Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Di_PL

[10] Knight
General Leixia discussion about frames, strats etc. Any questions regarding gameplay are welcome.

If you want to post combos, please pay this thread a visit.

Do you guys think Leixia's plots of SCV story is "Looking for her father, Kilik?" lol......
And with some flashback how Xianghau pregnant. XD

You definitely have a point, I will change the title. Thank you.

I think there's no need to move your post(s). Moreover, if somebody enters this thread and he or she reads the first few posts it'll be obvious for him or her that it's not a place for storyline discussions :).

I think you can leave it to yourself ;).

OK, since Namco has started releasing videos recorded during my trip to Paris I think I can share some more info about Leixia. The only problem is that I wrote this a month ago (it was actually written at the airport) so keep in mind that it may be not accurate when it comes to the current build, not to mention that I have surely missed a lot of stuff. Still, I hope you'll find this interesting.

The "new Xianghua" seems to be a little better in SCIV, however, I only played around 20-30 fights with her so keep that in mind. First of all, both SXS and crouch throws are gone. Her 214B+G throw is probably gone too (I couldn't do it). Yet, she got a big boost in the range department.

Here are the details about moves I remember about.

A,A,B - new animation for the last hit, no aGI with 4 (not 100% sure of it), possibly less disadvantage on block
3A - no old 3A anymore; the new 3A is one of her old mids (33A? not sure)
2A - unchanged
1A - old 1A+B (1[A] is possible); the old 1A is now 11_33A
7_8_9A - unchanged
66A,A - high, mid (?), seems to be worse than old 66A
44A series - old 44A,A with new options: (1) you can charge 44[A] to delay the 1st hit), (2) you can do 44A,A+B to do her old bA instead of the high move
WS A,A - old
3B - now that's awesome! Great range + hits grounded easily + avoids high attacks (I managed to go under A,A) + combo on normal hit + around -13 on block (but hard to punish because of the range)
1B - SC2's 11B (I don't remember the motion in III and IV)
7_8_9B - old
33_99B,B - old 1B,B
44B,4 - old but since GI now gives you a free CE/combo it's a little bit better than it used to be (obviously if your opponent can't punish it properly)
WS B - old 66A+B - hits mid and you can get Brave Edge of it (BE may be safe + it launches for a free BT B+K)
66B series - old, but it's possible to do an additional GB attack
22_88B - SCIV's 25B (basically, the old input is back); because of the quick site step it may be a little worse than it used to be (think of 22~22B as an example when you avoid a single move but then go back and get hit)
4K - old
7_8_9K - SCIV version... :(
66K - old, can be done with 33_99K too
22_88K - old 1K (it's possible to do the mid attack with A)
1K - old 2A+K (with additional attacks)
3K,K - new series, two mids; I'm not familiar with their properties but the first one may launch on CH
44K - SCIV's 22_88K
WS K - old 11_77K animation but hits mid; no more WS K hitting grounded :(
6B+K - old
1B+K - old
22_88B+K and 44B+K - old
66B+K = 66B
2B+K - old
3B+K,K_:K - new animation + a possibility to do an additional attack (a forward jump with a kick); combos with launcher into 3B+K work but the kick is only a techtrap (doesn't hit grounded); yet, you can use it to get closer to your opponent (better okizeme)
4B+K - old
8B+K - a new slow jumping move that on hit puts your opponent behind you (+ stuns?)
B+K - old A+K
B+G - new animation, RO forward over small walls, wall combo when done in front of high walls
Crybaby - still in but don't know the details; it's possible to make a shiny version (Clean Hit) but I don't know how the Clean Hits work
Critical Edge - an ordinary CE with nice range and priority and regular damage; it hits grounded so maybe it'll be possible to combo it after moves that puts opponent on the ground

That's all I can remember (there may be some mistakes). If you have any questions, feel free to post them.

I didn't post the video (I guess the forums auto-linked it lol. I just wanted to paste the link)
I'm asking you who's the girl? :P

We don't know. People were picked randomly from the crowd to compete with the famous SC players on the main stage.

You should ask French players about her.

Heh, ok.

Di : Did you manage to do 11B? I can't quite remember that move in SC2 Lol. Or is this the 1B in the classic 22B, 1B, FC3B combo back in SC2? (or 3B, 1B, WS K)
What does it look like? How many games did you get in with Leixia?
Also you say the new WS B BE May be safe, does this mean you already got punished for the normal one on block?

Also did you manage to do 22kA,A series? (With the 2_8B etc.)

Did you manage to do 11B? I can't quite remember that move in SC2 Lol. Or is this the 1B in the classic 22B, 1B, FC3B combo back in SC2? (or 3B, 1B, WS K)
Now that I think of it I can't remember SC2 11B either, lol. Maybe I made a mistake and that's the old 1B (wasn't 11B = 44B?).

How many games did you get in with Leixia?
Around 20-30.

Also you say the new WS B BE May be safe, does this mean you already got punished for the normal one on block?
I think I have but I'm not 100% sure (it's been a month already since I played the game :( ).

Also did you manage to do 22kA,A series? (With the 2_8B etc.)
You mean the old 1kA,A? I did. Hope it has old properties.
What about the 2_8B part of your post? (I'm sorry but I don't understand this part, what are you referring to?)

After that series she has that almost useless option to go into that split thing, where she does a split on the floor and pokes your legs (Like Yunsung's SC2 11B/B) If you do 2_8 she twirls in tht direction before doing it.

Being the ultimate 44B spammer, I'm confident it's always been 44B. hahaha :)

Edit : I guess the whole series is back, in the latest Kayane vs AI videos she's using a lot of WS A+B, 2_8B

So is there a video that shows 8B+K? I don't think I have seen it in action. I wonder if the shifting of Hou Lee from A+K to B+K is just for the demos? Then again it's SC, they always change stance inputs for no reason.

So is there a video that shows 8B+K? I don't think I have seen it in action.
I don't remember where but it definitely is somewhere. It looks similar to Talim's B from her special forward jump (can't remember the name).

I wonder if the shifting of Hou Lee from A+K to B+K is just for the demos? Then again it's SC, they always change stance inputs for no reason.
It depends on whether they give A+K moves back to all the characters. At the moment A+K works as though you were pressing A.

8B+K looks almost exactly like Talim's 9B. Seems to launch on counter hit. I can't remember where but there was a Leixia player who did it after a guard crush.

8B+K looks almost exactly like Talim's 9B. Seems to launch on counter hit. I can't remember where but there was a Leixia player who did it after a guard crush.
I think it was from the previous stream, and I'm not sure if it launches..
The combo done from the previous stream from the SC4 office (i think that's where it was held) was..
3B(grushed guard) 8B+K BT B+K WR B BE (I think) BT B+K and then they tried for the CE.

Back