Maxi Frame Traps

ill try again tonight but it really wasnt working for me :(

how comes i can do tricky loops like
A+Bg PLS3 LI:g ROKA PSL3 ROA[K] A+G (surprisingly the ROKA PSL3 A[K] is pretty tricky, easier way to do something similar is aK PSL3 ROA[K] or ak PSL3 ROKA PSL3 RO etc you get the picture)
and recently
A+Bg PSL3 LI:g PSL3 LOK (which is fucking funny to do to someone that likes to try GI yor LI)

and cant do simple shit like LIBg BLA

maybe im just a spaz
ok tested i managed to get the results like 5 in 10 times doing exactly the same thing and to be prefectly honest for the work that goes in to it a BLA on NH (19damage and then everything is blockable) is not worth the risk i would rather hit with the first LIB_ and then mix up or :G cancel it to RO and play from there. there are good options from there imo

if someone tries to GI LI then :g PSL3 LOK or ROB
if someone stays blocking then :g ROK2A
if someone tries to atack :g ROAK
if someone hesitates :g ROKA_ROK[K] or cancel to netural then throw or PSL2 RC games.

then when someon sees you cancel it a lot and trys to attack then dont cancel it and laugh in there face.

i would maybe throw out that guarentied hit 1 every 10-15 matches if someone was expecting all other options.

risk > reward

twiggy it's really simple, mash A after doing the LI command.

After cancelling LI i stick with only RO A, B, G or LI B, K or A.

RO K is simply too slow for me. 2 back to back slow moves = suicide imo.

Johnny, are you against RO K period? It has so many followups after the K, if feels like a shame to not use. I don't use it much myself though, so maybe its self regulating in its crappiness. :)

twiggy it's really simple, mash A after doing the LI command.

After cancelling LI i stick with only RO A, B, G or LI B, K or A.

RO K is simply too slow for me. 2 back to back slow moves = suicide imo.

how is LI G > RO K any more risky than LI G > LI ? XD

Well i'm not so much against RO K in general really haha. It's just not for me, if it works for u, more power. I personally only use it for TJ i guess...too risky to use vs my competition, unless they're like super frozen. Easy to step, and easy to interrupt. The followups are ok.

Taimat
LI B is evasive :) and intimidating. I don't think i have ever done 2 LI s in a row though. The uncharged one yes.

I' never cancel LI B in RO. LI options are safe, does more damage and allows to re-press with LI B. RO K have several unsafe or interruptable options and offer less damages...

I' never cancel LI B in RO. LI options are safe, does more damage and allows to re-press with LI B. RO K have several unsafe or interruptable options and offer less damages...

Well, RO options are faster and... unsafer. =P

I personally like to do as much as can RO A, except from direct transitions (6A, 3B).

For me in order of payoff/utility it goes:
RC - ABC!
LI
RO
WL
LO
BL

I should use LO A more. It's super safe, low, and evades. It can really fuck with people expecting the LO B/K and it sets you up for more offense since its only -2 on hit, it has the K follow that can't be interrupted so people ALWAYS wait, and it moves you forward. It's like the opposite of RO A. It's heavily under used, its safetiness is underestimated, and it gets overlooked by the other options from that stance. As opposed to RO A which everyone uses like crazy, its safetiness is overestimated, and it tends to overshadow the other options from that stance.

LO should be around 3rd i think. CH BK-> combo and LO K do a lot of damage and substantial even on block.
LI gives best payoff overall with LI B, LI , LI K CH.

RO A's weakness is vs TC...ppl expect it, and they counter it, and when they counter it, they counter hard....and the payoff isn't there for landing RO AK on CH.

You think LI gives better payoff than RC? I'm loving LI, but I still like RC better, especially RC A and RC K versus tech.

And yeah, I totally underestimated LO BK with is awesome, and the LO A. And LO k is good once in a while. It's definitely above WL.

generally speaking I use LO (mostly from 4B) and RO (mostly from 44AB) as my frametrap options. once they stop eating that stuff I do shifts into LI or RC and use RC A/B and LI B/LI

LI definitely gives the most payoff (damage wise), RC is the most versatile stance and useful stance.

I also do what Taimat suggests. Very by the book i'd say

LI
LO (cause of mixup LO BK / PSL LI)
RC (evade, safeness)
BL (BL KK allows you to playin stance)
RO (... am i the only who doesn't find RO useful in SC4?)

One frame trap I don't take advantage of enough is the RC aA/aB moves on block. RC aA -> A is great and easy. RC aB is a little harder to train them for, but if you like to use 33b you can fool them with RC aB since even though they look the same, RC aB is +3 on block, whereas 33b is -2.

The 33aA and the follow ups are very fast, but the opponent only needs to be patient with it and block or use a 11i-13i move to interrupt after first hit. It only has one semi fast kk:k low option with a fast tech crouch, which is nice against players who start interrupting after the first hit with a high attack.

Since 33aA followups are fast it can also be cancelled quickly after first hit (high) leading into the move of your choice. Throws work well since they don't want to risk a failed low block when they discover how the move works. It will be hard to react to since their mind is already set on blocking.

3k, 2a, 33k. If 2a hits as counter 33k can not be interrupted with the following exceptions:

11i moves

Kinda of. I say that beacuse Amy's 6B and Taki's A are both 11i in their frame data here. Takis A goes through, but Amy's 6B is shared damage, still knocking her away doing much more damage to her. Maybe Amy's is actually 11,5I hehe.

3k, 2a, 33k. If 2a is regular hit 14i is needed to interrupt.

Found this out by accident while experimenting. Seems like a solid frame trap and ringout trick.

I had a similar issue with a different move ( 44AB ) in another situation I can't remember now. Could it because of the input on the 33k? I felt like I was losing a frame unless I inputted the 44 super fast.

3k, 2a, 33k. If 2a hits as counter 33k can not be interrupted with the following exceptions:

11i moves

Kinda of. I say that beacuse Amy's 6B and Taki's A are both 11i in their frame data here. Takis A goes through, but Amy's 6B is shared damage, still knocking her away doing much more damage to her. Maybe Amy's is actually 11,5I hehe.

3k, 2a, 33k. If 2a is regular hit 14i is needed to interrupt.

Found this out by accident while experimenting. Seems like a solid frame trap and ringout trick.

Taki's A is i10 not i11, that's why you're having that happen.

keep in mind that because 2A is neither a low or a mid it will nearly always land on CH unless it is used as a block punish

Back