jG Implications for Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm.... FC 3AAA always went to RO.
Really insult my intelligence again please. I was talking about how fast it happens. He snaps right up like im not done kicking your ass yet as aposed to let me make sure im holding the nunchakus in RO and give you a second to breath before i do my A follow up and smack you in the face

ok, but that doesn't matter as far as jG is concerned. The opponent can still just press G at the impact time of the fastest A follow-up to attempt a jG, it'll just be earlier. Not that it really matters in that case because there are much better ways to punish a blocked FC 3AAA than trying to jG the follow-up RO A.

OMG he's slowly grasping it.

I am surprised you jumped into this discussion without knowledge of that vid.

You should also take note in that very video how JGed Maxi string worked against Tira.

Since your eyes aren't very good, yes the game is faster. And Maxi is faster than he is in SC4.

I was pointing out a spot where i saw his speed was increased. If you still think JG will kill Maxi with speed like that from a previously slow move then i can't wait to see what what you say about fast transitions thru his stances with previously fast moves. It was stated that slower moves give more advantage so unless if you throwing out 44B or 33B like crazy it will be a little harder to interrupt than you believe.

In that same video i saw Voldo JG the first hit of Natsu's 3kkk and still got hit by the second kick before he could interrupt. So the most you should get hit by is AA or BB on reaction

and I'm pointing out that it doesn't matter how much the speed is increased. I'm not talking about jGing Maxi's moves on reaction, that's obviously not going to be possible. I'm talking about players routinely check blocking at the initial impact of the fastest move out of any given stance for a jG. That won't be affected by how fast the move is. The 3KKK move isn't really a good example. That is a string, the last K is a built in follow-up. That is similar to RO AK, which I have already stated will not be much of a problem with jG. And its still bad if you get smacked with AA or BB. Those add up. Also it forces you to play a poking game, which isn't Maxi's strong suit.

And that video did not really ease my worries at all. I saw no instances of jG working against Tira. In fact, I didn't see Tira jG anything against Maxi? Did you even watch the video KingAce?

all right, enough of the bickering. These are legitament concerns that Uber has. Stick to the topic and start playing nice!

@1:10 Tira seems to JG maxis 4A but maxi is STILL able to get his B off. So the JG effects of "big and smaller attacks have different results as far as JG goes" that is a prime example. Im with Johnny blaze on this one, ima wait till I get my hands on this before I make a "I hate JG" decision. And whatever the case is...I also will work with what I got. I just think this whole JG thing is blown out of proportion.

HRD

lol, for one, the camera angle is so bad that you can't even see whether that is a jG or not at that point. Secondly, if that was a jG, that was against 4A which was followed up by the built in B. It was not in stance, so that really has nothing to do with this conversation.

All i can say is mind games then since thats what Maxi is built around. Using the PSL should be more viable if everyone is attempting JG all over the place since there will be a moment of hesitation from tapping G unless people tap G and immediately hit BB.

Hmmm Wavering Light will rock even harder now

Jag, I really think JG is more risky than people assume. I said that already in another thread but you'll have to RELEASE the G button to attempt a JG most of the time. That simple fact alone mean that the "JG is no risk" trend I see on 8wayrun is probably wrong.

Also, assuming that a JG attempt will always end with early block or JG is overestimating players reaction. Sometimes they will block too late and take a hit.

Yeah but even if you have to release the guard button again, there´s still a good chance that you might just block the next attack of your opponent even if you didn´t JG. That is just so much better than GI/PGI. Think of a GI system where you have almost nothing to fear if you just throw one out. But beside´s that, i think that JG won´t happen that often too, but definetely more often than PGI and it seems to me more unrisky.

But maybe there will be changes to that system till the final game is out. I hope SCV won´t come out soon and so they take their time to balance things out.

I am saying it now Maxi will be top, in this game. Quote me later.

lol, i wish. That hasn't happened since SC1 though so i'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll be happy if he just makes middle tier. I just don't wanna roll into every matchup with a handicap.

lol, i wish. That hasn't happened since SC1 though so i'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll be happy if he just makes middle tier. I just don't wanna roll into every matchup with a handicap.

