Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

From some testing-

CH 3A+B (full charge), 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w!, 2B+K, 2B+K - 224 dmg.
CH 3A+B (full charge), 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w!, 8A+B,(B) - 224 dmg.

I had some slight variations what with it going up to 225 and all (one time I got both up to 230 and 229 respectively) but for the most part they seem to do the same damage and 2B+K x2 is a lot easier. 8A+B,(B) looks cooler though.

Dash into FC1B doesn't work unless there are some specific conditions met. It doesn't work 90% of the time.

I had no idea iWR A+B,A works after 6B8 BE wallsplat. I just tested and;

CH 2A+B, 6B8 BE w! 7B+K, 6B8 BE w! iWR A+BA, bK is about 172 dmg.

The timing is pretty strict but it maximizes the combo damage. Nice discovery, Violent_Vodka!
I'd posted this forever ago way back when. Must've been overlooked. I also forgot to do the bK. I finished with 2K. :b

Oh, and if they try to tech after WR A+B.A, you can do 8A+B.(B) to pick 'em up and whatnot. I think it catches all.

Ok can someone tell me whether CH 4a~ b+k is a tech trap, I got hit by 3 times today -_-.
Also I have a new Ivy combo.
(Full meter) CH 2a+b 1bBE 6b8BE 66bBE iFC 1b g. 6b8BE, I forgot how much dmg it does, but I like it. Its hot

Is it not possible to land iFC 1(B)B or is iFC 1B somehow more damage due to wonky scaling or something?
It is possible, but (no offense to Smarty) this combo is a waste of meter. 200% for 140 dmg?

CH 2A+B, 6B8 BE w! 7B+K, 6B8 BE w! iWR A+BA, bK is 172 dmg. Uses 100% meter. Damage can reach over 190 pts depending on Clean Hit on 2A+B and 6B8 BE (both Clean Hit rate C)

Are you talking about the normal CH 4A or CH 4[A]?

Edit: Neither of those seem to be a tech trap, sorry.

This is a funny and almost useless Tech trap but: 3{b}~iWR A+B tech trap in all directions but the follow-up is never a counter so it's kinda pointless. It will give you advantage and you can do a CS afterwards for the giggles...

Edit: TROLOLOOLOL. 44B+K, B ~ 44B+K B~44B+K, B~ 44B+K B~ etc etc.

Can only be ukemi'd to the right. Timing is tricky though...

Edit again: I got it to work to the right as well, following up with 44B+K B is impossible so it seems....

Last edit!:

I couldn't find any good tech traps after CH 3(A). I know iWS B+K works (timing isn't easy), 1K is good too but generally the risk is too high and damage is weak so its not worth it.

Back