Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Ezio build this move was stupidly unsafe, I got launched on block by Pyrrha. I'm not sure about the frames on hit, though.

SC3's WP 3A was much faster (i16) and had this blockstun with pushback on guard with less frame disadvantage. I don't like what they did to this move in SCV. Looks like now we have only high step killers that stun (22_88A, 4A, 6(A) etc.)

In the Ezio build this move was stupidly unsafe, I got launched on block by Pyrrha. I'm not sure about the frames on hit, though.

SC3's WP 3A was much faster (i16) and had this blockstun with pushback on guard with less frame disadvantage. I don't like what they did to this move in SCV. Looks like now we have only high step killers that stun (22_88A, 4A, 6(A) etc.)
Sorry Ring, I was feeling rather Italian =P

Coolness. Thank you, sir. I was sort of hoping that the developers would toss us a bone and make the information available early (kind of like what Virtua Fighter does). Anyway, I'm sure you or someone else (maybe even me) will post that data whenever you can.

Coolness. Thank you, sir. I was sort of hoping that the developers would toss us a bone and make the information available early (kind of like what Virtua Fighter does). Anyway, I'm sure you or someone else (maybe even me) will post that data whenever you can.
Actually, the frame data does not come from Namco. The people behind the FD are top SC players from Europe who are working on the guide. Apparently they had to do the entire data themselves. Namco did not provide any help in this regard.

SC3's WP 3A wasn't useless and it was as you describe (no stun in the US version, -4ish on NH/CH, -15 on block). Having a stun is obviously better than not having a stun, but it's still a far ranged mid step killer. I imagine half the cast will still be unable to punish it at range, and if they get hit and try running up to press their advantage, you have all your quick SW pokes at your disposal.

I was speculating not saying it was/is useless, if the properties are close to what you listed i could see it having use for what i said stopping step to setup a mix. If its as bad as what Ring said i wont touch it with a 10ft pole. The numbers i listed the best of the worst and i really only said the 0 on hit which imo is ok at best since we wouldnt be at disadvantage when trying to use a poke from SW.

Played retail last night .... WTF did they do to summon suffering? Pyrra's B throw deals more damage than that shit and it's EX only : (

Need more time but that was a definite disappointment for me, shit better be unbreakable or something as otherwise there's no excuse.

Also doubt she'll be a hard character in this game. They seemed to have made her more simple, lower damage, and just generally more bleh as a first impression.

Thanks for all your work, Ring.
It's so nice to see all the old school Ivy players here again.

I'm so sad to see [G]7_8_9B stun hop poke is gone
T_T

PS. I still think you're secretly a girl, Ring
:P

Lots of (mostly bad) news from Scud!

- 4A+B has been nerfed, it only aGI's horizontal moves again
- 4K is unsafe
- The third hit of A+B still whiffs, no combo
- Normal CS damage is 75
- 22B BE is not a force block*
- 3B, 6B8 connects only on big characters at close range...

+ 1B BE on block guarantees 6B8K (second hit of 1B BE can be JG/GI)
+ iCS is in the game, unknown damage for now
+ CS has clean hit, 93 dmg
+ SS has clean hit ,81dmg

* can't interrupt/step but you can GI

Sorry for being a scrub, but what's the difference between normal hit and clean hit?
Is clean hit like a counter hit?

no clean hit is from a tekken mechanic.....so in general...some moves do more damage if they hit(normally) like in t6 Anna's f, 1+2 is clean hit.

Yeah, basically clean hit randomly increases damage of some moves.

No one can do iCS yet! Seems like it's really difficult.

Ring, it isnt Consistent?, the Clean hit i mean....weird in Tekken, those moves always hit clean. like moves that spark do more damage....oh well.....also does iCS or normal CS have more range then her CE?

No, clean hit is completely random in SCV. Sometimes it can happen often, and sometimes never. Just pure luck.

I think iCS has the same range as her CE.

IF iCS also has clean hit like normal CS, it's possible that we are talking about 110-120 dmg command throw (well, at least when clean hit occurs).

Watching Kayane's stream archive, Scud vs. Kayane. Looks like 6B8 can be a clean hit now.

Also looks like Leixia is a really tough match up... I mean it really looked like Scud had no idea what to do against her. She just kept moving and stunning and moving and stunning... holy shit.

Were they trying to test stuff out? Because it looked like he was falling into the same traps over and over and over.

