Maxi Frame Traps

generally anything with advantage on hit can lead to a 2A frametrap at least. he has a ton of stance related ones too

I'll just give some to get you started. They will be overly simplified.

on hit:
2A > 2A
3K > 2A
33K > 2A
CH 1K > 2A
A+B~G > RC A
44AB > RO B

On block:
4B > LO B
aK > LO B
RC B > LO B
LI > any BL move or go neutral then 2A
LO K > 2A

Pimpin, know any other place that has a full listing or is that all maxi has?

I don't think they are actually listed anywhere. If others have some frametraps to add and/or want to be more specific about these traps maybe they will post some.

honestly though, I would say that's quite a bit to work with already.

I'm not sure if it is but I think LO AK might be a frame trap. I'll test it out when I get a chance.

RO AK is frame trap in that if they block the first hit, they cannot interrupt the second hit

you probably mean that

I'm not sure if it is but I think LO AK might be a frame trap. I'll test it out when I get a chance.

I don't use the K from LO AK very much. I think you can hit confirm the LO A on CH, so if you get the CH LO A, do the K followup, but otherwise no. Its Horrible on block: -15 so even mitsu gets a BB. Most people expect the K, so you can do shenanigans post A hit, even though its slightly negative on hit, like -2 according to the oft-inaccurate wiki.

Interesting, it figures. I already kind of weaned all the worthless moves out of my game already.

LO A is useful.

Anyway there's MANY frame traps, i know them all, but there's too much to list. I suggest you start with the neutrals, as the stance ones get a bit more bulky cuz on block AND on hit, Maxi has interruptable/hard to interrupt shit. What you looking for specifically?

ps At neutral, 2A and 6A are primarily the better (more dynamic) interrupts.

Tactu, maxi's wiki is accurate for the most part...i edited a lot of it myself ;) just too lazy to go through comprehensively though

Tactu, maxi's wiki is accurate for the most part...i edited a lot of it myself ;) just too lazy to go through comprehensively though

Sorry man, didn't want to sound like i'm dissing your work. I got called out alot for quoting inaccurate data in the wiki, so i'm always careful now to not use it as canon.

LO A is useful.

Anyway there's MANY frame traps, i know them all, but there's too much to list. I suggest you start with the neutrals, as the stance ones get a bit more bulky cuz on block AND on hit, Maxi has interruptable/hard to interrupt shit. What you looking for specifically?

ps At neutral, 2A and 6A are primarily the better (more dynamic) interrupts.

I'm looking for a list not beginner things. Even if the tech trap is hard to pull off it's still useful to know when compared to simply not mentioning it.

One frame trap I don't take advantage of enough is the RC aA/aB moves on block. RC aA -> A is great and easy. RC aB is a little harder to train them for, but if you like to use 33b you can fool them with RC aB since even though they look the same, RC aB is +3 on block, whereas 33b is -2.

Unfortunately Tactu it's too easy to discern them both as separate attacks. After such attacks i usually cancel stance cuz i know my opponent is trying to anticipate my followup and counter accordingly. That's my style.

I think the reason u don't take adv of those traps though, is cuz those attacks are slow as balls. I do apply them from time to time.

Slaya
For beginners, start with neutral attacks for the time being. ALL of them. Taimat mentioned the more important ones i tihnk.

Johnny, Slaya isn't looking for beginners' frame traps. He is looking for more of the esoteric stuff/situational stuff.

Also, what about 33bA -> RC A from neutral? I feel like its significantly faster than the RC aA/aB transitions. I have my Crew here trained for the RC A after A+Bg, so I usually feel like I have time to do the RC aA/aB transitions, but they are quite slow.

Johnny, Slaya isn't looking for beginners' frame traps. He is looking for more of the esoteric stuff/situational stuff.

Also, what about 33bA -> RC A from neutral? I feel like its significantly faster than the RC aA/aB transitions. I have my Crew here trained for the RC A after A+Bg, so I usually feel like I have time to do the RC aA/aB transitions, but they are quite slow.

o i c

33bA and RC aA has pretty much the same data into RC. Only fast AAs interrupt RC A. RC aB -> BL B is pretty darn uninterruptable cuz BL B TCs however it is easily steppable. Either way those moves are basically safe on block so remember u're not commited to staying in loop and attack with RC

A+BG on hit RC A is a very good trap, and i use it often, some weird stuff can interrupt it though, like Lizardman's 66K, i'm not sure why.

I already been abusing the hell out of 33bA and I've started experimenting with a few others posted around but I'm trying to find one that suits my style. Oh yeah, I abuse A+BG too. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, I might have missed if someone said it or not but is LI a frame trap? I've never had anyone be able to retaliate fast enough after the attack hits.

It's a frame trap big time. It puts like +12 blockstun, so you can do almost anything and they can't react. I tend to try and throw, but that isn't guaranteed since they can still duck. Since It puts you in BL i'm thinking about PSL1 -> RC next time I play. Remember, ABC! :P

LI is hot sauce

everything from BL is uninterruptable basically

Food for thought...if opponent GIS LI consistently, remember cancel -> RO A is guaranteed, as well as cancel to LI K if u went to LI instead

LI is hot sauce

everything from BL is uninterruptable basically

Food for thought...if opponent GIS LI consistently, remember cancel -> RO A is guaranteed, as well as cancel to LI K if u went to LI instead

Way ahead of you on that one. But yeah, everything from BL seems guaranteed like you said.

Back