Jrasta's Sketches

I kind of enjoyed the CAS in SC5 actually although mostly I just like to make customs for existing characters I enjoyed it as far as it went but generally it's not really my thing. I just like to fight and it does add an interesting edge when you can use all kinds of customs but beyond that it doesn't make much difference to me. I enjoy seeing what other people make more than going on about it myself. Thanks for sharing.

This is kind of interesting to think about also but I find it's something that the more you think about the more you end up over complicating everything. It just is what it is like we're just here talking about it. Comparing it to comics is interesting thinking about how that's what comes of such things. The X-Men was always about discrimination, civil rights or so they say, but I think it's more of a general thing. Courage is the same thing whether it's a soldier landing at Normandy or a woman sitting on a seat in a bus.

Anyway, I woke up feeling terrible today honestly and if I had actually sat and thought about it I no doubt would've decided it was going to be a bad day, but I did not. In fact I went out and did a sketch which actually did make me feel a lot better. You might call that art therapy in action. If you were of such a disposition. I'm just bored now with little else to do but think about stuff. So an average day really in any case here it is.View attachment 93140
Just happened by here, round the back of the Dockside Outlet Centre I've done from a few angles before, and thought why not. It also occurs to me I never shared the birthday cards I made for my dad and brother back before Christmas so...View attachment 93142View attachment 93141
'Japanese fighters stick together... Cause we're brothers ahahahaha.' From Streetfighter 2: The Animated Movie.

View attachment 93143View attachment 93144
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. RIP Sean Connery. 'Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and the birds in the sky'.
Your very welcome. :)
These are awesome art works you did there. ^^ Ah the classic Street Fighter 2. XD
I used to main Bison because I loved spamming his "Pscycho Crusher" attack. LOL ^^;
I was such a big fan of the Indiana Jones. I enjoyed up to the Last Crusade. The fourth movie I didn't enjoy that much.
It was pretty cool seeing him in action at the warehouse scene, but then everything just went south as the movie progressed, and
he only used his bullwhip at the beginning of the movie, but it just sat at his side, like there was no situation that required the use of it anymore.
I sat through that movie wondering when he would use it cause I mean, that's an iconic and cool weapon of his. Oh well. But anyway, these works came out really great. yeah, art is a great coping mechanism. It's theraputic. It's also the reason I enjoy drawing too. I still haven't figured out how I wish to share my fan comic here. Maybe, I'll text a description or something. I don't know yet. I guess it would probably look like a long scroll down of comic pages? Hm....I'm still thinking about it. XD

My favourite from the series has always been Rolento from Alpha 2 I believe it was. Bison is easily top 5 though. Characters who can teleport will always get automatic points from me just for that but Bison is pretty great all round despite my general aversion to the charge characters. I don't tend to 'main' characters as they say though. When I would play Soul Calibur 4 and 5 online all those years ago anyway practically most of the time I would go random and I think this actually annoyed people more ironically as it made me fundamentally unpredictable but I digress.

I actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for what it's worth. It definitely ranks above Temple of Doom for me as when I saw that as a child it gave me nightmares that lasted for years. Good times. Last Crusade remains the favourite for me I think though.

Speaking of comics I guess I may as well share what I did although it remains a fundamental work in progress with many missing/unfinished pages/frames. I had intended to use the 'Fan Fictions Are Written' sub-forum as it was just a bit of fun I hoped people in the community might enjoy and could even actively be a part of if they wanted. I just kind of lost enthusiasm for the whole affair. I hope looking at what I was doing might give you some enthusiasm though and perhaps you can find a better way to do it in the end.
detectivedwaynep1large.jpg
detectivedwaynep2upper.jpgdetectivedwaynep2complete.jpg
DSC02337.JPG
DSC04531.JPGDSC04564.JPGDSC04550.JPG
DSC02344.JPG
DSC02363.JPGDSC04602.JPGDSC01680.JPG

My favourite from the series has always been Rolento from Alpha 2 I believe it was. Bison is easily top 5 though. Characters who can teleport will always get automatic points from me just for that but Bison is pretty great all round despite my general aversion to the charge characters. I don't tend to 'main' characters as they say though. When I would play Soul Calibur 4 and 5 online all those years ago anyway practically most of the time I would go random and I think this actually annoyed people more ironically as it made me fundamentally unpredictable but I digress.

I actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for what it's worth. It definitely ranks above Temple of Doom for me as when I saw that as a child it gave me nightmares that lasted for years. Good times. Last Crusade remains the favourite for me I think though.

Speaking of comics I guess I may as well share what I did although it remains a fundamental work in progress with many missing/unfinished pages/frames. I had intended to use the 'Fan Fictions Are Written' sub-forum as it was just a bit of fun I hoped people in the community might enjoy and could even actively be a part of if they wanted. I just kind of lost enthusiasm for the whole affair. I hope looking at what I was doing might give you some enthusiasm though and perhaps you can find a better way to do it in the end.View attachment 93199View attachment 93208View attachment 93198View attachment 93203View attachment 93200View attachment 93207View attachment 93206View attachment 93201View attachment 93204View attachment 93205View attachment 93202
That's so cool. You would most likely be like an Edgemaster type fighter. I like the idea of being unpredictable. I guess, the annoyed gamers aren't as hardcore as they think they are, if they can't handle a challenger that will change mains. XD I wish I could do that, but Mitsurugi is the only main that I can hold my own in most matches. Other characters, I can probably dish a few clever moves here and there, but it won't be enough for me to last in an entire match.

I guess I'll have to rewatch Crystal Skull again. I've only seen it twice. The Last Crusade was certainly awesome. ^^
Oh snap! Imagine if Indiana Jones would be a guest character in this franchise. XD "Indiana Jones and the Soul Swords"
His opening line in a match against Nightmare would be like, "That sword should be in a museum." LOL One of his throw moves would include wrapping his whip around their weapon and pulling the fighter in for a close quarter beat down or something. LOL Oh well, it was just a silly idea. XD

That's so cool. Yeah, it certainly gave me a general idea of how I can possibly post my fan comics. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. :)
I do like to share my thoughts on the comic pages I post along with links to soundtracks that goes really well with each scenes. I guess the fan fiction forum would be suitable perhaps? Or should I put it in fan art? But then fan art, is pretty much about sharing conceptual works. But what I have is more of a visual story telling. ^^

That's so cool. You would most likely be like an Edgemaster type fighter. I like the idea of being unpredictable. I guess, the annoyed gamers aren't as hardcore as they think they are, if they can't handle a challenger that will change mains. XD I wish I could do that, but Mitsurugi is the only main that I can hold my own in most matches. Other characters, I can probably dish a few clever moves here and there, but it won't be enough for me to last in an entire match.

I guess I'll have to rewatch Crystal Skull again. I've only seen it twice. The Last Crusade was certainly awesome. ^^
Oh snap! Imagine if Indiana Jones would be a guest character in this franchise. XD "Indiana Jones and the Soul Swords"
His opening line in a match against Nightmare would be like, "That sword should be in a museum." LOL One of his throw moves would include wrapping his whip around their weapon and pulling the fighter in for a close quarter beat down or something. LOL Oh well, it was just a silly idea. XD

That's so cool. Yeah, it certainly gave me a general idea of how I can possibly post my fan comics. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. :)
I do like to share my thoughts on the comic pages I post along with links to soundtracks that goes really well with each scenes. I guess the fan fiction forum would be suitable perhaps? Or should I put it in fan art? But then fan art, is pretty much about sharing conceptual works. But what I have is more of a visual story telling. ^^
Is it wrong I now won't be happy until I see Dr. Jones in Soul Calibur and he proclaims that line... How much do you think Harrison Ford would charge for such a thing? I kid. Or am I?

