Ivy Online/Lag Tactics

Do You Thing Ivy Is Cheap

It's people like you that cause complaints (or finger pointing) to sound like if they were ban requests.

Lol i cause complaints because i make a true statement? That's some good logic you got going there for you

Having Ivy as my main, I've gotten the "Ivy is cheap" or "I can't stand playing a good Ivy" etc etc. I think that some people see her incredible range and flashy combos and think that they're better than they actually are. The fact of the matter is that, just like any other character, you should STOP BITCHING AND LEARN HOW TO BLOCK/GI/PUNISH. I've had my fair share of players smack my Ivy down and make me look like a bitch. I personally had a huuuuuuuge problem with Mitsu when I first started playing SCIV. I was highly susceptible to 1A, 2KB, 66BB. I started playing some great Mitsu players online, and don't have nearly as big a problem as I did. So, I would say, as I do to anyone that bitches about Ivy, get better at the game.

read my post again mate "I DONT THINK SHES CHEAP" im no expert (duh) ill say it like i see it. i like upclose fighting so no i dont have much time for ivy, though i do respect those who use her well. if i cant beat an ivy ill just go get mi-na and give ivy several new orifices lol.

I never said you did say she was cheap it was some supporting facts that i was directing towards, such as "She overides everyone's moves," I would like for you to go to the Frame data of Ivy and or show me a video of Ivy overiding everything. Ivy being hard to learn also should not be a factor of why you don't think she is cheap there is always gonna be a group of people who will find something easier to learn than you will.

ok ill admit my argument is flawed, but sometimes it feel like everyones moves overide my mains ive blamed lag for most things so ill add that too. but i wil say that ivy is a skanky old whore with too much make up on, now you cant deny that!

its just one i hate that i think is cheap i think is in her coiled stance its her 214B that side steps like extra fast so annoying
then her 2A+K in her sword stance....

The reason hilde is cheap is simply because 1 mistake anywhere is potential game. All characters no matter how balanced do not have this ability. All Ro's must be within a reasonable range and require fair setups for the absurd ones. It's bad game design is one flaw in a normally very safe zone can turn into a win on one issue. Ro's are designed to be an alternate win and develop spacing and positioning strategies. Hildes negates that intent and makes RO always an issue no matter what. No player should ever have to die over one mistake that wasn't properly staged or the strategy flaw of the loser.

Lol i cause complaints because i make a true statement? That's some good logic you got going there for you

Wait, wait, wait...
Do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe that it is a fact that whenever someone loses to another character, they want it to get banned?

Because it's what you said, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth discussing logic with you or not.

Wait, wait, wait...
Do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe that it is a fact that whenever someone loses to another character, they want it to get banned?

Because it's what you said, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth discussing logic with you or not.

No, what I meant was(if you interpreted right which you didn't) that half the time people want to consider a character "Cheap" and/or offer up a suggestion for ban it's because they most likely played someone who was good with that character and couldn't find a way to beat them (Ex. Hilde and her current situation) if you want to discuss logic we can discuss logic it's no problem

First post on 8WR, and no.... Ivy doesn't come close to cheap. I get bitched at all the time for doing SS/CS to someone online, they consider me an Ivy spammer for doing the throws, and I get a laugh out of it and say "It's hardly spam. It took me months to learn that fluently, I think I should be allowed to put that to good use."

No, what I meant was(if you interpreted right which you didn't) that half the time people want to consider a character "Cheap" and/or offer up a suggestion for ban it's because they most likely played someone who was good with that character and couldn't find a way to beat them (Ex. Hilde and her current situation) if you want to discuss logic we can discuss logic it's no problem

That was so bound to be pointless...
It was obvious that you didn't write what you wanted to say properly, so I'm not sure why I even bothered.

Lol I don't think she's cheap, more like the opposite. I got kicked for her having an "incomparable amount of stuns", which kind of made me laugh because you can shake them.

Well wiped the opening post...

Let me clear a few things though:

• The intent of the post was for the intention of playing online non-ranked matches with a 3-4 person room. occasionally I'll be unfortunate enough to be facing a lag abusing mitsu or cervy. We've all been there and we've all lost to scrubs thinking Cervy's terribly GI-able/CH-able 4B+K is the best move in history. I merely wanted a collection of thoughts to help battle people when lag is creating an unfair advantage that would force you to lose and be put at the back of the line and forced to wait 1 or 2 matches to have another shot. I would like to be able to out "abuse" an online player when faced with a lag abuser so as not avoid this inconvenience and move on to matches where this will not be used. It was never intended for ranked or to be used as a viable tactic.
  • I am a good Ivy. I am not the best. I'll admit I thought I was better than I was since yes...until VERY recently pretty much every Ivy has lost to me spare Woahhzz. However I have found some people from the site which were/are better and my Ivy has been improving a lot and my past strategies have all been abandoned. I will still say I have a very strong Ivy both on and offline and I will challenge anyone. Impending Doom...you in particular need to rematch me. I'm pretty confident in a VERY different turn out.
  • Much thanks to Awestruck for getting me better.

Why dont you just become more proficient in playing Ivy instead of asking how to abuse cheap tricks on a 4 connection?

lol, just 22K 214K over and over again. and if they start ducking, 22B 214K instead. And if they're aggressive, just keep doing 214K over and over and it'll be FUNNY

You're talking to one of the best Ivy players out there...The ONLY Ivy to ever play better than me online is Woahhzz and that was awhile ago, he has yet to see how good I've gotten since then.

Lag happens, and while online isn't really important, sometimes it becomes irritating to have to go to the back of the line when you got 2 legit connections and 1 really bad one scoring cheap wins. I just want to get a consensus on how to abuse lag when others are doing it, if only to even the playing field.

Trust me. Online ruins you.

Manta has kicked the shit out of me ever since I -just- got offline. What works online just REALLY doesn't work offline... no matter how good your opponent is. I've fought Krayzie online, I've beaten Krayzie online, but its a TOTALLY different story on the end result as well as how it gets there offline.

With EVO coming up, unless you can separate your offline play and online play to an acceptable extent, I suggest not playing online at all.

PS. I really should go to Vegas to fight your crew now that I think about it. It's a stone's throw away... o.o;

PS2. To answer your thread, 214B is king of Ivy lag tactics. You need nothing else but BB ~ 214

No one needs to tell me online is horrifically flawed for it's frame delays etc...I think I've covered how uncompetitive it is in numerous rants that are all commonly accepted by all here. But damnit...I play a lot of online since it's my only access to practice (I beat all my friends ridiculously hard in this game that they no longer will play my Ivy).

Since you're in Vegas, why don't you hit up Rayikin? There's a Las Vegas thread in the regional match making forum and he's been holding gatherings like weekly.

Back