Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

Sc4 Maxi was More Fun and Harder to Play.

SC5Maxi has the Weakest Series ToolKit.
SC5Maxi was giving Power and Polish[Simplification]. Its a lot easier to Win with SC5Maxi.
"66B and BL B,b and 6A+B and LI A"

Now in SC6.. You have a SC4Maxi Foundation with SC5 Power Tools.
Changing:
- SC4 RC B [Mark of the Beast] to RC B into LI A. "Powerful Change"
- Well we all know Maxi's 6A+B has always been a series issue; but, now its Dragon Brand. "Good Damage, Safe Frames"
- BL B now being a Singlestrike SC4 RO B, on CH gives combo. Power-Polish.

4-Moves take SC4Maxi from Zero to Hero.
now add "OTG", "Auto Gi", "Break Attack" ..... All into CE that goes into RO on Block.... :sc2maxi1::)

Anyhow:
PSL 3 is in SC4Maxi Foundation, so Namco removing it would make no sense.
I really wanted BL A to be Tiger Pounce, "That would be Balanced-OverPowered" or at least SC5 44A.
I question why RC K wasn't put in as SC2 LI K.. because it "Crushed on hold" or Created-Perfect.. 6A+B or Fury window.

Last edited:
Still waiting to see:
PsL LO>RO 8 way-walk.
SC2: B2
*PsL 3 is Mandatory
236 A "Dandy's Surprise
Standing BB [venom wings] I hope they change it ??
3B lift... ??
Tiger Slaughter??
"Hope" WS B+K cancels into Ro
236 K

Some things of note in this vid personally his CE sometimes does a weird shit where it just bounces them and ALSO peep off the CH 33B HEIGHT when you PSL1 and do BL B it bounds them to the ground it also Bounds them into W! i sucked at the point of recording this one it was earlier on my first day but maxi has hella potential gonna do a full write up on my experience at CEO after i finish dumping the rest of the Maxi Footage i got. Guys its at least 2hrs worth of Maxi Gameplay.

i'm personally holding judgement until much closer to the release.

maxi in SCIV was the most fun you can have in a video game, shit tier, generally horrific frames but omg the fun was off the chart.
maxi in SCV was IMO the most boring pile of crap ever....... every charicter got made simpler in 5 and maxi was like someone too him and hit him with the dumbdown bat untill he was basicly a 5 move charicter. for this he was initially rewarded with some insane damage (which also eventyally got nurfed down abit too) but in general he was so yawn.

tbh 5 pretty much killed my will to play SC and i went from being extremely active (in game and on here) during SCIV to dropping off the radar in SCV

like i said when i watched the very first video, he looks like a 2/4/5 hybrid, im preying that we have all PSL back especially PSL3 as that is one of the best mix up PSL available due to unexpected switch and odd stance rotations depending from when you start your PSL.

at the moment there seems to be a lot of goofy stuff that will (or should) be patched. im also in agreement that i dont want stance changes to make noise, why should they.

I dont really care if he is good i just want him to be fun, viable would be nice but im not gonna hold my breath. fingers crossed he will be as fun as SCIV

@twiggywales

Don't Be Like Me by Speaking The Truth.

Im waiting for all of IRM Vids. Before I share "My Maxi Truth" on his current SC6 state. Right now he looks only 50% complete to me.

New Vid:

Seeing Geralt fight shows that Raphael is going to be Beast if its an [UpgradedSC4RaphVersion]
??Geralt has Steps and a Roll??

Last edited:
Can someone post a list of his stance moves? I used to think I knew them but they shuffled some things around.

So I got from PartyWolf:

RC A - A or B followup, goes back into which stance? RC A goes into BL?? wow. RC AA into LI looks like. RC AA is a Break Attack.
RC B - break attack SCV 66B, goes into LI
RC K - SCV 33K

RO A ~BL? - same as usual. RO A(K) is a Break Attack.
RO B ~LO - mid that goes into LO, like SC2?
RO K - SCIV LO K

BL KK - same as usual
BL B ~RC - SCIV RO B
BL A - SCV BL A

LI K - SCV RO KK
LI A - SCIV WR A
LI B - SCV LI A

LO K - SCV LI K
LO BK - same as usual
LO AK - same as usual?

