Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I hope change before launch​

-SW/WP FC 3B_3,A+B return as NC
-Sw4B BE (Sc4 6{B}) unshakable since it cost meter now.
-bK changed back to either 214K or K2. bK is just akward command for this. Slightly boost the damage and allow it to Combo to 22k.
-Sw 66k as 66k, CL/Wp 66k shouldnt not have replaced that move being that it out classed it IMO.
-Wp 3A have Stun again either the Sc4 Stun or BD stun (even though i hate it, I think it's better then nothing) and Faster Start up.
-66A+B (B+K in SC5) GB returned with advantage, I think with the new command and some of Ivys new moves it could be worth something when blocked.
-CL Wr B(SC5Sw WrB) Retain the safeness and pushh back of Sc4 CL WrB, it doesnt look safe to me.
-4A+B,B NC at the very least on CH and Gi. Return the 4A+B,{B} from Sc2 but with less damage.
-1_2_3B+K/7_8_9 B+K (Sw/Wp 1_2_3 B+K) - Put them Back how they worked in Sc4. Make the Sw version of 3B+k a GB instead of unblockable, that does not show up as a GB until it's to late to duck(no darking of the sky,or lighting effects on Ivy to warn the other player until its active unless it can be cancled).
-Replace Wp 6A,K with 6A,A and make the Third hit SM.

Kaz, CL WS B was never + on block. I don't like what they did to that move in SCV, though.

- I don't care about bK input as long as the low as + frames on normal hit.
- CL 214B - should be slightly more unsafe, but not much since it doesn't force crouch. I think -16-17 should be ok.
- WP 4A+B,B - aGI on every move in the game is ridiculous and so is the fact that second hit is never guaranteed. They clearly have no idea how to balance that move . IMO it should work on one kind of moves (high - vertical or horizontal, mid vertical or horizontal), never whiff on aGI and second B always guaranteed on aGI. DMG - 35-40.

Where is SC4 6K?! Her best punisher for mid range.

I always thought it was but i just checked and your right, but I've framed trapped alot of ppl with this move and Sw3B and 6B. Thats why i thought it gave plus because i usually either CH or Trade. My mistake i guess it has to do with the push back and the low disadvantage.

Ring do you mean both highs and mids, horizontal and Verticals. Right? I figured since they made 1k into 6k thats thy we didnt see 6k, which I wouldnt mind if it still had range but since i hadnt seen the range for my self i didnt judge but i know malek wrote that its less than Sc4. Maybe they could make 6K her standard K? Might be a little to strong. I just dont like kB for her stomp, its very do'ble but just unwanted and unessicary Imo.​

Does Ivy Still Have CS?? i did'nt see it in any of the other videos unless her critical edge is now CS... :S

She does the original CS at the end of this Video. http://youtu.be/q-_wn7zjHJc

But i didnt see any of the french players playing the demo use it once :S
People have trouble using it when playing for the first time because the command is different - 28284666B+G.

Ring do you mean both highs and mids, horizontal and Verticals. Right?
No, I was thinking highs (vertical OR horizontal not both) or mids (also vertical or horizontal, not both)So like:

WP 4A+B aGIs vertical mids only, or horizontal highs only.

The only thing that stops this move from being game breaking in right now is the fact that B followup is never guaranteed. But this is just stupid imo. They should balance it somehow so that it won't be overpowered and utterly useless.

If Namco's objective was to make Ivy more accessible (or at least more of her technical--CS/SS--aspects more accessible), then from what I have seen so far, the developers have succeeded. However, from what I have observed from the French and the Aussie's Ivy play, I'm not sure that the command throws will be useful at all once the novelty of the game has worn off. SS as a Brave Edge attack will probably not be very effective, as that yellow Brave Edge shroud informs the opponent what throw to break, and CS with its SS start up animation (without the yellow shroud) will also let the opponent know what throw to break. My suggestion for the developers: Make CS and SS Brave Edge attacks or make CS and SS command throws without any sort of visual cue to help the opponent as well.

I think that she looks amazing, I'm very excited about that.

Nevertheless... I'm disappointed that it looks as though she only has one new move. I was expecting at least 3 or so...

The BE yellow glow is driving me nuts though. Not only does it look poorly done, yellow is a terrible color, and it makes ss very predictable. Needs to change. Has there been any communication with the devs about this visual effect?

I'm liking the new Ivy. The whip moves flowing from the regular sword form just seems more natural for her to me, and I've been used to the SC2-4 Ivy's just like everyone else. Plus it's really good that she doesn't telegraph her moves by going into different stances, or worry about being two stances away from moves that she needs right away anymore. And I don't mind seeing more Ivy's, either. It's not like she's so easy to use that she's going to be what Mitsurugi and Kilik were online in SC4.

