Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

-Rothion went to search for Sophitia, but he couldn't find a way into the roman empire.

"Have you seen my wife? She´s got blonde hair, green eyes, big tits - prances around in semi-transparent gauze. Couldn´t have missed her."

"No, it´s not the first time she´s pranced around Europe."

"Oh, I lost my kid too - a green clown girl with tattered clothes took her awhile back."

"I´m a terrible parent."

"Have you seen my wife? She´s got blonde hair, green eyes, big tits - prances around in semi-transparent gauze. Couldn´t have missed her."

"No, it´s not the first time she´s pranced around Europe."

"Oh, I lost my kid too - a green clown girl with tattered clothes took her awhile back."

"I´m a terrible parent."

Did Rothion call 411 or 911 and got stuck with someone who didn't give a shit about him or probably was a Sophitia fan who got mad when they found out who this guy was and decided to act like a dick towards him.

This means many things 1. Sophitia would have stopped aging if she still survived, 2. Pyrrha will stop aging unless she gets killed, and 3. That means Patroklos is a malfested as well, since he is the youngest sibling. This could make a great twist in SCVI.
U
This does imply that Sophitia might have killed herself or requested someone to kill her if she did not want to have the SE shard still in her body.
This means many things 1. Sophitia would have stopped aging if she still survived, 2. Pyrrha will stop aging unless she gets killed, and 3. That means Patroklos is a malfested as well, since he is the youngest sibling. This could make a great twist in SCVI.

This does imply that Sophitia might have killed herself or requested someone to kill her if she did not want to have the SE shard still in her body.

Someone in the Gamefaqs SCV forums claims that after Siegfried defeated Nightmare, to save her daughter's life Sophitia sacrifice her life by removing the shard of Soul Edge embedded near heart and giving it to her daughter, he says it's mentioned on that Soul Calibur Art book that's everyone here is talking about.

Glad to see everyone enjoying this as much as I'm doing it. It seems Le Bello seems to have "stole" the show, haha. That bastard!

So the book is already translated? Good to know, thanks!
Well, the complete book hasn't been translated (yet). I'm still hoping Sectus will be able to provide more of those great images for me to continue the task, meanwhile it remains a work still in progress.

wait what about taki profile?

Ask, and ye shall receive! Marching Taki with a side order of Li Long, Chie, Natsu and Night Terror!

====
Taki
The best ninja in the Fu-Ma clan and Natsu's teacher.
Having throroughly studied both the forging techniques of the blacksmith group and the demon-sealing techniques of the sealing group, she's the sole member of the Fu-Ma clan to be a veteran in both areas.
She supports her apprentice Natsu with her entire being, and has protected her from several crisis. While she carries the burden of being responsible for the misfortune that befell Natsu's life, she's still determined to do what must be done in the case Natsu turns into a demon. Though neither Natsu's appearance or behavior are of any special concern, the treatment she presents in her decorations appears to be worrying.
Ever since she left on a journey west several months ago in order to confirm rumors about the appearence of Toki, who she was certain was dead, all contact with her has been lost.

What Taki wears includes a devil mask that makes it possible to breath among poisonous fumes, and a red ninja costume for warding off demons. It’s a very combat-oriented equipment, albeit her disciple Natsu doesn’t like it. Despite Taki having explained its utility several times, she doesn’t appear to understand it.
====
Some nifty info, but not as good as Cass imo. So she's out investigating rumors about Toki...? Interesting.

====
Li Long
A nunchaku user from the Ming Empire and Chie's husband. Once served the Ming Emperor.
Has also taught nunchaku techniques to Maxi under the false name Zhang Wu. He and Chie have a son.

Chie
Current leader of the Fu-Ma clan and Natsu's foster mother. She's not a good figher due to her gentle personality, but she has the strongest spiritual power in the village. Daughter of Hachibei and Taki's childhood friend. In her youth she helped a severely injured Li Long, fell in love with him and both conceived a child.
====
A bit simple, unfortunately. There are bios for Toki and Hachibei (who's still alive) in the page, but they are mostly just summaries of stuff that's already known. Well, Long atleast got a relationship upgrade :)

====
Natsu Note: Growing up with the stigma of being "possessed by an evil spirit"
Since Taki had often to leave the village to carry out missions, Natsu was raised as the adopted child of Chie. The gentle Chie was always there to heal Natsu's heart, injured by discrimination. While as a child Natsu was a shy girl, she gradually grew up into a cheerful and lively girl after receiving Taki's teachings.
Now that Natsu has met a "friend" for the first time, Leixia, how has she changed?

