Looking at the Major Changes of SCV Positively

"Useless" may be hyperbolic, but there are sound reasons for why GI went unused in these games.

SC1 and SC2 suffered from many of the same issues in regards to GI. The movement in those games was off the charts, knockdowns meant virtually nothing, and the number of situations where GI is preferable to stepping could be counted on one hand. That's not even getting into 2G.

In SC4, I estimate that more than half the cast had aGIs that could be used to counter moves like Amy 66A, and these aGIs guaranteed damage. Outside of countering these types of reactable but otherwise unavoidable moves, GI served little purpose. Plus there was the clusterfuck that was the perfect impact system. Although ironically SC4 is the only one to have a bug-free GI implementation.

But in the first SC there was no 2G afaik... There were problems with the GI-system but not on a SC2 scale. And knockdowns meant sometimes something ´cause in the first SC there were already techtraps, albeit only a few one.
And in SCIII arcade the broken GI-system from the console version was fixed. So sad we in the west never really got to experience that game...

what is SC3's VC?
VC = variable cancel which can be performed by G22 for quick recovery.

This is commonly used in situations such as post-GI to block upcoming attacks instead of GIing back. There are other instances of VC used in different scenarios such as air VC, but I won't dwell any further details on them.

What I initially posted was enough to understand.

I understand what you are saying Signia, but to be honest i HAVE YET TO SEE SOMEONE playing Asta this way!

I mean using just guard for throw mixups. It sounds interesting but I never needed that to be good in this game. To be honest 17i moves after just guard won´t work all day, too many people know to use safer moves in certain situations. And yes you can say that I am one of those who never really adapted to this new system called Just Guard because I rather use other defensive methods(jump attacks, sidestep, bullrush armor) to avoid an opponents attack. So if I am a "Master" of those three mechanice and just "suck" at JG, then I am totally fine with that.

Ok so what if no Asta main has done it. Last I checked you're not the best player in the world or anything, so clearly you're doing something wrong. When I mess around with Asta that strategy works pretty well. Do you ever just hold guard instead of using those risky options? Well instead of G you can JG and get free mixups if you're correct on the timing and be almost as safe as if you held G if you aren't correct. You lose nothing by adding JG to your game, that post was just a suggestion as to how you can gain from it.

Ok so what if no Asta main has done it. Last I checked you're not the best player in the world or anything, so clearly you're doing something wrong. When I mess around with Asta that strategy works pretty well. Do you ever just hold guard instead of using those risky options? Well instead of G you can JG and get free mixups if you're correct on the timing and be almost as safe as if you held G if you aren't correct. You lose nothing by adding JG to your game, that post was just a suggestion as to how you can gain from it.

What the....ok

I already said i UNDERSTAND what you are saying. I can even see the benefits but are not the best player either so I do not have to agree with everything you say.

Every player makes mistakes... Everyone has his personal "behaviour" in battle.
And in my case it´s besides a certain dislike for JG that I rather step or do jump attacks because I feel more comfortable that way and i can apply that strategy in different! SOULCALIBUR games as well which is important to me ´cause I do not just play SCV. That´s all.

I smell a Money Match!

Let's see dat German Euros and American dollars being slammed on the table.

Last edited:
while we're at it.. it pleases me greatly no one mentioned special guest characters.

Really happy about that.

Back