But you guys are absolutely right about CS and SS being telegraphed now and I hope someone can bring this to NB's attention ASAP. They're reducing the damage to her unblockable in the next build already, right?

On a side note, does anyone else think this end quote is extremely out of place for her? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0vOGfEvX-I&feature=player_detailpage#t=393s

I'm liking the new Ivy. The whip moves flowing from the regular sword form just seems more natural for her to me, and I've been used to the SC2-4 Ivy's just like everyone else. Plus it's really good that she doesn't telegraph her moves by going into different stances, or worry about being two stances away from moves that she needs right away anymore. And I don't mind seeing more Ivy's, either. It's not like she's so easy to use that she's going to be what Mitsurugi and Kilik were online in SC4.

But you guys are absolutely right about CS and SS being telegraphed now and I hope someone can bring this to NB's attention ASAP. They're reducing the damage to her unblockable in the next build already, right?

On a side note, does anyone else think this end quote is extremely out of place for her? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0vOGfEvX-I&feature=player_detailpage#t=393s
Yes. The voice sounds strangely deep.

Also speaking of her quotes, does the volume on a lot of her dialogue during the fight sound very low/practically inaudible?

She looks really boring to me right now.

Also, her damage is not that great from what I see with the exception of FC 1B and CS/SS. Almost everything else needs a CH, just like in SC3.

People said the same about iCS and in the end almost no one could react to the white flash even after 3 years so I wouldn't worry much about the BE flash. I'm more interested if SS has the same break window as normal throw, that would be pretty bad.

SS is gonna be more obvious because it has normal throw startup animation =/

She looks really boring to me right now.

Also, her damage is not that great from what I see with the exception of FC 1B and CS/SS. Almost everything else needs a CH, just like in SC3.

I am vacillating on this. Sometimes I think that she looks very boring, and then part of me feels that is the case because all of the players are playing "safely" to win and don't know all of the moves yet. And a few matches I've watched I've thought that she looks like a blast, that she flows very well, and moves quickly. I love the fact that holding the input extends into the whip, but I don't understand why they removed SE, or didn't add in SS and ST to give her some extra flavor.

People have trouble using it when playing for the first time because the command is different - 28284666B+G.

Wow that command seems a bit ridiculous!! (no more stick spinning) :(

Is it possible to buffer the move and not look so obvious what your trying to do?? :)

the command is awkward indeed. I didnt get enough time to pull it off. :( On the positive note, no stick spinning is good and those input make ur char step is actually a great idea. (When u saw Malek do it, it comes straight from step)

Ivy does feel more mobile esp now WP step is the same. Things like SW 6B BE being shakeable on CH needs to be fixed bcos it uses meter now. 3[K] is still awesome bcos it makes ppl duck lol.
I should of tried CL 3B on CH into WP9B+K, tho it didnt seem possible.

No, I was thinking highs (vertical OR horizontal not both) or mids (also vertical or horizontal, not both)So like:

WP 4A+B aGIs vertical mids only, or horizontal highs only.

The only thing that stops this move from being game breaking in right now is the fact that B followup is never guaranteed. But this is just stupid imo. They should balance it somehow so that it won't be overpowered and utterly useless.

I agree it should be fixxed and it should lose to some attacks, though i dont think it should lose to verticals and horizontals or H/M/L it should lose to kicks throw,etc. and NC at least on Ch or Gi it should do 30-35. I also want the unblockable back(at about 25-30 damage) so that whay we can mix up when we get a Gi or if some one get hit by the 4A+B part, so then they would at least have to think should i just block the regular B follow up or is it going to be the {B} unblockable or tech the throw etc.

Also i think that Wp 6B(Wp6B+K SC4) should have better horizontal range on the 2_8 follow up that can only be avoid by quick step,JG,Gi etc. We have alot of new mechanics that can help other players against this move so i see no reason for it be weakend now that there are better options.

The new videos makes me bit happier with her gamplay but I still have a feeling that in her current state Ivy will be figured out rather quickly this time around.

Ivy players! you may be interested in see how 1A+B is safe to Pyrrha´s 236:B at 1:10 and the new move at 1:30 (don´t know if you´ve seen it) now that I´ve played SCV I don´t think by far that Ivy is the best character in the demo.

Ivy players! you may be interested in see how 1A+B is safe to Pyrrha´s 236:B at 1:10 and the new move at 1:30 (don´t know if you´ve seen it) now that I´ve played SCV I don´t think by far that Ivy is the best character in the demo.

Wasn't that move at 1:30 from SC4? Looks like she landed into a crouch after that jumping arc attack (hope they didn't take away that quick jumping B and replace it with this) and just did her rising B combo from SC4 (in whip stance).

Always torn when watching Pyrrha/Ivy matches since I really like them both. Even Pyrrha cried after beating Ivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back