Maxi General Q&A

I'd rather see WL gone. To me it's just a half-assed way of making up for stances sucking most of the time, and it encourages a play style that is way too guess-oriented for my tastes. I say ditch WL and improve the stances and set-ups. Something like WL shouldn't be necessary to make opponents think twice about attacking Maxi during a stance.

WHAT .... HELL NO were keeping that, I just require an AGi version. Seriously Love It

Waving Lights is the shit am i the only one that abuse its/ knows how to set it up as a Trap???
:)Stance Gi. ;) A+BGi like SC4 B+KGi:)
Just give me WL A+BGi that counters A and does a random beat down like Mitsu sword Gi And im unpokeable out of looping:) lololol

Waving Lights is an Offensive Defensive Move: For Looping ShowmanShip:) Thats Me Bitches:) lol
SC2: BL B with Guard Crush and into stance:)
While Landing B that Guard Crushes. SC5: 9B
right now While Landing K is not intimidating enough.

Another issue People shakin out of maxi stuns
shaking out of a crouching Full charged 2A+B is BULLSHIT in my opinion.
3A is even worse High Risk but shakeable, when block your punished hard

WuHT:
Why can't there be a happy medium? Giving him a few safe non-stance pokes and NCs to help him get the stance game going won't necessarily discourage use of the stances. He'd probably need them anyway to keep mashers from interrupting his loops, as you said. If anything, the reason Maxi devolved into poke-heavy safe stuff in past games was because looping, though much better than in SC4, was still too risky in large doses. A couple of ways to make it worth the risk, IMO, is to give him decent frames during stance and give him BE stance moves with guard break or auto-GI properties.

Yes. Now if you ask me what direction his safe neutral pokes would be, i'd rather they be completely safe and super low damage, (like being 75% damage of what the neutral unsafe-pokes are) but compensate by having insane CH damage from his loops, great + frames for stance transistions/cancels, and useful aGI/evasions movement that actualyl work during his loops. The only point you're using safe neutral pokes is to feel the opponent out before you start to run a train on them, of if they're down to their last 20 hp.

Thats' my happy medium and maybe I guess "happy medium" is a relative term. If your other main character is a guy like nightmare you'll find what i'm proposing entirely reasonable. If you main sophitia, you'll think im' batshit crazy for no proposing more buffs to make BB spammable.

The only point you're using safe neutral pokes is to feel the opponent out before you start to run a train on them, of if they're down to their last 20 hp.
Pretty much. I think this is how Maxi was intended to work in SC2 and 3. But since heavy looping still wasn't very viable, you mostly saw a buttload of poking with some shorter loops mixed in every so often. Not very exciting, but still far preferable to what we got in SC4.

I like WL fuck da haters

and sc3 BL B is good cause its a mid that can be used outside of point blank range something SC4 BL lacks

so now in BL you are at mid range with 2 lows but no mid to mix up with. I'm forced to test peoples anti maxi by seeing if they can block mids post PSL shifts and cycling through random bullshit gimmicks. Post 3B RO A you are outside of BL A range half the time which means you have no real 50/50
you can screw with PSL 1 RC A or PSL 3 LO BK but eventually people read those and you are reduced to using BL KK as a CH fisher post RO A so you can enforce RO As frames post cancel
GFG

:):):):) just so u know there are more options:)
SC3 BL B sucks/ pointless without the Sc2 Guard Crush. if you believe pushin your opponent away on block is a good idea for a close range fighter. Sc3 bl b into lo K was your only way out unless u choose to loop step backward cause Guard recovery was non existant

random Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3BlmT2FcY&feature=related 5:20 to 5:23

I've noticed a lot of people are saying Maxi should be a character that should utilise loops at length, but to be honest. There was NO soul calibur where Maxi could do long loops safely.

Thats where WL Comes in:)
Waving Lights is an Offensive Defensive Move: For Looping ShowmanShip:) Thats Me Bitches:) lol
B+KGi stops B interupts
A+BGi stops A interupts
Eventually through my dancing around your going to want to interupt and im going to have to guess how your going to react.
I guess wrong i get punished, you panic and try to poke me out of stance and i guess right :sc2maxi1:ShowMAnShip:sc2maxi1:

Maxi needs the block stuns of SC1. The loops and inputs of SC2. The aGIs of SC4. And a good mix of new and old in SC5. Only then will he be complete.