WL A - SC3 3A+B
WL BB - SCV BL BB
WL KK - SCIV 22KK I think? (Scissor Kick)

And then these new or returning moves, their transitions?:

1B is going into LO?
SCV 6B ~LO

Last edited:
It's Not Enough!
These are My Concerns and Issues:
To Me SC6 Maxi is currently not even 50% complete. SC6 RC B is the NEW HotNESS dont get BLINDED by it.

- WR B+K "Doesnt Bounce" on CH. and if Namco doesnt want to give bounce fine at least give the same SC6 BL B[SC4 RO B] CH properties.
- The Removal of 8B+K & 2B+K.. is MADDNESS. "This alone tells me Im maining Someone Else in SC6: [SC3:AETira] [SC2Talim] [Taki] [Raphael] [Zasa] [Kilik]"
- "Mantis Lunge" The Block Stun and Forced Movement on 236 B is garbage.
- We are back to punishing with 66B+K"Dragon Cannon".. lololol"Range and Back-Steppers"lololol. [Best SC5Maxi Move "Stampede Wave" 66B into Li. "Miss it Already"]
- No Dandy Surprise.. I was expecting a Soulcharged-Version with guaranteed OTG BL K, K ender for 7Hit string. "Dandy of The Seas, I Dont Sea it"
- B, A, K. not knocking down is CRAZY. unless A+B[serpent's pleasure] followup is a free hit. "Dragon Bite doesnt KNOCKDOWN/no WALL SPLAT." CRAZY
- Falling Dragon Variation??
- Still no Stance Command Grab?? "just use SC2 Maxi vs Astra intro"
- The loss of Li B "Canyon Carve" is a big deal, dont get blinded by the new Li A "Purity Cross" Because it COMBOS.. I too like the way it looks Styling.
SC6 Li A"Purity Cross" is in its current state out of nostalgia for SC1/2 because SC6 is a prequel.
In SC4 "Purity Cross" is a WR A punish and it was useful.
"Canyon Carve" was about "Movement and Intimidation". creating Whiffs & Dodging were BONUS.
- :sc2maxi1:Now OLD SCHOOL Li B "Canyon Carve". Just make it [an A+B input] in Li Stance "FIXED" or better yet leave SC5 Li inputs the same and make "Purity Cross" [an A+B input] in Li Stance. "FIXED":sc2maxi1:

[:sc2maxi1:Tangent: Currently in SC6 WR A is "Water Cutter" HotNess. It would be OP Styling With PsL3]

:sc2maxi1:My Improvement List:
- Old BL A should be changed: BL A should be SC5 44A[White Polar Lights] or SC2 66A[Tiger Pounce]OP. Even nonstance 88A"Northern Lights[Reverse]" would be fine.
- Fury[JustFrame] last A should end in "Water cutter": Sc5: 3A into Li. Current [JF] Fury doesnt even give you "Backfist Ceremony"
- SC4 33bA is back "Cobra's Temple" on CH needs crumble stun or Stun spin. into RC
- 33A "Striking Snake" CH hard knockdown or Stun Spin
- SC6 RC K should be SC2/4 LI K.."Wheel Kick".:sc2maxi1: because it "Crushed on hold" or Created-Perfect.. 6A+B or Fury window [SC2Soulcharge LI K CH Properties]
- 22K, k "Water Slice" is back and it should have :sc2maxi1:SC4 Dragon Star JF "K,K,K"
- Nunchaku Lick should have an [A+B input-version] only in BL and RC Stance. "Like with SC4Maxi" or even SC3 Ankle Breaker.
- [SC3,4 Serpent's Breath 44B] = [SC2 Serpent's Breath B2] "Great Aggressive ReverseGi Bait"
- SC6 RO B Hit Sucks. :sc2maxi1:SC5 Hydra Talons[RO-B into Rc] is Mandatory.. Hit&CH needed.
- SC6/4/2 WR B "RBU" should launch/lift on hit{like new SC6 3B}... "Greedy" but if there are no more PsLs oh well need it.

