Hilde's Tier w/o Combo?

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
We all know she's S-Tier. But what if she didn't have the Doom Combos? Thinkin about maybe learning her, but out of respect not using the combo (unless it's a money/tourny match...then Sirlin logic "play to win" comes in).

I've never seen a Hilde that fights without turtling for the combo, so I'm curious how to even play her or if she's viable. I already got Rock for a fun low tier.

what is considered the doom combo. Is C3A C2BB C2AA still allowed? Because if you can still do that she's still pretty good. If you are just gonna stop chaining charge attacks then she is a lot worse I would think. She still gets good frames on the charges which makes here not terrible i guess, but you kinda lose all the threat of big damage.

It's not even the combo that is what I consider makes her over the top. It's button binding. Consider Hilde the way she's usually played in the US. You'd be able to land nearly free throws on her all day.

Granted, she'd still be ridiculously good because one right guess on her part would usually mean her winning, but removing the ability to utilise binds in this way would go a long way towards making her easier to deal with. Not to mention way more interesting to watch.

I'm not advocating banning binds, but I really believe that this character shouldn't really be played with them. What I would like to see is Namco change the command interpreter so that binds count towards a single internal button. So for example if you held a A charge using a bind, pressing A would not count as you having pressed A. You would have to release the bind before pressing A. This would also hopefully fix the problem of using binds to JF tech.

It's never been the Doom Combo for me. Ring positioning isn't that hard.

It's the frames and evasiveness and push back of her charges.

It's not even the combo that is what I consider makes her over the top. It's button binding. Consider Hilde the way she's usually played in the US. You'd be able to land nearly free throws on her all day.

Granted, she'd still be ridiculously good because one right guess on her part would usually mean her winning, but removing the ability to utilise binds in this way would go a long way towards making her easier to deal with. Not to mention way more interesting to watch.

I'm not advocating banning binds, but I really believe that this character shouldn't really be played with them. What I would like to see is Namco change the command interpreter so that binds count towards a single internal button. So for example if you held a A charge using a bind, pressing A would not count as you having pressed A. You would have to release the bind before pressing A. This would also hopefully fix the problem of using binds to JF tech.

I don't understand. What will change if bind is not allowed ?
Hilde don't use any A or B while holding them because she don't want to lost C3A or C3B.
She will use 7K or 3K most of the time, with or whithout bind. Or duck and then FC C3BBA.
For throws, no need to press anything to unthrow. Negative edge works well.

Agree about JF tech.

Removing binds change nothing. This has been checked and confirmed by Kingusha. Its not even hard. Free throws? you must be really slow with your escapes.

Limiting her to closed stages also doesnt change much. The "problem" with Hilde is that she, being already broken beyond imagination, also got a doom combo and that blinded a lot of people.

Try break a few command throws on reaction then. See how that works for you.

The biggest difference actually comes with Hilde having to actively commit to managing her charges. As opposed to having them ready ALL THE TIME. If you can get inside the mind of the a Hilde player who has to do this the match suddenly becomes way easier.

Think of it this way, without binds, a Hilde player has to think, "do I need to have easy access to any of my A moves or would I rather have an A charge going." Without binds, Hilde has to dump the charge by pressing G or doing another move and releasing A before using any of her non-charge moves using the A button. With binds, Hilde doesn't have to think about this AT ALL.

Hilde is still broken without combo, it changes NOTHING. It's just a question of practice, you can still break throws. The doom combo is still there, so is the brokeness. She is just as unskill as it was before... and just as broken... and I do talk from experience since I have in my area one of the few Hilde that plays with a stick without button binding.

I'm just saying it's what makes her over the top.

I'd be willing to put her at S tier without binds as opposed to being broken. No worse than Amy or Voldo. And highly beatable. I'm also sure that with you playing a non-binding Hilde that it's waaaay more interesting than playing one that does.

My opinion on her would also be the same as Yuan's if they remove the combo and change the way binds work. A tier.

I actually wrote a pretty long post. Then it came upon me that.... words won't change anything. The doom combo is too impressionable. I shall go to Cannes to try and prove my points. I will try. Even if I am wrong. Its okay. I will try to bring in a new perspective. Just give me a chance.

PS: I pretty much disagree with how most of the world plays her, and against her. lol

peace and love,
Yuan

I still don't understand about the bind.
Hilde as two options:
1. Hold A & B, use K, and kill you with one move.
2. Use A, B and K.
With or without bind Hilde will always use option 1...
So, where is the difference ? Are you suddenly going to use 2A, A+B, 4B+K, 2A+K,... because you use bind or because you don't ?
C3A is so much better than all her other A move, and same with C3B so...
I can't say for command throws.
You are probably right, it should hardest to unthrow them with negative edge rather than with another A or B.
But it's still possible.
And any throw attent against Hilde are still dangerous cause you can die because you try to throw (with or whitout bind)...

I agree with you Belial. Hilde's Doom Combo is so strong that most of the people don't event take care about her other moves and property.
2A+K for exemple will be a broken move for most of the cast, but not for Hilde because she has so much better.
Lots of very good lows, most of her great moves are safe, very good throws, a broken step, and so much more.

Fastest stepper, C3A aGI, 7K godliness, +frames on block (you said doom combo right, not the individual parts of the combo itself)...

Still pretty up there. I'd say B+ or A, somewhat below Amy.

i think you're kinda understating what binding does for hilde. i think a good hilde is still gonna wanna use her other attacks to some degree. Throwing out a 1B or something can be pretty useful. You get space which is what hilde wants. And on top of that, having your B uncharged isn't such a bad idea, cause it opens up your C3A C2BB C2AA combo, which is still pretty awesome. You also get to throw as hilde without having to hold guard, release charge, then throw, which even if you are super fast, its gonna take a few more frames to do on the fly. Overall, Hilde would still be solid without binds, but not having the binds is gonna bring her down at least a little bit (or make her more mistake prone like Setsu or Cervy).

Please understand that you try to deal with broken character by making it harder to master. You think you're straying the right way? I wouldnt feel any better losing to that bullshit b/c the other guy has to break throws the hard way.

Back