladies is the Femme Fatale tournament where only ladies can enter. I'm skeptical at how well that tournament will do. Chicks barely go to tournaments as it is and compete, so why would they do so at EVO to be gawked at by thousands of gamers who don't shower? We'll see how it does. Should make for some good entertainment.

But seriously, there was no chance in hell that SC4 was going to make it into EVO. It's not the end of the world though.

I guess you guys could vote for it, but shit like 3rd Strike and MVC2 will beat out SC4. Plus I am not playing in such a tournament because if they wanted it at EVO, they would have put it in EVO, especially over something like BlazBlue, TVC which is on the damn Wii, or fucking Ladies Night.

It would have been nice to see SC4 at EVO again, but whatever. If Idle gets a penthouse, a tourney can be ran from there which will probably end up being more fun anyway along with being able to record matches and whatnot. So get behind that.

I know some of you guys are bummed or like SC4 is dead, but we need to support our own tournaments first. You can't expect EVO to put SC4 in a tournament when only one region still holds tournaments for it and nowhere else gets a turnout.

Well if it doesnt work I'm still going to evo to get pwned in other games for amusement but it'd still be great to see you guys there. We should really form an 8wayrun.com tournament. there's no reason not to host a simultaneous tournament. We have a lot of game stores here that do SSBB and other competitions so anyone going with a real sway on this community could arrange it near evo (obv not on the exact times...day earlier or after).

If anyone is willing to do this I'm a vegas local and will help out with finding a place. I'm hell bent on showing my offline improvement since my debut (my sad sad debut) last Evo. The second someone has a link to the vote post it and bother jaxel to advertise it like crazy on the main page. SC4 deserves one final tournament before the game is dead.

How do you vote? Someone should post a link up.

It will probably be a week or two before the voting starts once they get around setting it up.

The final nail in the coffin for SC4?

Not really. We're still playing Calibur over here on the east coast. Most places it's been done for a long time. But personally, I feel that our community should not revolve around whether SC is at EVO or not because all EVO is going to do is hop on it when the game is new and then drop it for something else the next. Someone told me that way back when I first started playing this game competitively and that's exactly what happened.

I never thought that they would do tournaments for TVC or for ladies who suck at SF. Everything else was pretty much guaranteed to be there so that was a big surprise. Oh well.

If SC4 was there, I would have been guaranteed to go. But now, I need some things to fall into place before confirming and depending on how many over here are still going to go. I may just skip it but it depends on what my money is looking like.

As for me, I still have more fun playing Calibur than any other fighting game. SF4 is okay but not great. T6 is ass. BB is super ass. I'm still shocked that it's at EVO. And TVC is on the Wii. I'm not buying a Wii, the game, and a stick for it. So I will be riding out with SC4 until SC5 comes out. I hope that more people find their way back to Calibur because it's a really good game.

Anyway, that concludes my EVO 2010 talk. I'll holla.

I'm already booked for EVO cause I'm cool like that, and we can certainly run a side tournament.

I would be more than willing to help out with this if there is interest.

Everyone needs to makes sure if they don't have an account at SRK now, they need to create one right away.

When they have the poll up to select the Seventh Game, they'll set it to where no one can simply create extra accounts and vote for their game.

So be sure to vote SC4!

If Calibur is a choice, I'll surely vote for it. I got a few issues though:

1. Games like MVC2 and 3S will get more votes. More people play those games than Calibur. So with the decision left up to fan voting, SC4 will certainly lose.

2. Who wants to play in a tournament that's dependent on votes to actually be included? I know EVO is in Vegas and all, but why not support a tournament that wants us there such as GAMME? I barely see support for it, especially when there's $2000 guaranteed. What's wrong with this picture?

Or you have the option of supporting Devastation in AZ. If people show up, that also could and should be a hot tournament. So if you can make that, show your support.

I'm not hyped to go now after being beaten by games like nasty ass BlazBlue, TVC which doesn't even have a scene yet, and SSF4 Ladies Night when no one even knows how many ladies will show up or actually purchase the damn game when it comes out in April, spend the money to go to to Vegas, and enter in a tournament where they will be gawked and showcased infront of thousands of nerds and expect to do well. We'll see though. It will probably be filled mostly by people's girlfriends really.

3. If we have to put a consorted effort in having SC4 voted in, then we might as well just run our own damn tournament. I was for just running a tournament in the hotel out of people's rooms, but it would be better to just support GAMME in my opinion.

4. I would love to SC4 back at EVO, but I don't see what's the point when most regions don't play Calibur or have quit the game already for something else. People need to get back into playing Calibur competitively first before trying to get it back into EVO.

But once the voting starts, go ahead and vote for Calibur because it's still better than anything else that would get picked. Fuck those other games. Real talk.

big difference between EVO and GAMME... one of them is in a neighbor state from me.

also, weeaboos suck

GAMME in Florida, not Cannes.

And yeah Malice has a good point, I think we should hype GAMME up more.

Back