Maxi General Q&A

yo KV you were telling me about canceling single step inputs into 8way moves mind explaining it in greater detail? because i kinda dont get it

I was talking about moving longer distances with a step that's canceled near the end into 8WR. Like 6~{6}. I can't say whether it's actually faster, but the sudden entrance to 8wr is atleast jarring and makes it harder to react to your approach. Especially if you usually move cautiously with single steps.

And canceling 8wayrun into moves. Like if you wanted to step punish with 44B you'd could quick step with 88 then from that second 8 slide back into 74B.

Another really useful situation for this is if you're at slight disadvantage (Say after 1K hits) you could back step then after you've moved a bit but before you recover input 41B for a quick 11B to punish any short range interrupts like 2A.

I was talking about moving longer distances with a step that's canceled near the end into 8WR. Like 6~{6}. I can't say whether it's actually faster, but the sudden entrance to 8wr is atleast jarring and makes it harder to react to your approach. Especially if you usually move cautiously with single steps.

And canceling 8wayrun into moves. Like if you wanted to step punish with 44B you'd could quick step with 88 then from that second 8 slide back into 74B.

Another really useful situation for this is if you're at slight disadvantage (Say after 1K hits) you could back step then after you've moved a bit but before you recover input 41B for a quick 11B to punish any short range interrupts like 2A.
ight.

so im pretty sure you all know this but i have discovered that WR A seems to lead into a Right Side throw on hit.. Untill i was messing around with Marginal last night i thought it was a useless move

Any ideas how to 'get in' ? I keep getting spaced out and backdash spammed and there's nothing I can really do. 66B is decent but if they don't backdash, I'm in for a world of hurt.

maxi doesnt always need to "get in". he can space people out fairly well. No this would be harder to do on someone like Ivy or Hilde, but maxi doesnt always need to be in the enemys face.

but if you want the pressure game.......66K, 66B+K, 44K are great ways to get in. I personally am a big 44K fan. Leads into FC goodness that I just love

maxi doesnt always need to "get in". he can space people out fairly well. No this would be harder to do on someone like Ivy or Hilde, but maxi doesnt always need to be in the enemys face.

but if you want the pressure game.......66K, 66B+K, 44K are great ways to get in. I personally am a big 44K fan. Leads into FC goodness that I just love
Actually HRD spacing/getting in on Ivy is EXTREMELY EASY with 22

Any ideas how to 'get in' ? I keep getting spaced out and backdash spammed and there's nothing I can really do. 66B is decent but if they don't backdash, I'm in for a world of hurt.
just use 66B+K if you expect a back dash because it is safe on block and its a great move

66B+K never seems to work for me. I land 66B way more often than I do 66B+K because 66B+K requires you to be right on top of them while 66B has a massive (linear) hitbox. At least after someone like Nightmare guards your 66B the only guaranteed damage afterwords is a 1K or 2A or something. You do have some mix-up options against things like WR B and WR A against him.

The only characters I hate being spaced by are Ivy and Asta. Ivy just has massive reaching moves that are strangely hard to whiff punish, and she has those nicely ranged horizontal mids. Asta just has Bullrush and those huge sweeping moves that catch you if you try to rush in.

66B+K never seems to work for me. I land 66B way more often than I do 66B+K because 66B+K requires you to be right on top of them while 66B has a massive (linear) hitbox. At least after someone like Nightmare guards your 66B the only guaranteed damage afterwords is a 1K or 2A or something. You do have some mix-up options against things like WR B and WR A against him.

The only characters I hate being spaced by are Ivy and Asta. Ivy just has massive reaching moves that are strangely hard to whiff punish, and she has those nicely ranged horizontal mids. Asta just has Bullrush and those huge sweeping moves that catch you if you try to rush in.
against ivy always use 22B

HI guys, miss me? haven't played in forever. Anyway wanted to emphasize what IRTMaxi said.

Use 66B+K MUCH more than you are using it now.

Back