- :sc2maxi1:*PsL 3 is Mandatory.*:sc2maxi2:
Im Tired of Saying it. If you dont know what PsL3 is for Maxi, your just a Groupie, a Fanboy, a Fluffer.
SC4 FunFact: "PsL3-purple" Gi'ed A's. same with "Ro A-purple" Gi'ed A's. No Pings

- The loss of PSL 4[Li] & 5[Ro] is a TRAVESTY to Maxi.
The Removal of Psl Jumps invalidates My SoulCalibur Name. I chose the name Dustbuster on; SC1Maxi: Back-JumpPSL 4[Li]. because Everytime he Stance Jumped there was a Gust of Dust At his Feet and also Li B Smash.

If Maxi doesnt have Movement in SC6.. Second Best is Ninja Taki, stay in PO Stance forever with movement/dodge skills.
Hell I might turn traitor and play Yoshi.. he is Styling now and Steals Meter :)
and it looking like I might Main Tira[if UpgradedSC3:AE-version], Taki or Talim[if UpgradedSC2version]

There might be an ODD SCseries curse going on because this SC6Maxi looks like his trolling with SC3Maxi.
NewFan Friendly First at a cost to Veterans that can see he is {Turned Into}Watered-Down for pick-up and play with Overly Simplified Polish.
If you didn't like SC4Maxi you will be playing a lacking version of him in SC6 with Simplification and Sc5 PowerPolish.
Pre-SCV release I was excited about SCV Maxi Power-Up..and forgave the Lack of PSLs. I Was Blinded by New 66B and Li B Damage. Maxi never had safe Damage since SC2 6A+B.
But in SC6 Every Character is Buffed Up... With AAA/BBB mash strings to invite new players(Cancer)

Love this current version of SC6Maxi. His Not Finished.. Missing a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRM
It's Not Enough!
These are My Concerns and Issues:
To Me SC6 Maxi is currently not even 50% complete. SC6 RC B is the NEW HotNESS dont get BLINDED by it.

- WR B+K "Doesnt Bounce" on CH. and if Namco doesnt want to give bounce fine at least give the same SC6 BL B[SC4 RO B] CH properties.
- The Removal of 8B+K & 2B+K.. is MADDNESS. "This alone tells me Im maining Someone Else in SC6: [SC3:AETira] [SC2Talim] [Taki] [Raphael] [Zasa] [Kilik]"
- "Mantis Lunge" The Block Stun and Forced Movement on 236 B is garbage.
- We are back to punishing with 66B+K"Dragon Cannon".. lololol"Range and Back-Steppers"lololol. [Best SC5Maxi Move "Stampede Wave" 66B into Li. "Miss it Already"]
- No Dandy Surprise.. I was expecting a Soulcharged-Version with guaranteed OTG BL K, K ender for 7Hit string. "Dandy of The Seas, I Dont Sea it"
- B, A, K. not knocking down is CRAZY. unless A+B[serpent's pleasure] followup is a free hit. "Dragon Bite doesnt KNOCKDOWN/no WALL SPLAT." CRAZY
- Falling Dragon Variation??
- Still no Stance Command Grab?? "just use SC2 Maxi vs Astra intro"
- The loss of Li B "Canyon Carve" is a big deal, dont get blinded by the new Li A "Purity Cross" Because it COMBOS.. I too like the way it looks Styling.
SC6 Li A"Purity Cross" is in its current state out of nostalgia for SC1/2 because SC6 is a prequel.
In SC4 "Purity Cross" is a WR punish and it was useful.
"Canyon Carve" was about movement and intimidation. creating Whiffs & Dodging were BONUS.
- :sc2maxi1:Now OLD SCHOOL Li B "Canyon Carve". Just make it [an A+B input] in Li Stance "FIXED" or better yet leave SC5 Li inputs the same and make "Purity Cross" [an A+B input] in Li Stance. "FIXED"