Someone sent me a lot of Ivy info from one of the recent pre-launch tournaments. Perhaps you will find something new:

Horizontals
6[A] - Command grab on CH. Relatively safe on block (I think it can be punished only by Pyrrha 236B because of the pushback). Sets up for Ivy's suprisingly good ouki game (more on this below).

3[A] - Don't bother with this move. No pushback, not even good with CH and insanely unsafe.

66[A] - Two-hit (H, M). Relatively safe on block. 2nd hit GI-able, but not interruptible.

Verticals
BB - Frame Advantage on hit. Of course, no hard data on this and I could be mistaken and it ends up only + on CH. But, standard AA could not punish me after hitting BB then B again. Regardless, its a stupidly good move now given its range and decent damage.

[*B]- Decent range, slightly slower startup than BB, hits off the ground, has decent knockback, slightly unsafe. Mid range fast moves can punish this, but it has to have some range to them because of the significant pushblock (Astaroth knee, Pyrrha 236B). A somewhat good spacing tool otherwise.

6[*B]2_8 - Doesn't track as well as SC4 anymore, and the 2nd hit no longer has that weird hitbox (going 2 can still sometimes catch people stepping 8 in SC4). Decent long range poke still though, but avoid in short range. Go for 6B instead (same move as SC4 CL 6B)

22_88 ~BBB - Ivy's whiff punisher. Does around 50-60 damage. Timing on the 5 hit is iffy, have not been able to do it yet. Notably, the 5 hit only requires precise timing between B -- no direction needed.

4B - Same as SC4 Sword 4B. Still her fastest poke.

6B8K - I think it slowed down a little bit (1-3 frames maybe), and damage is definitely toned down. Still a decent move however.

WC 1 B - same as her WP WR BB. Still slow, but good as a whiff throw punish. Leads to 70-80 damage using this and BE 6B8.

7_8_9 B - No more CH properties. Same move otherwise (decent getaway using 7B).

Kicks
bK - Stomp. Damage is definitely toned down. However, it is an amazing ouki move now. Reliably catches all rolls - opponent HAS to get up and block immediately. This sets up a really nice ouki game between this move, throwing and . Great after CH 6[A].

2K - Less range than SC4.

6KB - SC4 SW 1BK. Less damage and slightly less knockback. Still goes into CH command grab if 6K lands as a CH - however, it will not grab if you input K after the B.

44K - Could be just me, but this move feels like it has a lot of priority now. I've seen it beat BB.

Simultaneous Button Commands
A+BA - As noted, third hit whiffs already but it oddly feels safe. Could be the block/hit frames on the second hit, but I haven't been horribly punished on either occasion on this yet.

BT B+K - Same as WR WP A+B. This move is surprisingly better now. Safe and +frames on hit (yes, that's not a typo) with aGI properties still intact. Stay BT-ed after move. You go into BT either using BE 22_88 B or 44[A]6. Think she's picking up a few tips from Voldo or something.

8A+B - Enhanced version of CL 236BB. No more direction glitch. I feel doing the version makes this safe, but I could be wrong. Significant knockback, and crumple stuns on hit. Have not been able to combo into this yet.

7_8_9 B+K - Same as WP 1_2_3 B+K. 2 hits on NH now, with relaunch on CH (doesn't drag the opponent all the way back to you now however). Probably has some combo opportunities somewhere.

Brave Edge
BE 22_88B - Something that hasn't been mentioned about this move - it has a hitbox in front of her even while she's BT-ed. Relatively safe, and sets up for Ivy's somewhat limited but better BT game.

BE 66 B - This move is eh for me. Launches on CH only.

BE 6B8 - Only worth it in combos and anti air. Deals decent damage.

BE 1B - Same as SW 6. As mentioned, guaranteed 6B8 on block. Shakeable stun still however.

BE A+G - Summon Suffering. Move might be toned down in damage, but it still retains its 5 frame throw break. Still a very good option, and serves as an actual mixup now with CS.

Other notes
CS - Yes, its a harder move now. I don't think there's any viable shortcuts in doing the move too. To clarify, its 28284666B+G. I think A+BA is a good move to buffer this into, and maybe 6K. If mastered though, you can get really sneaky with SS and CS, since they no longer require different stances.

Tapping 8 while blocking cancels the jump frames. You have to hold 8 to actually jump. This could be good for Ivy players that try to buffer CS while blocking.

Summary
Definitely a worse character than SC4, but calling her trash tier is way too soon. Very good ouki game, decent verticals, good poking game and potentially godlike throw game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back