To be honset, i never thought SC1 Maxi was top. Cervantes... Yes, Hewang yes, X... yes, but Maxi?

I will be happy too if SCV Maxi is mid-tier. High tier would be... "Perfect". oO

To be honset, i never thought SC1 Maxi was top. Cervantes... Yes, Hewang yes, X... yes, but Maxi?

I will be happy too if SCV Maxi is mid-tier. High tier would be... "Perfect". oO

Eh Cervantes?! BBB and GDR...not enough :p

I think Sophie was underrated back then. All her shit gave like+5 on hit and she had an i11A and some really strong defense tools.

Maxi was top, because of range, speed and damage. He was unsafe as hell though. WCMaxi and I have battled his and Hwang's ranking for ages lol, we haven't reached a conclusion. He kept insisting that Hwang's i13 A and lack of great speedy mids was his downfall...but to me his strengths far made up for it. Maxi's basics were superstrong, it was tough getting in on his i13 B-RO, i11 As etc.

Anyway on topic. Depending on how difficult is this jG I don't see it much of an issue anymore. It's going to be hella hard for opponents to capitalise, especially if the frame data advantage varies from attack to attack. It would have to be premeditated, they will need to know it's coming, and the opponent has to be predictable. For eg say, an Asta is abusing bullrush predictably, then you can jG it and punish him hopefully. I think that's the reasoning behind the implementation. To have a low risk way to stop abuse of top tier attacks. I hope they implement it well. What you guys think?

Eh Cervantes?! BBB and GDR...not enough :p

I think Sophie was underrated back then. All her shit gave like+5 on hit and she had an i11A and some really strong defense tools.

Maxi was top, because of range, speed and damage. He was unsafe as hell though. WCMaxi and I have battled his and Hwang's ranking for ages lol, we haven't reached a conclusion. He kept insisting that Hwang's i13 A and lack of great speedy mids was his downfall...but to me his strengths far made up for it. Maxi's basics were superstrong, it was tough getting in on his i13 B-RO, i11 As etc.

Yes, Cervantes BBB and all! his moves out of dread charge except the A-UB were awesome! Not forget his 33B which was safe and gave him on NH about 90!! damage!

And yeah, Sophie is very strong too, but Lizzy also.

And almost everyone was fast in SC(DC), not only Maxi. I still don´t know what made him that good ´cause his loops were limited but often good on block and his damage was very good, but so was almost everyones in that game.

Nah whatever. ;)

Yes, Cervantes BBB and all! his moves out of dread charge except the A-UB were awesome! Not forget his 33B which was safe and gave him on NH about 90!! damage!

And yeah, Sophie is very strong too, but Lizzy also.

And almost everyone was fast in SC(DC), not only Maxi. I still don´t know what made him that good ´cause his loops were limited but often good on block and his damage was very good, but so was almost everyones in that game.

Nah whatever. ;)

lol Cervantes was too linear. Lizzy was strong cuz of his RO prowess I find. I think it's not just speed, but a combination of speed, range and damage and ability to stop step. Mitsu, hwang, ivy, voldo, rock, asta, kilik, mina, cervantes were slow compared to yoshi, x, taki, maxi, sophie, liz. Ahh, classics. Rock had the wickedest helmet ever...I wish I can get that bone helmet back.

lol Cervantes was too linear. Lizzy was strong cuz of his RO prowess I find. I think it's not just speed, but a combination of speed, range and damage and ability to stop step. Mitsu, hwang, ivy, voldo, rock, asta, kilik, mina, cervantes were slow compared to yoshi, x, taki, maxi, sophie, liz. Ahh, classics. Rock had the wickedest helmet ever...I wish I can get that bone helmet back.

Mitsu was not! slower than Sophie or Yoshi. And Hwang was fast enough. Isn´t Kilik top in SCIV even if he is one of the slowest? So what does speed has to do with tier-list placement? Not that much imo. And SCIV Ivy is not that fast too, still top!

And yes, SC Cervantes is over the top. If you don´t believe me, then ask Malek. He and i share the same! oppinion about SC Cervantes.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back