Maxi Combo Thread

What do you guyes have to say about the WR A+B?

If your Maxi style involves alot of mind games and if your good at ducking highs or sidestepping I think WR A+B works great and is almost entirely safe when charged beacuse of the frame advantage you get for your a,a,b follow up. I believe only I12 or I13 can interrupt the a,a,b but then both hit at the same time so far for me resulting in minimal poke damage for both sides. Its worth the initial chance to get an awsome stun.

Some opponents get defensive by my fighting style some dont. You have to read your opponent and use the WR A+B accordingly. I kind of love it against players who base their Guard Breaks on anticipitation. I've meet very few players who manage to Guard Break Maxi on reaction not anticipitation. It's a great frightening tool to show players Guard Breaking alot that it can have serious consequences. The 80+ damage follow-ups allow that :)

WR [A+B] or WR A+B
I want to like WR [A+B] but linearity range are issues especially at that speed. I use it vs blocked lows which i know are safe. Good bs as you mentioned, LI AA hard to interrupt on block. Not the case post WR A+B though....that has poor bs

WR [A+B] or WR A+B
I want to like WR [A+B] but linearity range are issues especially at that speed. I use it vs blocked lows which i know are safe. Good bs as you mentioned, LI AA hard to interrupt on block. Not the case post WR A+B though....that has poor bs

I agree uncharged WR A+B should only be used when you know it will be a counterhit.

Another great situation to use the WR A+B besides blocked lows is after a blocked attack puts you into crouch, I wonder how many characters hit forced crouch moves you can get a guaranteed uncharged WR A+B against :) ? I think i'll try that out at home a bit this evening.

ws A+B is cool. After hit LI K is can't be interrupted by the most characters, and LI A can't be interrupted at all. Even if your opponent knows better than to eat a counter you're still in a great position for mix-ups.

WS A+B on hit to LI K is uninterruptable vs everyone (not most characters) as is LI A ;)
Good to know when u can punish with it.

I punish ducked throws with this and WS A.

I thought Yoshi's iMCF, and Taki's A+B A would beat it out. I can't manage to do with either though. Taki's A can trade with with LI K, but that gives Maxi a free BT B+K.

There are a couple of characters with pokes that can interrupt the A follow up but then both hit at the same time and trade equal poke damage. As I said, I think it is worth the initial chance to get a counter hit with charged WR A+B (tech crouch) with good soul gauge damage to on block. Only A is safe, B or K is not fast enough. When your opponent realises the frame advantage it gives you, they might decide to be patient. Only then would I use K, since it also gives frame advantage and allows you to keep the control.

Yoshis Manji Fist is an exception to any frame advantage fantasy. You can throw frame advantage out the window if the opponent can execute the Manji Fist when he wants.

I honestly haven't been using the move despite being interested in it initially. In any case, sorry if these were posted already.

CH RO B > (wait for to go back to neutral) 66B+K 55dmg (3 more than using RC B). funny story about this combo is that I made it because of my chronic self-RO disorder

LI B > BL KK (w!) > 4BBK > 2B+KB is like 98dmg XD (landed in match play)

i love that BLKK wall splat i use it sometimes its good damage for a relitivly simple combo

66K w! A+B = about 75+ damage i think (gotta re check i just rember thinking that is rediculosly high for somthing so simple)

Nice Tiamat! One question, on non-counter, is that still a good followup? I'm asking because alot of times i'll get 44B -> RO B -> RC B, but they'll AA me out of the air on the RC B. On non-CH do you still have enough time to go to neutral and do shenanigans?

I did not know this. Good stuff man...finally :p

yay!~ lol XD

Tactu:
the problem is that normal hit RO B is not the same as 44B > RO B. normal hit RO B causes breakable stun. if you do it as combo from 44B though, it will not cause a stun of any kind

normal hit RO B > 66B+K can be interrupted by 2A if they break the stun quickly and attack asap but those are "if"s. I think you're better off going for the RC B if you get a normal hit but you could maybe go to neutral and try some mixup or something, you are kinda far away from them

Nice Tiamat! One question, on non-counter, is that still a good followup? I'm asking because alot of times i'll get 44B -> RO B -> RC B, but they'll AA me out of the air on the RC B. On non-CH do you still have enough time to go to neutral and do shenanigans?

No, that wouldn't work. RO B doesn't stun if the enemy is already stunned.

Could anybody test wheter WS KK or 66B+K or RC KK, side step, 2B+KB or a throw works? For the way they stand up, you could land a side hit, and 2B+KB is guaranteed on everybody as side hit.

Tactu:
You should be using RO K post 44B.

Miguelito:
Not sure what you're asking to test...
Those options post....?

has anyone actually made a list of what characters can escape CH LO BK > 2B+KB? I also mean from other starters like stun moves

Tactu:
You should be using RO K post 44B.

Miguelito:
Not sure what you're asking to test...
Those options post....?

Ha, ha, ha... Yeah, after hitting with 66B+K or RC KK, do a side step and attempt to 2B+KB. See if they can block B or see if a throw results in a side throw. Of course, they would be able to crouch in time and avoid everything, but is just a way to enhace the mix up.

Aww crap.

I thought CH RO B > 66B+K was common knowledge. I never posted it because I assumed if I discovered it then someone must have already mentioned it. It's always the case.

Missed out on the glory. :(

FOR GLORY

but seriously...any list of who can tech out of 2B+K after using CH LO BK ? (and from other starters into LO BK)

Back