[:sc2maxi1:Tangent: Currently in SC6 WR A is "Water Cutter" HotNess. It would be Op Styling With PsL3]

:sc2maxi1:My Improvement List:
- Old BL A should be changed: BL A should be SC5 44A[White Polar Lights] or SC2 66A[Tiger Pounce]OP. Even nonstance 88A"Northern Lights[Reverse]" would be fine.
- Fury[JustFrame] last A should end in "Water cutter": Sc5: 3A into Li. Current JF Fury doesnt even give you "Backfist Ceremony"
- SC4 33bA is back "Cobra's Temple" on CH needs crumble stun or Stun spin. into RC
- 33A "Striking Snake" CH hard knockdown or Stun Spin
- SC6 RC K should be SC2/4 LI K.."Wheel Kick".:sc2maxi1: because it "Crushed on hold" or Created-Perfect.. 6A+B or Fury window [SC2Soulcharge LI K CH Properties]
- 22K, k "Water Slice" is back and it should have :sc2maxi1:SC4 Dragon Star JF "K,K,K"
- Nunchaku Lick Should have an [A+B input-version] only in BL and RC Stance. Like with SC4Maxi or even SC3 Ankle Breaker.
- [SC3,4 Serpent's Breath 44B] = [SC2 Serpent's Breath B2] "Great Aggressive ReverseGi Bait"
- SC6 RO B Hit Sucks. :sc2maxi1:SC5 Hydra Talons[RO-B into Rc] is Mandatory.. Hit&CH needed.
- SC6/4/2 WR B "RBU" should launch/lift on hit{like new 3B}... "Greedy" but if there are no more Psls oh well.

- :sc2maxi1:*PsL 3 is Mandatory.*:sc2maxi2:
Im Tired of Saying it. If you dont know what PsL3 is for Maxi, your just a Groupie, a Fanboy, a Fluffer.
SC4 FunFact: "PsL3-purple" Gi'ed A's. same with "Ro A-purple" Gi'ed A's. No Pings

- The loss of PSL 4[Li] & 5[Ro] is a TRAVESTY to Maxi.
The Removal of Psl Jumps invalidates My SoulCalibur Name. I chose the name Dustbuster on; SC1Maxi: Back-JumpPSL 4[Li]. because Everytime he Stance Jumped there was a Gust of Dust At his Feet and also Li B Smash.

If Maxi doesnt have Movement in SC6.. Second Best is Ninja Taki, stay in PO Stance forever with movement/dodge skills.
Hell I might turn traitor and play Yoshi.. he is Styling now and Steals Meter :)
and it looking like I might Main Tira[if UpgradedSC3:AE-version], Taki or Talim[if UpgradedSC2version]

There might be an ODD SCseries curse going on because this SC6Maxi looks like his trolling with SC3Maxi.
NewFan Friendly First at a cost to Veterans that can see he is {Turned Into}Watered-Down for pick-up and play with Overly Simplified Polish.
If you didn't like SC4Maxi you will be playing a lacking version of him in SC6 with Simplification and Sc5 PowerPolish.
Pre-SCV release I was excited about SCV Maxi Power-Up..and forgave the Lack of PSLs. I Was Blinded by New 66B and Li B Damage. Maxi never had safe Damage since SC2 6A+B.
But in SC6 Every Character is Buffed Up... With AAA/BBB mash strings to invite new players(Cancer)

Love this current version of SC6Maxi. His Not Finished.. Missing a lot.
A lot of ur qualms are invalidated by my latest upload

WIll give detailed response cause apt of what u want is in

Back