Is Voldo Top Tier?

That's funny, I was just talking to link in javachat the other day. He told me that she can win, but isn't top tier and gets considerably worse against players who actually take the time to study her. I realize this is true with all characters, but it's especially true with Ivy. I don't think people realize how unsafe she is, and they fall for stupid gimmicks. I can't even believe how many people STILL don't shake the SE unblockable for example.

Cervantes is solid too, but I don't think he's top tier like Hilde, Voldo, or Amy.
Ivy isn't as unsafe as people are making her out to be. Again, she's one of the few chars w/all the tools she needs to win. Obiviously, yes, people should be shaking out of the SE unblockable but she's super solid. And in person, we talked about Ivy for quite a while, so not sure why he would say that on flash chat haha

Nori, Voldo is, hands down, one of the best chars in the game.

I don't want to say anyone is or isn't #1, #2, or what have you, just know that he is very, VERY good.

Few weaknesses, a ton of strengths.

I'm not commenting on any other chars as that is not the point of this thread but I will say, with all confidence, Voldo is mad-crazy-good.

Nori ... I said she was top, no question. Pre-patch. With 1.03, I constantly waver where she should be, and I said as much to you.

Please keep my name from appearing in your posts in the future.

Thanks.

Nori ... I said she was top, no question. Pre-patch. With 1.03, I constantly waver where she should be, and I said as much to you.

Please keep my name from appearing in your posts in the future.

Thanks.

Oh damn, Linkrkc "Name Drop Usage Agreement" violation smackdown!

Oh damn, Linkrkc "Name Drop Usage Agreement" violation smackdown!
haha I guess so. Whatever, doesn't matter. Point being, Ivy in the right hands is very very good. But overall, playing w/Voldo more and more, he seems to be REALLY solid. I can't believe I'm out of SC for 2 months and I come back and Voldo is top tier haha

EDIT: So after talking in PM, I took what he told me in person out of context. So we have different opinions, which is fine, I think she's top and I'm not sure what Link thinks.

Manta: Yeah, I remember BEFORE the patch everybody talking about how bad ass he was. From what I understood (at the time) he was nerfed and wasn't anything higher than mid. I'll be sure to PM you for strats sir:)

From what I understood (at the time) he was nerfed and wasn't anything higher than mid.
That's just the standard over reaction, the sky is falling type mentality that usually hits the internet after any patch in any game.

I'd say voldo is probably top tier. He's DEFINITELY no lower than upper mid, no question. Even before reading Jaxel's post I was planning on saying that I feel that Voldo is probably one of the few UN-BROKEN top tier characters. Yes, he's evasive and overall awesome but he doesn't have anything explicitely and spammably broken. (Hilde's BS ring out combos are horribly broken and Kilik's Asura is arguably broken.)

I don't know enough about Ivy to comment on her, but I finally CAN comment on Hilde after running into quite a few Hilde players in the last few tournies I was at.

Hilde is Top Tier. There is no contesting this. And this is coming from someone who two months ago didn't see what was so broken about her and thought she was mid tier.

The ability to bind buttons and charge both charges at every possible moment is bad (pretty much all of the charge moves put her at some sort of advantage on block), but it wouldn't amount to as much if the RO combo wasn't so ridiculously broken. The charge relaunch shouldn't exist as well, but the WORST part is that the final hit of the RO combo knocks you a mile away and GLITCHES YOU OUT OF THE RING even when you've clearly landed in a spot where you SHOULD stay in the ring.

After my new Hilde experiences, I can say without a doubt that the ONLY way you could think Hilde isn't top tier is if you have no remotely decent Hilde players around you or if you main Asta.

Back