Anyhow again many thanks for all the kind words. Very many and it's no problem really as it wasn't doing anything and it doesn't seem likely I'll pick that up again honestly but I do remember having some hopes for it at some point so... But yeah no problem. I mostly just do what I do showing some here for a bit of fun and hopefully to inspire a little if at all possible. If I were the sort to give advice I'd just say don't let it worry you whatever you try or else you've failed before you even started. Just how it seems to me anyway. This is why I rarely give advice.

But frankly I've been feeling pretty slow as of late at least as far as this goes. Completed more video games in less than six months than the last six years for some reason. Who can say but I did a little practice on a smaller sheet I wanted to test from Middle Earth: Shadow of War. Also did something else a little different most recently as I got a couple houseplants recently so this one is Iris. I happened to be playing FFXV around that time. There's two but I have yet to do the other picture but perhaps soon.
DSC07085.JPG
DSC07105.JPG

She's a prayer plant, so called because when it gets dark the leaves hold themselves up to the sky, like folded hands or so they say. Tis kind of fascinating really. The other is a Peace Lily. Vera. Soon. Hopefully. For now I also did five sketches in one afternoon so I guess we'll have those too. New record. Good fun. Good times.
DSC07057.JPGDSC07058.JPGDSC07059.JPGDSC07060.JPGDSC07061.JPG

Well I did Vera. Thought I'd try my new A2 black paper pad. Not bad. Also haven't made any GIFs in a while and this one is small enough so... Enjoy.
DSC07122.JPG

output_GQw0k2.gif

These are all impressive works there. ^^
So sorry I haven't been active here for such a long while. Ever since I started my full time job, the weeks
has been generally challenging for me. I barely have any time for myself, but I'm slowly figuring out ways to make it happen somehow.
I do feel a bit out of touch around here, as I wasn't sure where to start off from, but I guess for now, I'm glad I got back
here when I could. I hope you are doing well. ^^

These are all impressive works there. ^^
So sorry I haven't been active here for such a long while. Ever since I started my full time job, the weeks
has been generally challenging for me. I barely have any time for myself, but I'm slowly figuring out ways to make it happen somehow.
I do feel a bit out of touch around here, as I wasn't sure where to start off from, but I guess for now, I'm glad I got back
here when I could. I hope you are doing well. ^^
Don't worry about it my good man. I'm always glad when you make it but it is how it is. Times are strange. It all starts with being comfortable with yourself and I could never ask anyone not to be even if it seems like the world nigh expects it of us all. Always has really. Just easier to live in denial. Wear a mask. Speaking of masks.
DSC07144.JPG

I did another A2 picture and I did a recording for the first time in rather a while. Even finished the video last night. Good times.
Tis the silent protagonist from Persona 5 'Joker' and his friend/kitty cat Morgana playing the classic/retro video games. Had a bit of fun with it as well as making the recording and the video. Hope you enjoy it if you have a moment to watch that is.
DSC07270.JPG

Also did something I don't often do these days. Sat in a coffee shop. Costa. Did a sketch too. This Costa is within the building of our Odeon cinema. Pretty easy compared to last time which I did during our unusual long bank holiday for dear old Queen Elizabeth's very rare Platinum Jubilee. This means the dear old lady has been a reigning monarch for 70 years. Very rare achievement indeed I believe she's the first and fairly likely the last.
DSC07140.JPG
DSC07139.JPG

It was a windy day and the first one I did standing up. I forgot to bring any clips to hold the paper down too. Good thing twas a pad. I sat down at an outdoor cafe nearby for the second but twas indeed still fairly windy. Lots of people about as we had a food and drink festival here at the same time. First time back after tha varus actually. Usually a yearly thing. Lot's of boats/water related stuff too given the maritime history of the area.

Anyway I hope you're still doing good and you can find lots more time to relax in the near future. All the best everyone.