Thats where WL Comes in:)
B+KGi stops B interupts
A+BGi stops A interupts
Eventually through my dancing around your going to want to interupt and im going to have to guess how your going to react.
I guess wrong i get punished, you panic and try to poke me out of stance and i guess right :sc2maxi1:ShowMAnShip:sc2maxi1:

And then they just 3K you and you have no options to stop it......

I think like 2A killing NM's GS, 3K can counter *some of maxi's stances is acceptable by design. Granted that GS is optional and most loops entries are mandatory, I'm curious to see what more seasoned maxi players can brainstorm instead of just giving the move more block stun for more advantage on transition?

How does a better initial backstep in PSL2 feel ?

Actually, i'd like to hear thoughts on how to encourage more empty looping to cause the opponent to freeze up (bump up the rewards while lowering the risk). It's one thing to attack non-stop (which is actually distasteful) but to be able to visually carry momentum and cause your opponent to freeze up with empty gestures is really awesome when done properly with maxi.

@KrayzieCD,
:) im absolutely ok with k tap interupts or low attack hit interupts.
[when im in kick range thats were SC2 4A+K backjump evade comes into play] i want it in SC5

if your choosin to use k interupts it proves your opponent is thinkin, and not just randomly tappin BB or AA or 2A or 2B. recklessly
more so at high level play where pro players just GI your Ro inputs, li b, 4B, lo B, jump over your RC k because they saw it coming.

Example:
i dont think Lo BK is going to change back to SC2 style Lo B,KG option.
Thats Why i see situations like LO BK being ducked troublesome. This is where i see Waving light Gis as useful,
A 4B into Lo B situation where your opponent ducks thinking a K is coming they duck react, if they dont see a Kick come out, they think quickest counter attack or walkway or step. [And if its astr:sc2ast2: i know im eating a charging head rush in that situation] cause that the perfect counter for that situation. Waving Light stops reckless opponent inputs in my book.

The only things that stop my looping right now are kicks, 2A, AA and Pros that Gi and can read maxi like a book cough, cough = KCD lololo:)

End note about loopin/stance fighting:
If Maxi is able to loop fight and dance around the stage that meanings he is controlling the game and my opponent doesnt know or understand. At high level play that shit doesnt fly, GOOD PLAYERS KNOW HOW TO CONTROL MAXI, and you have to pick your loopin situations. And not be a dancing clown. WL is so Gi-bait if your opponent guesses wrong

Hmm one way to do that is making a lot of his stance based moves cancellable in the beginning animations. In other words feints. Not along the lines of SC2 LO BK, but more along the lines of RC AG
One thing they haven't really played with much is giving Maxi a way to enter PSL without having to attack first. At most, they've given us sidewinder and it's virtually useless.

i would like the delay hold on LO B again and some way let LO BgA also cancel to LO A. so we dont get in so much trouble on LO BK. i mean the loops are so easy to see now, everyone is used to them. maybe the game speed will help us but i think early loop cancels and cancels into loops could help.

I want some sort of new launcher that Maxi has so you can launch your opponents into the air easier.

things I really want

1. 6_4A+K (with 6 having a GI property)
2. 3B+K/ 3B+K, B~RO (his current BL, B)
3. 2A+B (his current WL, A)
4. A, B~RO string ( Old SC B~RO)
5. B, A~RO string (Old SC2 BL, A. the one he retreated slightly with)
6. Faster Stance cancels when I press G (JF cancels?)
7. B+K BBBA Do more damage(both Normal and JF versions)
8. Old SC2 6A+B and its mystery hitbox
9. 6BBA string (A being his current 66A)
10. An overall increase of damage across the board.

Reactions: HRD
how do people feel about PSL2 being more evasive in that he can actually avoid 3K/2A ? I was thinking it should backstep like nightmare's B+K

33B is baller tier

Only for someone like you who likes slow, unsafe launchers. You kept using that against me online and I was like, 'why does this idiot keep using that move like it's the shit?'. Sure you land one and as long as you predicted it you can loop and get some good damage but most times when you do it it's like 'ok I just did this move and you blocked/sidestepped/made it whiff, go ahead and punish me now. 33B not baller status at all.

Bubbles I guess me and you just don't see eye to eye when it comes to playing Maxi. Wish you were going to Summerjam, I think I'd murder you alot harder than FSAK now in a Maxi mirror.

haha I was half kidding about 33B
I like it and use it but I know its bad its really linear but the damage you get really helps you make a come back

Back