Maxi General Discussion

Favorite lows for me are
1K -> FC 3AAA -> 2KK -> LO A in that order i guess, 1A is honorable mention

WS A knockback is dependent on how they angle at which it hits. DUe to it's evasive nature, you can end up hitting opponent in the front, side, or back and they all may vary on the distance of the knockback.I don't suggest using RC options afterward, they're all avoidable and high risk even if you're in range for the RC B., best to regroup I guess.

4ABG -> mix 236A (major damage if they stay down), 66B+K and tech trap with delayed 66A. It's his best punisher for Mitsu's 2KB.

You can do interesting stuff like 4AB4G psl2 RC mixups cuz RC A is uninterruptable on tech.

6A+B, 2B+KB is gauranteed after mitsu's 2KB. Better than B+KBBBA simply because B+KBBBA is so unreliable to hit consistantly. Not sure but I think its even a few more damage points as well.

Really, that works? I'm guessing you mean 6A+Bg right? I didn't think you could land 2B+K,B after a 6A+Bg because of distance and I thought the opponent would be able to tech before that. Anyhow if that works, how much damage is it? I might consider using that instead of 4AB and tech trap options as punishment, step punishment.

Really none of this info is new.
sidegrab into techtrap Bl kk is laughable. thats not the techtrap its, sidegrab A+K into B+KGi b,b,A, then B+K. if they floor-roll instead sidegrab (A+K puts u in Lo) input B for floor damage. they wake up or u loop low instead. Basic maxi loopin. iam i the only one who likes heavy pureloop fighting:)

There are only three kinds of maxi players:

POKE HEAVY: 1K, 4B, 3K. Ro A, K. grab heavy style. Playing a SuperSafe Maxi for tours and pros that know and understand his stances.

MASHERS: a masher will psl, hit any button and pray for a hit. mashers have no control. mashers tap K in a panic to stop maxis loops.

PURELOOPING: a purelooper loves dancing around scrubs in stances evading their moves and counter while looping. pureloopers hate blocking or being on the defensive, a pureloopers hates grabbing unless its off a combostun or stance transitions, a purelooper will do almost all of maxis moves in a fight just to see how their opponent reacts, "a purelooper ALWAYS wants to be flashy and puts on a show-FACT." a purelooper does a lot of unnecessary moves:). a purelooper doesnt play supersafe so 2A will interupt them unless they know how to use autoAGi stances and psls.

Need New:
wall splash combos.
Juggles for people who air control. 3Blaunch - Ro B boring. 3Blaunch - Ro A, psl RC K, oldschool.

Fun Facts:
Ro B on normal hit gives free 3A stun. (i dont understand why B,B. the second B input doesnt give this stun)SC3 style.
2B+K, B mix up is useful.
33A is awesome reaction bait.
2K,K into 236 K Flows Well, not sure about frames thought.
You can create a free RO A AutoAGi off of 236 A. "not explaining"

whatever im just ranting now, GoldenBoy said it best, "This is ssooo educational" :)LoL

What is your favorite low with Maxi BESIDES 1K?... Oh and one other question for you Maxi gurus like Kvasir and Hotnikklez: What affects the distance WS A knocks the opponent back?... Is there anything guaranteed after 4A6Bg?... Is there any better punishment Maxi can do after a blocked Mitsu 2K,B BESIDES B+KBBB:A?

I'd say 1A and 2B+K would be my favorite lows outside 1K. 1A is just solid. 2B+KB is relaible against grounded and it can be used in mix-ups against certain characters. Almost all of Maxi's lows are decent though.

Don't have much to add to what Nikklez said about WR A. It's usually better to wait out the transistion to neutral than to throw out an attack from RC.

After 4ABg - A+Bg is guaranteed. 66A catches all tech. 66B+K catches all but right. 236A and 2B+K punish playing dead.

4AB, LO B is what I use to punish that, but I doubt there is anything better than B+K for damage.

Would somebody here mind explaining to me why even some 8wr members consider a+bG 'mixups' online to be legit? It's pretty fucking annoying now...

Cool - when twisted starts moaning about me being too pro with my 1A 66B madness, that's what I'll say - thnx bubbles! :D

A+Bg is NOT legit??? I dont know how they play there in your 3rd world country, but A+Bg mixups are just fine. Give us a break, we have very limited tools as it is! mwwuuaahahaha

HRD

There aren't A+Bg mix-ups. Are you blocking it then getting hit by RC A because of lag?
If so then that's fucked up. You get a little chunk of blockstun then over 20 frames to interrupt. Just use damn near any mid that's not vertical and you get free damage. If you're in lag so severe you can't accomplish this then it's not going to be a 'legit' match no matter what.

There aren't A+Bg mix-ups. Are you blocking it then getting hit by RC A because of lag?
If so then that's fucked up. You get a little chunk of blockstun then over 20 frames to interrupt. Just use damn near any mid that's not vertical and you get free damage. If you're in lag so severe you can't accomplish this then it's not going to be a 'legit' match no matter what.

That's the problem though, in a lot of 4 bar matches A+Bg DOES become a mixup on block lol. You see that A+Bg and block it and before you can even think to 2A, RC A wrecks your face. Or if you do block, they do slow ass RC K and you still won't block it because the lag is that bad. Then you got people like Dustbuster who will do shit like A+Bg on block PSL1 into RO A, BL KK type BS lol.

PSLs transitions should be faster.
All PSLs should auto-A,Gi which would make having B+KGi senseable.
"people like Dustbuster" Please no one attempts to mix anything online 90% of maxi players arent even creative, thats the sad part. Play safe offline, have fun online.

PSL 2 Has a nice backstep and 4&5 step nicely. I think only PSL3 should keep an AGI but to all highs and mids like voldo's BS A+B, then exaggerate his steps in the other PSL series. This way, he'd have pretty good mixup in his stances that still require you to think, but reward you more often for taking a risk - Christ knows he needs the buff...

just saw the demo vid. BB, BB, super BB,. what ever who cares.. im liking the ex idea more so for maxi and loopin, exspecially if it can increase loop/stance transition speed. whatever game still looks like a poke fest, guess thats what swords do.

PSLs transitions should be faster.
All PSLs should auto-A,Gi which would make having B+KGi senseable.
"people like Dustbuster" Please no one attempts to mix anything online 90% of maxi players arent even creative, thats the sad part. Play safe offline, have fun online.

Play safe offline and have fun online? I take that as 'play legit offline, use BS online that wouldn't work offline'. Dude seriously, can we get some vids of you doing all this 'fun' stuff offline against the Canadians? I'm dying to see how you do all this fun looping against them and still manage to win.

Reactions: HRD
I came in here to discuss something, forgot what...

Involved nunchucks and I get mad when I think about it.

Sup, everyone.

Reactions: HRD
Back