Hi again! Thanks! ^^ It's been awhile. The full time job has certainly kept me busy. I almost didn't have
much free time for myself. It was ridiculous. So much for balancing life. XD Still, I do try though.
I hope all is well. :)

Interesting video you put together there, and great work on your paintings and editings. ^^
It's always fun to create stuff. :)

Hi again! Thanks! ^^ It's been awhile. The full time job has certainly kept me busy. I almost didn't have
much free time for myself. It was ridiculous. So much for balancing life. XD Still, I do try though.
I hope all is well. :)

Interesting video you put together there, and great work on your paintings and editings. ^^
It's always fun to create stuff. :)
Been a bit quiet for a while but I have managed to put something togeether for Halloween which I do enjoy.
Here's some stills from the main picture I recorded the drawing of for the video. Hopefully things are still good with you and of course everyone.
DSC07375.jpg
DSC07374.jpgDSC07373.jpg
Been playing AC: Valhalla recently. Got a bit more energy but it seems to come and go as of late. Hopefully I'll have something for the day of the dead on Wednesday also but in any case Happy Halloween all!

Another year soon to be gone by... Good to get some stuff done for my favourite season this time though. Hopefully do some Christmas related stuff soon but I wanted to get those birthdays out the way first. I decided I'd do some scenes from my favourite Simpsons episode 'Homer Badman'. First comes the brother and it's one of those numbers.
DSC07473.jpg

The episode begins with a visit to a candy convention which on the right we can see Homer making an exit from. On the left is a scene I forget and it may not be the same episode but it's memorable perhaps even fitting here for reasons.
DSC07489.jpg

Following the convention Homer and Marge return home and relieve their babysitter which leads to the infamous scene triggering the ensuing scandal and relentless harassment Homer will receive both at home and as seen here at work.

You people aren't allowed in here.

It's okay. They're with me.

We aren't crazy about nuclear power either!

DSC07502.jpg

Next for my dad's card we see the extent of the invasion of privacy being exercised in this campaign of self-righteous harassment against Homer's apparent indiscretion.
DSC07507.jpg
Until next time.

Simpson scandal update: Homer sleeps nude in an oxygen tent
which he believes gives him sexual powers.

Hi there! It's been a very long while. I hope you are doing well. Great to see your'e active in posting your art works here.
I've been Super busy making ends meet for the most part. The social activity in this community seemingly hasn't changed
yet. Most users are often busy live streaming their gameplays, which is where all the social activity seems to be at now a days.

I'm still debating weather or not to post my fan comics here, or even my fan art. it sucks that no one hasn't dropped by to really see your works yet.
The tribute to Mick was very endearing. I wish I could have known him personally. He must be well loved here in the community. I guess things will probably pick up once SC7 gets made. Who knows.

I do miss playing SC6. I don't have a PS4 console of my own, but my game is with my sister in her house.
I still have the Xbox 360, so I can still play SC4 and SC5. Well, whenever I could manage the free time. XD

Hi there! It's been a very long while. I hope you are doing well. Great to see your'e active in posting your art works here.
I've been Super busy making ends meet for the most part. The social activity in this community seemingly hasn't changed
yet. Most users are often busy live streaming their gameplays, which is where all the social activity seems to be at now a days.

I'm still debating weather or not to post my fan comics here, or even my fan art. it sucks that no one hasn't dropped by to really see your works yet.
The tribute to Mick was very endearing. I wish I could have known him personally. He must be well loved here in the community. I guess things will probably pick up once SC7 gets made. Who knows.

I do miss playing SC6. I don't have a PS4 console of my own, but my game is with my sister in her house.
I still have the Xbox 360, so I can still play SC4 and SC5. Well, whenever I could manage the free time. XD

I won't be posting anything else here as it happens. It's been the busy time recently but as for this place I can't for the life of me say why I should let alone would ever pretend to care about a pretend community as it seems to be this was all it ever was.

It treats itself with utter contempt. I'm glad you appreciated some of my things here but it's clear at this point the 'community' has no self respect and it's no wonder you rarely to never see any supposedly self-respecting member of it post here like say the late Mick especially at this point.

It's all pretend and deep down anyone who's spent any time here knows this is so but they're too busy playing pretend games about a game they wish they were playing to care about any actual community that could be or could have been or what it actually is right in front of them.

