Ivy Match-ups and Anti-Character strategies

Anyone having any issues vs lizardman?

His low stance mixups always give me trouble, and even in sw it doesn't seem like i have a fast enough move to get him to stand up. 2A doesn't cut it. 4K maybe?

Are you talking about LM's crawl stance? Crawl stance A is steppable on hit, provided you step with 1_9 and not 2_8. You can also jump over him and either bait the mid when he rolls backwards or 2A/SW 3B/whatever else you can find.

Would CL 214B beat out LC stance? It'd be situational, but if it works every time he enters it (And you're not knocked down), then it'd be nice to have.

Would CL 214B beat out LC stance? It'd be situational, but if it works every time he enters it (And you're not knocked down), then it'd be nice to have.

ZDamned: I don't believe 2K is a good choice because he can simply LC B out of it. Now you're on the ground and you have a hungry lizard ready to eat you.

SW or CL is your best bet against LC. If you're in CL, 214B beats all of his options. In SW, 1K beats all of his options. Just don't get scared of LC A and duck...you can't do SW 1K from crouch.

Edit: The only time you want to duck is when you see LC A+K or whatever that low launcher is. You do not want to eat that. I'm not really sure on this, but I think that move is punishable too. Anyhow, unless you're in WP, the odds are in your favor if he's in LC.

No, 2K isnt your best friend because LM can do a TJ move out of crawl. The best thing you can do there (if you are not in CL, where CL 214B beats any LC move) is SW 8B/WP 8gB. Even with LC A on hit 8B/8gB will beat his every next move. Or you can simply SW_CL_WP 214B if you are experienced enough with the new stance shifts.

SW 9B/CL_WP 9gB can miss him in crawl, that's why I wrote about 8B.

No, 2K isnt your best friend because LM can do a TJ move out of crawl. The best thing you can do there (if you are not in CL, where CL 214B beats any LC move) is SW 8B/WP 8gB. Even with LC A on hit 8B/8gB will beat his every next move. Or you can simply SW_CL_WP 214B if you are experienced enough with the new stance shifts.

SW 9B/CL_WP 9gB can miss him in crawl, that's why I wrote about 8B.

Lol can't he GI the SW 8B? I know he can't GI kicks out of LC.

Edit: Also, how do you switch stances after you got hit by something? I thought you could only do it during a move or in blockstun.

Lol can't he GI the SW 8B? I know he can't GI kicks out of LC.

Edit: Also, how do you switch stances after you got hit by something? I thought you could only do it during a move or in blockstun.

Press and hold block, Press and hold the stance change command, release guard and the stance change command in that order as a slide release.

He can aGI 8B, but still I think it's better than getting hit (he can aGI CL 214B as well) SW 1K doesnt work that good against his stance, because LC K will beat SW 1K unless you delay it, but then you delay it you get hit by his other moves...

Also, its sometimes worth to bite for CL/WP 9B :) On hit you get approx 80dmg with SW 214K followup. So if you teach your opp to GI your 8B, you can surprise him with this move.

Ivy Matchup help?

I need help coming up with strategies to beat certain opponents. No matter what i try certain moves just seem really hard for Ivy to deal with even if spammed to a point of predictability

Cervantes:

his A+B, 2A+B, WS A stun combo. can this be shaken and punished?
4B+K. I can Gi this move easy but not online...how the hell do I fight this when I've already blocked it once? It seems I'm at such a low priority after block I can't sidestep or do a lot of moves if it is spammed. This move is easy to block but after I have no idea how to get him off me.

Siegfried:

When he shifts to the stance with his sword behind his back, I can't seem to find a point to punish or CH if he just spams the knee move. Even SW 4B and 1A weren't stopping him and the kicks seem to hit mid so i can't duck.

Ivy Matchup help?

Siegfried:

When he shifts to the stance with his sword behind his back, I can't seem to find a point to punish or CH if he just spams the knee move. Even SW 4B and 1A weren't stopping him and the kicks seem to hit mid so i can't duck.
If he keeps spamming the knee from his stance, the simplest thing to do is, just block it once and interrupt with K (or anything just as fast or faster that can reach him), assuming of course that you play offline.
I'm not sure on that because I rarely fight siegfried players, but if i remember correctly, any i13 move or faster can interrupt his knee on block (someone must check this, I'm not 100% sure about it).