Natsu appears to pay attention to the appearance of a girl of her age. Despite being accostumed to the prejudice around her, she still seems to suffer from handling her unruly hair every morning.
====

====
Night Terror
"Cathastrophe" personified, existing in the Astral Chaos.
It doesn't possess a consciousness nor mind, only flies about completely obliterating the soul of anyone who cross its path. Its power is inconmensurable, and even the Hero King Algol appears to avoid any involvement with it at the present time.
====
I guess this can turn something interesting in the future. Now IMO it appears Night Terror was created at that time with Zasa, but never got to escape the Astral Chaos. Hope Cass stays WAY out of its path.

Thanks Tuzark. So Toki's profile doesn't confirm or deny the rumors he's alive, eh? And if you don't mind my asking, what does "the treatment she presents in her decorations appears to be worrying" refer to in regards to Natsu? Does it mean the way she's dressed hints at some influence from Arahabaki? Also, very interesting that Night Terror actually was created by the combination of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's energies, sort of eerie thinking that there's this is destructive beast in existence unbeknownst to a lot of the characters.

Also, very interesting that Night Terror actually was created by the combination of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's energies, sort of eerie thinking that there's this is destructive beast in existence unbeknownst to a lot of the characters.

And it's that same destructive beast that Patroklos and Pyrrha created when they combined Soul Calibur and Soul Edge together, only to destroy them. Nice knowing that those two probably resurrected or may have conjured up Night Terror and created Astral Chaos altogether.

Thanks Tuzark. So Toki's profile doesn't confirm or deny the rumors he's alive, eh?

Sadly, it's just a quick summary of his story in previous games. Was hoping for something a little more interesting given it was put next to artwork/sketches, but oh well.

And if you don't mind my asking, what does "the treatment she presents in her decorations appears to be worrying" refer to in regards to Natsu?

No problem. If I'm not mistaken, I think it refers to the way Natsu handles (decorates) her hairstyle, probably due to its "orochi-esque" look.

And it's that same destructive beast that Patroklos and Pyrrha created when they combined Soul Calibur and Soul Edge together, only to destroy them. Nice knowing that those two probably resurrected or may have conjured up Night Terror and created Astral Chaos altogether.
Pyrrha's reaction upon learning she helped create/release Night Terror: "I'm sorry!"

Pyrrha's reaction upon learning she helped create/release Night Terror: "I'm sorry!"

My response to Pyrrha: Now look what you and that scumbag brother of yours done. Now Night Terror is going to destroy the cast of Soul Calibur 3 by going back in time. Thanks a bunch, you whiner.

"I'M SORRY!!!!" D:

Are you still? Because that means I have to build a time machine, go back to the events surrounding Soul Calibur 3, warn Siegfried, Kilik, Xianghua, and the rest of Night Terror's arrival and hopefully have them stop it and alter the events of 4 and yes, 5 meaning you Pyrrha and your scumbag brother don't ever conjure Night Terror again! Also, can you hand me that wrench right next to you, thanks.

Are you still? Because that means I have to build a time machine, go back to the events surrounding Soul Calibur 3, warn Siegfried, Kilik, Xianghua, and the rest of Night Terror's arrival and hopefully have them stop it and alter the events of 4 and yes, 5 meaning you Pyrrha and your scumbag brother don't ever conjure Night Terror again! Also, can you hand me that wrench right next to you, thanks.
-picks up the wrench and accidentally drops i-"I'M SORRY!"

-picks up the wrench and accidentally drops i-"I'M SORRY!"
Watch where you place that thing, will ya? I'm almost finished working on the time machine so that I can go back in time and warn everyone in Soul Calibur 3's timeline of Night Terror's arrival and to warn your mother and your aunt Cassandra of Tira kidnapping you, Pyrrha. My time machine is finished and now I'm off to warn those of Night Terror's arrival and to prevent your kidnapping.

Sadly, it's just a quick summary of his story in previous games. Was hoping for something a little more interesting given it was put next to artwork/sketches, but oh well.

Speaking of which, what you translate next is totally up to you, but I was wondering if you could tell me who the people covered on these three pages are:

http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0296-jpg.13691/
http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0297-jpg.13692/
http://8wayrun.com/attachments/img_0304-jpg.13699/

Like I said, you don't need to translate those pages unless you want to, but I don't recognize the guys in those pictures so I was wondering if you could let me know who they are.

Back