Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

I think SC5 44B is now 3B, it's even better ! But the thing I liked the most here is the 33bA from SC4, hit high with a good RC transition... I loved that move in SC4. With how fast and tech crouch RC K is now, that's even better !

Couple of new items:

6+B,B,B seems to have some sort of auto GI/clash effect. Notice how X tried to hit Maxi in between the 1st and 2nd B and it looks like it got deflected?.

Same here for the first A in FC3+A,A

New guard crush/break that seems to transition to RO

CH RO+A,K now causes a Spin Stun instead of a hard knockdown
I think the reason that 6BBB beat out the Standing A from X was because Verts Crush Horizontals when dealing with clash scenarios. and Maxi was in a string so he didnt get recoiled out the animation like in SCV. If Maxi Were to Do RC A and Clashed with a opponent using a Horizontal on the same frame theyd clash but maxi would power through and blast with full string.

I think SC5 44B is now 3B, it's even better ! But the thing I liked the most here is the 33bA from SC4, hit high with a good RC transition... I loved that move in SC4. With how fast and tech crouch RC K is now, that's even better !
yes actually im hyped for this because @Marginal Sensei was talking about the potential of this move awhile back and wanting it.

@Saitoh but yo another great takeaway at least for how i play maxi is that Air Hit CE. i do alot of 3K pokes and one of my goto things in V was to Confirm air hits and try to land a 6A+B while they were falling IE, if i land 3K in the air you can sneak a 6A+B in and hit them. so if this is the case and with CE being 1 Button....Potential for wonkey CE confirms are nasty. Also something i forgot to mention being pretty nasty. Maxi's fast transition into RC from his While Landing A. its really quick and i see that being pretty fun get in tool, better yet tool in general. I LOVE MAXI HAVING ACTUAL LOWS!!!!

Nice Vid. Ty. Didn't see anything new.

First thing the PINGS on Maxi Stance rotations NEED TO GO.
- The Game now looks like a polished SC3.. its the same camera.
- The UI looks SC3 ugly.
- A,A ~ "RC B" is now "SC5 66B crush" into Li
- Li K is now [Ro K, K or K, A]
- Ro K is now SC3 Star Gale. Flying Kick
- SC3/4 Dragon Backfist 6B,B into Ro.. :sc2maxi1:
- WL K ...Mid. - WL A ..Low.
- SC5 3A is now WR A "Water Cutter" into BL. [Needs PsL 3:sc2maxi1:]
- "Backfist Ceremony." - "Tiger Slaughter." - "236 K." - 33/99 B "Mark of The Beast."
- SC2/4 3A [Lotus] into BL.. [Needs PsL 3:sc2maxi1:]
- SC5 44B
- SC2/4 236 B
- SC5 WR B+K & cancels into RO.:sc2maxi1:
- All RC A loops into BL. :sc2maxi1:
- Li B is now [SC5 Li A]
- Li A ~ RC A, A > Li A [infinite loop] [RC A, B old] [RC A, A new]
- New RC A. Transition into BL

- Weavering Lights Gi is back.
[A is SC4 Low] [B is SC5 BL B B] [K is SC3&4 Guillotine Kick]
- Im expecting you can still Wavering Lights into [B+K] Fury. You Can Wavering Lights Gi into Super...LMAO

- 4A+B is launcher still there
- A+B is now charge-able. Doesn't crush. Second hit is hold/chargeable
- 44K Low is in. - 88 A is in. - 4A+B is in. - 66B+K is in.
- LO A is the same
- LO K is now sC5 LI K
- RC K is now 33/99 K
- All SC2/3/4 Illusion Kicks are in. including [new Ak variation]
- SC2/4 Return of Fear [33B] into BL & Striking Fear [33Ba] into RC.
- SC2/4 Nunchaku Lick[3B+K] is now SC6 [1B]

- SC2/3/4 Snake Scythe 1A & Scythe Fang. WR 1A, B. L,H
- SC2 Serpent's Bind is back
- Its a SC4/2 Maxi Toolkit With SC5 Power-Polish
- SC3/4 Lotus 3A
- SC2/3 3B+K

On Soul Charge:
- SCV BE 6A+B major range increase goes into BL K, K
- 66A SC2 [TigerPounce]
- WR A+B SC2[6A+B] into BL
- Maxi Trailer: Soul Charge: 6A Ro A, A[SC4 6A+B], BL K, K

Maxi's Super should end in SC2 6A+B
Maxi should have SC3 Kiliks Taunt

This is SC4 Maxi with NEW RC B and SC5 PowerPolish. Im expecting *PsL 3 is Mandatory