Ivy Matchup help?

I might have just been suffering lag. I attempted numerous times to do 1A and 4B (her quickest attacks, even quicker than k and 2A) and I really couldn't get it to connect first. It was REALLY aggravating. To be honest I have no clue how to beat some of these characters online since it seems theres not even a fairway to fight some spams like this. GIing is out of the question if a !13 isn't even going to hit.

Ivy Matchup help?

Ivy Fanboy: A+B stun is DOS = shakeable
4B+K? priority? erm it's +5 on guard... just GI

Sieg: depending on the move. the stance is SCH and most common moves ending in it are 3~SCH or WS~SCH
after 3B any fast move will interrupt the knee
after WS B .. i dont think anything can be by Ivy to interrupt.
of SCH Sieg has the following options
SCH K - mid. remains in SCH. Next SCH uninterruptible on hit.
SCH KK - mid, high - used to beat those interrupting SCH K on block, safe.
SCH kB - mid, mid - used to beat those crouching to punish SCH KK, unsafe on block, can enter SBH stance from it (the one where he kneels down with a sword). still punishable even if he goes to stance.
SCH B_ - mid, slow, chargable to become GB. semiuseful against those who try to gi.
SCH A - high-mid - used against those who try to 8wr after blocking move ending in SCH, safe.
SCH [A] - high~SSH - just a trick to SCH A, im not sure on the stance it leaves in though...
SCH A+B - high. slow. safe. thrown out in CH 3~SCH A+B combo and at range sometimes. may RO.
6B+K~SRSH a stance with a mid/low mixup, you should see it a lot. against those trying to GI, step, or sit out after blocking.

There are few easy solutions to this, either SSL and block after guarding against 3B or WS B. it wil beat any follow up except 6B+K~SRSH. SCH A first hit will wiff vs SSL and second hit can be guarded if you are quick. If you 8wr SCH A will still hit you.
Another good and easy solution is Ivy's 214B move that's a major pain for most stances. I've never tried this vs Siegfried though.
Try watching this series of vids -
dominicana players are among the best in the world and a lot of good strategies are to be learned from them.

Ivy Matchup help?

I wish i could attempt a Gi...but online...Gi is not dependable. Even with a good connection, a little lag spiking or the ever present packetloss issues seem to ride up and give my opponent 1 big free hit.

So I'm having quite a bit of trouble with Lizardman. More specifically, intelligent Lizardman players. I have trouble blocking 1K consistently, and 66A does a great job of shutting down my keepout game.

Please help!

Anti Lizardman

What character do you use? No one can really help you unless you tell us that much

Anti Lizardman

What character do you use? No one can really help you unless you tell us that much

Not to be a smartass but im guessing hes using ivy......

For me the way i beat lizzy varies on what his tactics are. lets say hes a hardcore crawl stance kind of bastard, my solution most of the time is actually using whip (yeah know huh??) Ivy 4A+B will parry everything minus the funky timing on Lizzy Crawl B. Otherwise if SW is your particular poison with Ivy ( get it haha ) you have to start getting those reaction skills, on block lizzy will always eat a 2A or FC 3B.

As far as lizzy's 1K ( the sweep ) SW 9B will always fish out a counter hit which leads to her crotch stomp.

hope this helps at all

Anti Lizardman

if they crawl i wait for the low sweep and jump over them so there moves are cut down to mids only and they normally leave the crawl

Anti Lizardman

Crawl Stance isn't an issue most of the time...SW 8B or WP/CL 8gB usually beat his options.

I have trouble with his low sweep and his 66A. It really messes up my spacing game.

Anti Lizardman

LM is a tough matchup. There's nothing Ivy can do about his 66A. She can't punish it and can't step it (even with CL 214B_ - it works rarely against 66A) This move is a bit weird because it's -12 but SW 4B doesn't punish it at all, while SW 1A works everytime (both checked near wall) The only "bad" thing about his 66A is that it does not appear to be TC and doesn't hurt SG all that much (IIRC it requires 20x 66A to get a CF)

I use a lot of CL B in this particular matchup. Things like WP 2B/3A/2A or CL 1B,B+K work too.

If you block his 1K, always 4K in CL/WP (6K works too, but if he does 1[K], it will whiff) and WS B in SW.

Back