Honesty: How hard is it being a Mina player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about Kilik and I honestly can't think of a single thing he can do that mina can do better....or as good.......or close to as good o_o.....

Ruiner

Then you should check this post again. =)
I get very hard every time I use Mi-na. That doesn't happen when I use Kilik (Unless it's my CAS).

Aside from the fact that Mina's hot and Kilik isn't, she also has more range (FC1B). And a bigger Soul Gauge damage output.

I get hot with Mina too. It's good that I don't like her design as much as the previous one. The SC3 design was just not healthy for me.

Early on (a month or two after SCIV release, I believe) I was playing Mi-Na, and I got called a long-range spammer for doing my job.

Don't doubt it, homie. Where there's a will, there's a way. :|

Well the first thing they should do is bring back 2A from standing. That's one of the most annoying things, replaced by some garbage low that no one needs. You've already got 1A for that, or 1_3A+B if you want an actually good low.

Also, her 3B was born retarded. It doesn't even make sense, it should be a launcher and ducking a launcher means you get launched. Even CH 3B doesn't often launch.. dumb. They should balance it like everyone elses.

66A should get more horizontal tracking, too. I hate it when Namco gives you like, half of a tool. 66A fits in a lot of nice places with that tech crouch and quick attack. It doesn't lead to a combo so it's not too devastating, just a solid tool - EXCEPT - they made it weirdly steppable to one side. Pointless.. it's like it's just there to frustrate mina players for correctly predicting their opponent would step and appropriately using a horizontal attack to counter it.

That said, she's still pretty fun to play and probably more viable than people know yet. It's nice to harass some people from across the screen with FC 1B's and other stuff. CH AAB has a familiar xianghua/tekken mishima feel to it for extra damage on hit confirm.

2A is a good low. It's safe, and at tip it gives so much adv a 6B followup will interrupt Sophie's 236B, i like it.
You gotta know how to use it. Great autoGI setup as well. I do miss the old 2A though.

Also, her 3B was born retarded. It doesn't even make sense, it should be a launcher and ducking a launcher means you get launched. Even CH 3B doesn't often launch.. dumb. They should balance it like everyone elses.

Raph (and yun's) 3B no launch too. What do they have in common ?

Yeah, 3B isn't even safe, dunno why you would really ever use the attack when your opponent is right up on you. At the very least, use WS B. That version's safe, IIRC.

Wish I had some pointers for you Khent, but I lost my passion for SC4 when they changed Mina for the worst. Back in SC3 I was able to adapt despite the stuff they did to Nights, cause I still had Mina to fall back on. But then they changed the inputs and properties AGAIN so much that to me, it became more trouble than it was worth.

It's nice to know however that some still enjoys playing her. I salute you, sir.

Wish I had some pointers for you Khent, but I lost my passion for SC4 when they changed Mina for the worst. Back in SC3 I was able to adapt despite the stuff they did to Nights, cause I still had Mina to fall back on. But then they changed the inputs and properties AGAIN so much that to me, it became more trouble than it was worth.

It's nice to know however that some still enjoys playing her. I salute you, sir.
At least Nighty isn't garbage in this game.

Was kind of hoping this place would slink away from the tier lists a little bit...

Its the forum for one of the admittedly worse characters in the game. Of course there'll be some QQ. Lord knows I'm guilty of it, lol.

SUPER MOD NOTICE THINGIE:Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a feeling that this thread will get out of hand. Please keep things civil, or I'll lock this thing (And any offspring it might create).

I think you're being a bit paranoid. But let's just get it out of the way first anyway:

Mina sucks yadda yadda unsafe blah blah slow blah blah useless moves QQ QQ QQ 6AK unsafe on HIT for crouchers waaa waaa waaa tip range dependency emo moar disadvantage on hit etc. etc. etc.

Okay I'm done.

Nightmare sucks yadda yadda unsafe blah blah slow blah blah useless moves QQ QQ QQ 2A kills all stance waaa waaa waaa tip range dependency emo moar disadvantage on hit etc. etc. etc.

Ahh nostalgia...

Kilik is broken yadda yadda FoTD RO WTF? blah blah Asura should be banned blah blah Omg 2A QQ QQ QQ 22AAA OMG waaa waaa waaa BBBBBBBBBBBBBB emo moar BAN PLZ etc. etc. etc.

As you can see, people on the other end of the tier list have their problems too. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back