Still waiting to see:
PsL LO>RO 8 way-walk.
SC2: B2
*PsL 3 is Mandatory
PsL4[Li] & PsL5[Ro]
236 A "Dandy's Surprise

Its amazing that I havnt got my hands on this demo yet.. and I see so much Over Powered Ridiculous-ness.
VideoFrame CE and Soulcharge :)
- Example you can Juggle, launch, lift opponents
then Soulcharge and use/waste your Meter FURY melting them with chip damage. same with 4B6 next to wall.
- New Hotness Jump avoid that 2A spam, WL K into CE what a punish.
- While landing K, "4A+B close to wall", "New Li K,k", "OTG", "SC2 44K, k", "Auto-Gi"..... All into CE
ITS ALL TO GOing TO BE TRUE its getting patched

it so not staying in the game..
They removed SC5 Maxi Auto-Gi into Free UB. 2 week after the game came out.
They even patched his SC5 33A hard knockdown

Last edited:
@[U]SC_Yin "It does that because it's an aGI." [/U]
Yes you are Brilliant let your opponent know to not mashout buttons when they hear the "PING".

Wow so I actually have to explain why giving your opponent a Visual and "Audio Warning" not to mashout a button is Bad idea.
As for me I don't need the PINGS I KNOW what stances Im in. "I Guess its for the Youngling"

Maxi is a Pattern Fighter if you can read his flow, the more random mixups you have to do. [Psl3 is mandatory]
Same reason I don't put up over-extensive in combat stance rotation vids; Because, once you see learn and maybe in your case "IMITATE" those patterns it becomes harder to Stance fight opponents.

So letting my opponent know that with 2 Audio Pings, Im putting myself into Ro Stance is a bad idea.
"Wait for the Audio-Q, because he is changing stances".
Great... an Audio Ping means my next move is more powerful,
so if I know Maxi's next move in stance doesn't "Guard Crush" I can RE or Gi it. Ty for the early Warning Ping

Anyhow I really wanted BL A to be Tiger Pounce, "That would be Balanced-OverPowered"
I question why RC K wasn't put in as SC2 LI K.. because it "Crushed on hold" or Created-Perfect.. 6A+B or Fury window

FACT:
GI into CE is going to get trolly..:)
Im noticing that is sounds like alot of you avoided playing SC4 Maxi.
@HRD, he played SC4 Maxi and should understand why PsL 3 is Mandatory in a no meter GI world.
SC6 RC is the NEW HotNESS.

Last edited:
@[U]SC_Yin "It does that because it's an aGI." [/U]
Yes you are Brilliant let your opponent know to not mashout buttons when they hear the "PING".

Wow so I actually have to explain why giving your opponent a Visual and "Audio Warning" not to mashout a button is Bad idea.
As for me I don't need the PINGS I KNOW what stances Im in. "I Guess its for the Youngling"

Maxi is a Pattern Fighter if you can read his flow, the more random mixups you have to do. [Psl3 is mandatory]
Same reason I don't put up over-extensive in combat stance rotation vids; Because, once you see learn and maybe in your case "IMITATE" those patterns it becomes harder to Stance fight opponents.

So letting my opponent know that with 2 Audio Pings, Im putting myself into Ro Stance is a bad idea.
"Wait for the Audio-Q, because he is changing stances".
Great... an Audio Ping means my next move is more powerful,
so if I know Maxi's next move in stance doesn't "Guard Crush" I can RE or Gi it. Ty for the early Warning Ping

Anyhow I really wanted BL A to be Tiger Pounce, "That would be Balanced-OverPowered"
I question why RC K wasn't put in as SC2 LI K.. because it "Crushed on hold" or Created-Perfect.. 6A+B or Fury window

FACT:
GI into CE is going to get trolly..:)
Im noticing that is sounds like alot of you avoided playing SC4 Maxi.
@HRD, he played SC4 Maxi and should understand why PsL 3 is Mandatory in a no meter GI world.
SC6 RC is the NEW HotNESS.

u r bad at SC huh?

So we gonna talk about how 6B WL! CE is a half life OTG psudo-combo that is safe on block if it can be blocked in that situation into Right Outer...also noticed Maxi CE has a break attack property on it LMAO.

@ 1:17 the new Maxi BnB off that young CH Right Outer B LO B RC AB?? Li A? RC B?

Not playing SCIV Maxi was the smart bet.
Almost every character had their worst version in SCIV...in terms of fun factor, hell, Maxi was simplified even further in SCV yet he was more fun to play as in V than IV.
anyways, back to topic, I'm glad they're giving Maxi a lot of his old moves and hopefully stances back, he's not just fun to play as, but his matches are fun to look at, regardless where he is on the tier list.

Back