Maxi General Q&A

i believe it does go to BL on hit. I'm pretty sure WR B+K is pretty much like LI B, except i don't think it has the early cancel to LI (all cancels go to RO). I'm not sure about frames though. WR B+K cancels pretty quick, but i'm not sure if its totally safe. LI B is just not safe at all, you gotta guess your way out of punishment.

2 more days i dont need to be confused...
player 1 side: New Li B on hit goes back into Li.. Old WRB+K Li B on hit goes into BL.

That how i see things..
so what the new chase move for people who step back, it cant be RC B??? fuck.

for back steppers:
-6A, 66B, or 66B+K if you're out of stance.
- If you're in stance.... well try not to put yourself in a position where this happens, lol. You can always WL. LO B still has good range, and RC A has decent range (though not as good as old RC A).

FC 3A is almost broken in SC5. Tracking is back to SC2 status, recovery is downright insane, and it basically sets up everything. For you noobs that don't know what SC2 status is, it means it tracks damn near 100%.....totally unlike SC4, where FC 3A was the weakest it's ever been. After playing this game for 2 days straight now I can say that Maxi is finally back.

Dustbuster: Yeah sometimes it is a challenge getting in on folks. But now that the movement is so damn good it's a lot easier than it was in SC4. Plus the run forward speed seems to have been beefed up for every character. All I know is that once you're in, Maxi can wreak havoc. An interesting move sometimes to throw out at mid range is 44K. Puts the opponent in force crouch, TJs (even though TJs aren't as good in here as they were in SC4 but thank God for that!), and gives advantage on block. You'll be in force crouch too but at least you have advantage.

Hotnikklez: Oosaka was totally right about WS A, doesn't TC at all. I keep ducking things and instinctively doing WS A because of SC4's WS A and getting hit out of it with highs. Gotta get used to doing WS B. Makes me wonder if WS B+K stays TC throughout it's animation?

Hotnikklez: Oosaka was totally right about WS A, doesn't TC at all. I keep ducking things and instinctively doing WS A because of SC4's WS A and getting hit out of it with highs. Gotta get used to doing WS B. Makes me wonder if WS B+K stays TC throughout it's animation?

Hmmm interesting. Well we're not commited to doing WS, we need to get into the habit of doing 6A+B from crouch, because that seems to be FC all the way through. WS B being high is a bummer :-/

WS B+K isn't chargeable right? what about the tracking? that's the most important thing I think.

Barry, start talking! spill your guts

edit:
BTW, I think everyone is going to whore FC 3A for all it's worth in this game. Safe, horizontal low with good range and setups. People may be yelling broke soon :) How much damage does it do? 10 per hit. RO shifts are going to be super important in this game. Too bad we don't have RO <-> LO anymore

all i need to know is if maxi in FC can 6A+B???
3A against stepper is godly dont have tha game yet but i can tell
LO can neutral shift into RO

Confirmed.

No this is not possible. LO recovers/transitions to RC before Maxi can block.

@Hot: I've already started compiling data for a comprehensive guide which is why I've been so quiet. I'm currently working on the guard crush section and what are the best options for maximum damage.

3A against stepper is godly dont have tha game yet but i can tell

3A still has same crap range. It's one of the moves that reminds me most of SC4 Maxi, one where once you get it blocked you have to guess your way out of damage. This SC5 Maxi is good because with most of his moves now he doesn't have to take that risk. He's either beating your ass or if you block, he's still safe.

6A+B from crouch or step is tha shiznit! TC the whole way through. Plus I was playing Manta's Voldo and every time he went BT up close I could beat out all his scariest options, BS autoGI and BT 1A with 6A+B.

22KK/A mixup seems safe, even the low is safe unlike before. 1A has some weird property on hit where when it hits it spaces you out making followup attacks hard to land.

22A into LI A seems totally uninterruptable on block. Was testing that against Tag and she couldn't even 2A before that LI A came out. So once you get that in people's heads they might stay blocking allowing you to use LI K there which gives you frames on block to continue attacking.

I gotta try out WS B+K a little more, I'm just not used to doing it as a WS move.

Anyway I can name my top moves now:
4BB
1B
FC 3A
6A+B
44B
RO B (for CH combos)
66B+K
66A
RC A,B

*slaps Dustbuster AND Dave*
You guys should know better. All moves beginning with 4_6_7_8_9 can be done from crouch, even 8WR moves.

@dustbuster
What is this neutral shift from LO -> RO that you speak of? LO neutral shift goes to RC.

bah....barry beat me to it.
Work barry work! :D

@Krayzie
How dare you make a list without LI A. I've never been a fan of 66B+K, I probably will never use it in this game either

Too many good moves to list I think. 6A and all seems better now too. This Maxi is going to be more fun. His shit looks more manly, and they hurt.

bah....barry beat me to it.
Work barry work! :D

@Krayzie
How dare you make a list without LI A. I've never been a fan of 66B+K, I probably will never use it in this game either

Too many good moves to list I think. 6A and all seems better now too. This Maxi is going to be more fun. His shit looks more manly, and they hurt.

6A definitely has to be on that list.

yeah sorry i got confused Psl3 is gone.. yep its neutral shift Lo to RC.

@KCD..
Anyway I can name my top moves now:
4BB
1B
FC 3A
6A+B
44B
RO B (for CH combos)
66B+K
66A

i think everyones going to have the same list...
Hoping Just Guard into 236 K works cause the damage on that move is nice now super nice
1A on hit setups up nice for WR B or bait out reaction to get a free CE. are there any other LoWss???? Any.

and my 3A:)... on hit shakeable so what ,
i have Li A for power,
i have waving light for safety,
i have psls for mix ups,
i have neutral BL(BE) while you try to shake outs of it on hit:)

Do you still need to guess your way out of damage after 6A on block and normal hit, and is it still easy to CH confirm into RO A?

Back