It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion]

Is Astaroth cheap?

Despite my limited experience with Asty, I was able to use about 4-5 of his best moves and beat Arcade Mode twice without dying. This wasn't true for other new characters I tried out, even good ones like Sophitia and Cervantes. How cheap is Astaroth exactly? Is he one of those "beginner" characters like Mitsurugi that lets you use him really effectively even if you're new to the character/the game? (Note that, what I think you do have to know beforehand is to keep Astaroth at long range, and to even use his special throws sparingly.)

Is Astaroth cheap?

He's really good for bullshitting the computer, but he's not cheap against real people.

Is Astaroth cheap?

Naa just need to learn the weakness of the knee Because 99% of asta's knee every other move. Grabbing usually catches it but thats only if neither of you have a frame advantage cause too early he'll duck to late and he'll hit you with it.

Also you'll need to beware the bull rush but I don't really know of anything that could null it speaking in general of chars.

Is Astaroth cheap?

Let's go ahead and get rid of the word "cheap" in your vocabulary besides when you're shopping at Dollar General...
Every character has their own advantages and disadvantages. The computer AI is completely retarded and is more random than anything... don't base any ideas you have about a character by how the computer does vs. you when you use them.

Is Astaroth cheap?

Is Chuck Norris the king of roundhouse kicks? I rest my case.

No, seriously, Super_Villain is right... experience with a character can be greatly impacted when versing other people either online or offline, seeing what moves are safe or unsafe against certain characters and prioritizing them in needed situations. For example, I have great experience fighting Taki but lousy experience fighting Algol (damn bubbles nearly blind me to death XS).

Is Astaroth cheap?

Well, Villain and Instigator wins this thread. Astaroth is not cheap, unless there is a glitch that gives him an obvious advantage against every other character, especially his bad matchup against Algol.

Cleanup time.....

It's Hammer Time! [Astaroth General Discussion

ok guys i found this using X against Kilik but sure it will work with Asta too. during the first part of asura you can actually crouch throw Kilik right out of the move. the input is crouch throw but the throw comes out as a back throw. kinda hard to predict when he will asura but this works none the less. good luck

what do mean by this? after you block or before he hits you, you grab?

asta can beat asura 2 ways... the easy way is do A+G... u will get an air grab... or the harder way is doing bullrush in between the auto-GI frames and the first hit frame... the second one is risky and not recommended but if i'm facing a dumb asura whore i'll pull the second one to make him mad... lol... btw asta is pretty cheap in sc3 arcade version... 15 frame 66B > 2B+G = 50% ...that's broken

asta can beat asura 2 ways... the easy way is do A+G... u will get an air grab... or the harder way is doing bullrush in between the auto-GI frames and the first hit frame... the second one is risky and not recommended but if i'm facing a dumb asura whore i'll pull the second one to make him mad... lol... btw asta is pretty cheap in sc3 arcade version... 15 frame 66B > 2B+G = 50% ...that's broken

i dnt play asty but im sure A+G on an airborne opponennet never gets an air grab. Dnt u mean 28B+G? Tbh that seems kinda risky cause what if they dnt use asura?

I think u can GI the 2nd hit if blocked and if they do the last hit its pretty bad on block anyway

First of all, of course A+G catches an opponent in the air.
Then again Asura is no problem at all, cause no Kilik in this world is gonna spam Asura against Asta, since Bullrush cant be GIed with Asura.

Asura does not catch bodyattacks and Bullrush, 6K and 4B are all bodyattacks. Asta vs. Kilik is a pretty even Matchup, you dont have to fear Asura much.

First of all, of course A+G catches an opponent in the air.
Then again Asura is no problem at all, cause no Kilik in this world is gonna spam Asura against Asta, since Bullrush cant be GIed with Asura.

Asura does not catch bodyattacks and Bullrush, 6K and 4B are all bodyattacks. Asta vs. Kilik is a pretty even Matchup, you dont have to fear Asura much.

oh crap srry retard moment :D

Guys, a bit of topic change but any of you Asta player got their hands on Broken Destiny yet?

Should have it tomorrow morning. Sadly coming off a late shift so not likely to sink much time into but will see if anything obvious comes up.

Got it, only put a little bit of time into playing, but can't see any major changes yet.

His CF move is a big mid that crumples for 40 damage. Pushback and forces crouch on block. Looking into it more.

What do you guys use to punish moves that are -22~-24 but has some pushback? 1)Bullrush 2)B+K 3)22AA 4)AB 5)66B ?

What are good setups to do after B+K and 3A+B hit ? I don't use these moves but I want to try to.

B+K is a strange situation because you are + a ton on them, but you aren't as close as you might like to be. If the other character is in range you can opt for a throw (since they are BT it back throws or side throws if they dont duck), but not all characters are in throw range after B+K. You can try and start charging 4[A+B] to play chicken, but a lot of people dont respect the advantage you have after B+K and just attack you. Your mid options at that range are also fairly weak and you're probably stuck with bullrush. 3A+B on NH just knocks down, you dont get anything but possibly wake up. On CH I prefer to mix different 44 charge times because opponent recovers so late there arent a lot of step opportunities before the UB comes out.

Unfortunately asta's big damage on NH is very slow and this sort of punish opportunity illustrates it. If you can get out a 44A fast enough then you'll get ok damage, knockdown and a strong rightward push for RO. Otherwise the moves you listed besides 22A(doesnt have much range and isnt that worthwhile over all) are decent choices for their own reasons. You can bullrush to press opponent forward (towards wall/edge) and get oki, B+K to switch sides and get the standing BT mix-up, AB to space opponent out and 66B if you want more damage.

Hey guys, just got back into soul calibur recently and was looking for where i can find high level guides for characters(teaching about good pokes and stuff).

Back