jf dash--powerful tool against shove-away players?

jf dash--powerful tool against shove-away play

I tested the above... against taki...

her AA beats my 6K... but everythign i listed above still remains true

-LAU

Draco, if you don't know what to do with +4 adv then i will have to choke u.....to death.

Interrupt me? after blocking 2B+K? hahaha, i welcome it.

Anyway in all seriousness, you can play 'cheaply' or safely with 2B+K -> 2K which is uninterruptable vs basically everyone. From there, mind games play effect. They will either eat 2K (normal or CH depending), or guess block low, or step. That's when you mix crouch throws, throws, PT jf etc. Crouch throw even interrupts TC attacks if they try it vs standing throws ;)
The beauty of an i13~14 mid....that is what the CT is.
Throws = i17, which means you need i13 to interrupt it...only attacks fast enough are highs or if they gamble a TC...think about what you can do with that knowledge.

they can jump but that's a beautiful way of getting nailed by your 2nd 2B+K or other, faster mids (if they guessed wrong). Then they will probably land flat on the ground and you can attempt to abuse the shi* out of them.

And about Nightmare's post block jf dash being as fast as Rock's--I think NM's dash is almost as fast but not as fast as Rock's. NM's dash is still effective enough to work very well and ...the cpu even used it against me to full effect once. O_O" This suggests that jf dash after blocking is intended as a real move by the developers :D.

They can Jump.

Use 6K vs jump, and u get superadv.
6K -> FF GT is guaranteed if they don't get up immediately
2B+K is a must block if they get up immediately
Side teching is impossible.

have fun Draco...

Use 6K vs jump, and u get superadv.
6K -> FF GT is guaranteed if they don't get up immediately
2B+K is a must block if they get up immediately
Side teching is impossible.

have fun Draco...

yes... thanks to hotnikkelz... this is tried and tested.. I even have a video of this done in my latest video.

-LAU

I've been thinking about using 6K after 2G+B just to use that setup. On characters where conventional combos are...problematic. What u think. There might be some merit in it there. I think i'll revisit 2G+B and see what i come up with.

I've not been showing Rock...in fact SC enough love lately, no time, but so much Rock research going on, i need to get in on it as well :)

Since I can't really practise this myself, are there any specific situations where this is actually practical? E.g., after blocking certain moves at whatever range.

page:

i don't understand why you can't practice this yourself....

there's the record function

-LAU

Because I don't have access to the game.

page:

i c....

well in terms of practicality...

like most strategies its really dependent on the opponent.

This strategy in general will work well against those who likes to turtle and is waiting for you to attack so they can block punish you...

-LAU

I think the JF dash as a close in move is VERY situational. You not only need to react to the right move, but also at the right distance because it only takes Rock so far. I wouldn't make it a core piece of my game... ever.

I think the JF dash as a close in move is VERY situational. You not only need to react to the right move, but also at the right distance because it only takes Rock so far. I wouldn't make it a core piece of my game... ever.

I don't think there is such thing as a core piece or core move. Everything is situational to some degree in soul calibur :D. So I'm not disappointed by this move--not even the slightest.

Here's an update. :D

Grabbing isn't the only option after performing a post block jf dash. Right after you finish your dash enter 6B and you'll perferm 66B. It's a good mid option for opponents who anticipates grabs after your dash. If they duck, you may nail them. The reason why 66B comes out is because the game uses the 6 entered as a dash as part of the 66B (buffering). So, if you want to use 66B, you have the option to press 6, wait for the dash, then press 6B right after the dash.

So we don't need to stop for a bit or press G after a dash in order to perform a mid. We have a decent mid that comes out right away.

P.S. I may not be the only one who thought of this move so I'm not claiming credit or anything. Eg. I think I saw it being done by Something-Unique in his videos on Rock Video Thread.

Just wanna mention...

if you play this game as a 2D game meaning you're only going backwards and forwards...

you fail

so if you're getting killed by just pokes...

it probably means the following.

1) You don't know how to step
2) You don't know how to play according to frame data
3) You are not using throws enough
4) You are not using 6K enough.

everything that throw is weak against... 6K makes up for it.

the only thing that i can think of that beats both 6K/Throw mixup is.... if they play at range... and use back dash or evasive move...... but guess what.. that's no longer poking...

if anyone have a huge problem against poke with rock.... they REALLY need to start learning to to play the game properly.. OR... stop playing online calibur... it's not the same...

-LAU

I've been going back and reading things. Lau put up an awesome post covering options we have after blocking pokes. He stated that, if the opponent steps back after poking, grabbing and 6K could fail.

This is when we should use post block dash + grab/6B instead of regular grab/6K/6A. And dashing travels further than back step. So perhaps we do have all grounds covered after pokes.

Back