I've done everything I can and even many things I can't, it's impossible to ignore, yet that seems to be the way they claim to want it to the point of shitting all over anything and everything I do simply because I did it and it's contrary to their 'community'. Which is to say it's not pretend and anything that's not pretend can't help but expose how pretentious it's surroundings actually are.

They seem to want a game that never was and never could have been instead of the games they have, have had, or could have in the future and so the 'game' they actually play is become merely an excuse to hate. They need someone to hate. Telling them it's ruining the game for everyone is like 'ruining' their 'game' to them and if there's one thing I want to leave clear here it's that this long ago moved past being about a game.

The behaviour of those in the name of their pretend 'game' is both contemptuous and false. I have no intention of participating in such a charade and if it's not clear enough already I never did.

However as a thank you for your support while I've been around as of late I'll leave a link here.
It's a premiere I made for Easter Sunday and I'll be around my youtube channel anytime if you or anyone here really ever want to talk in the future as I won't or least highly doubt I'll be responding here anymore at all. Thanks again for your time.

I won't be posting anything else here as it happens. It's been the busy time recently but as for this place I can't for the life of me say why I should let alone would ever pretend to care about a pretend community as it seems to be this was all it ever was.

It treats itself with utter contempt. I'm glad you appreciated some of my things here but it's clear at this point the 'community' has no self respect and it's no wonder you rarely to never see any supposedly self-respecting member of it post here like say the late Mick especially at this point.

It's all pretend and deep down anyone who's spent any time here knows this is so but they're too busy playing pretend games about a game they wish they were playing to care about any actual community that could be or could have been or what it actually is right in front of them.

I've done everything I can and even many things I can't, it's impossible to ignore, yet that seems to be the way they claim to want it to the point of shitting all over anything and everything I do simply because I did it and it's contrary to their 'community'. Which is to say it's not pretend and anything that's not pretend can't help but expose how pretentious it's surroundings actually are.

They seem to want a game that never was and never could have been instead of the games they have, have had, or could have in the future and so the 'game' they actually play is become merely an excuse to hate. They need someone to hate. Telling them it's ruining the game for everyone is like 'ruining' their 'game' to them and if there's one thing I want to leave clear here it's that this long ago moved past being about a game.

The behaviour of those in the name of their pretend 'game' is both contemptuous and false. I have no intention of participating in such a charade and if it's not clear enough already I never did.

However as a thank you for your support while I've been around as of late I'll leave a link here.
It's a premiere I made for Easter Sunday and I'll be around my youtube channel anytime if you or anyone here really ever want to talk in the future as I won't or least highly doubt I'll be responding here anymore at all. Thanks again for your time.
Your very welcome. :)

It's messed up that there are people like that. I have felt that vibe strongly in this community even when I first joined.
I don't understand their mentality and how frankly, anyone can turn a blind eye to such hard work and thought that was put into
the Soul Calibur franchise. I mean...what's not to like? It has everything and more in a fighting game. Heck the story and history
are surprisingly deep. And I just don't understand how many of them don't catch on to any of it. I mean...it was done with so much
thought and in regards to gamers who supposedly love fighting games and the content in it. The lack of appreciation for such art
is...wow...I don't understand that. Like I need to read up on what the thought process entails. Like where are they really coming from when they think
the way that they do? But then again, it's not as mind boggling to understand that selfishness, blinds a person from seeing anything as they really are. I guess I just answered my own question. Still, it is pretty messed up though. I mean, we live in the 21st century, I mean, I would have guessed people would have gotten it together by now. I don't understand how the human race could still even be alive like this. But then again, prayer does wonders, so
they're lucky they have plenty of opportunities to change, though the clock is ticking so it's only a matter of time when the rug finally gets pulled out from beneath everyone's feet, sort of speak.

Thanks for the link to the video. I'll see if I can watch it on you tube. I clicked on the video but it didn't play. ^^;
Oh what was the title again? I keep getting the Simpson's Duffman results. LOL

Back