Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Be right back, I'm going to go have a messy break-up with the move list.
It's not so bad, it's the only move for any character that is wrong that I've seen! By the way, the search function or reading previous posts is a good habit. You are the fifth one to ask that same question in this thread alone, and the answer is in two other threads in this Soul Arena at the least.

You can just mash R1. It always works for me.
That would be because R1 = A+B. It counts as A in this case since that is the only input possibly allowed in that situation.

In a match against a semi-competent opponent, I can usually land at least one C4A over the course of the match, but holding two charges isn't really feasible. It's pretty obvious when all you do is kick, so they tend to start a really heavy offense when they notice. But a C4A can be a good bit more subtle, and being i37 it's astoundingly fast. The only C4B I've landed was against a friend who had only fought my Hilde, and wasn't even aware she had unblockables. Since then, he usually knows whats up if I'm not using my spear. It's rather easy to step on reaction, too =\

I'd certainly put C4A up as one of the better unblockables in the game, even with it's charge time.

It's not so bad, it's the only move for any character that is wrong that I've seen! By the way, the search function or reading previous posts is a good habit. You are the fifth one to ask that same question in this thread alone, and the answer is in two other threads in this Soul Arena at the least.

Could have sworn I'd already read through this topic - it's usually the first thing I do when visiting a character forum. Then again, it was 3 in the morning. Ah well.

Yes - I had a match against a Hilde once where partway through I noticed they were only using kicks and As. c4B is sadly quite easy to avoid if you know she can do it. c4A doesn't lock up your ranged game and is wicked fast, much better option.

I find her unblockables give very little advance warning compared to some other characters unblockables. A lot of players freeze when they see the unblockable then try to move at last moment causing the hit to become a step counter.

Against the unwary C4A will connect quite easily and cause a knockdown. I'll usually release C4B straight after in case they Ukemi. Can sometimes get away with using it at range when you have player doing moves at range with the likes of Raph, Sieg and NM. Sidestep/backstep and release, i love it. :D :sc4hil1:

I usually start charging this up after A+G, during the animation and then start retreating a bit, so far I have been able to connect it like 5 times online.

yo i want hilde to be my fourth secondary, i fail in love with the juicy lips hehehehehe, anyway how should i set my controller.

It's not mandatory, but many players like to move A and B to LB and RB (L1 an L2 on PS3) for easier charging.
There's a topic on this board somewhere with some discussion about it.

yo i want hilde to be my fourth secondary, i fail in love with the juicy lips hehehehehe, anyway how should i set my controller.
Honestly, it depends on you. I am completely fine with the way the controller is set up. Try out her moves and some mixups with the current options and then see if you like it, if not, you can always change it X3

What if you use C2A to stun the opponent and then release C4B?

Haha i'll be trying this one later,i'm guessing button mashers will get out of it due to the range and wind up of C4B but instinctively some players my stand there holding block.

Shame you can't turn Hilde faster after C2B, being able to nail someone in the air with C4A would be priceless. :sc4hil1:

Haha i'll be trying this one later,i'm guessing button mashers will get out of it due to the range and wind up of C4B but instinctively some players my stand there holding block.

Shame you can't turn Hilde faster after C2B, being able to nail someone in the air with C4A would be priceless. :sc4hil1:
I have a pretty neat tech trap with C2A, actually I have never fail that tech trap, basically u do C2A then as fast as possible u do C3B, for quite a lot of damage, the C3B can be block, but usually after going of the stun of C2A people tend to move, crouch or attack.

That's a frame trap, not a tech trap.
Tech trap would be C2A-> CE, and then you CE them again as they Ukemi.

A tech trap is when you use a move on an opponent who is grounded that will give the properties it has on NH to a standing opponent should they ukemi, for example: Alpha Patroklos JF twister on hit. Delayed 2A, CE. will catch ukemi, or tech, thus it is a tech trap.

A tech trap is when you use a move on an opponent who is grounded that will give the properties it has on NH to a standing opponent should they ukemi, for example: Alpha Patroklos JF twister on hit. Delayed 2A, CE. will catch ukemi, or tech, thus it is a tech trap.

You are right Runis, C2A doesn't know down, my bad, it was C1A, got totally confused.

Edited to remove trollolololol

- Runis

You can pull a C2B G B+K and while there getting up giving the old C4A think that hits around 3/4 of their health if off of 22_88B

Yet another question that's been asked and answered several times in this thread alone...The lack of patience for reading is astounding, and rather sad.

Back