Maxi is confirmed for SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the what seemed to be EX is the old 6A+B from SCII.......somebody is listening to us.!!
HRD

actually the UB at the end was More SC3 style 6A+B than SC4s. on block, supers last hit looks duckable but who cares the first two hits are mids:) :):):););). any stun into a super, you cant shake shit, Video Animation Super wont let U:)

Why do i get the feelin he is going to be nerfed and 2 weeks after the game comes out his going to be patched cause his to good.

Theres no way EX 6A+B is going to UB alone.

35j9snp.jpg

in essence that means his SC2 6A+B is likely back, as his SC4 6A+B "backfist" is the final hit of his CE.

I would be really dissapointed if his CE was basically a yellow-glowy version of an existing string (like mitsu's fiery 66BB)

We will probably never see the return of SC2 6A+B again but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I am glad Maxi is back but curious to see how he will be with all the new features people have at their disposal in this game. Hope he isn't gonna get free supers used on him all day because of unsafety and whiffing in stance.

in essence that means his SC2 6A+B is likely back, as his SC4 6A+B "backfist" is the final hit of his CE.

DOuth It, but really who cares about the look i just want SC2 6A+B Properties, "nerfed a tad" as long as its safe.

lol Master_Thespian his customs WEAK WEAK even the SC3 Fur looked better give him back his beastly Fur and add the nunchuck leg strap..lololol

Also, after seeing the vid those 3 hits of the super weren't all LIAAB. The first hit I couldn't match the animation with any previous move he had, the second hit looked like either WS A+B or the last hit in the LIAAB string, and the last hit was indeed the 6A+B backfist from SC3.

Edit: Maxi's third outfit from SC1 was always my favorite outfit.

Wow, Maxi is back. And imo, he doesn't look any older.

Never cared for Maxi, I was honestly expecting him to die. So his presence in SCV really means nothing to me, but I am glad we still have nunchaku.

you can't get rid of nunchaku in this game because its pretty unique looping patterns (kinda like the capeoria team in tekken), but I honestly thought they would have re-skinned maxi.

I think Maxi will be fine if Namco keeps a few things in mind:

1. At least a good portion of his moves that end in stance should be + on block during the stance.
2. His damage output doesn't need to be big, but it should be respectable.
3. He should have just enough fast, safe non-stance moves and NCs to help him get the stance game going.
4. Brave Edge stance moves (especially guard crushes) would be a great way to make his stances more effective.
5. GIVE HIM SC2 66A BACK.

No one should be shitting their pants about JG yet.

Long ago, in a time called "Soul Calibur", I actually used Maxi to great effect.

Then Soul Calibur II came and they made some adjustments to his moveset. Wasn't the best, but I made due.

Then III came...and I could no longer use him like old times.

I vowed to try to get back into Maxi for IV...and didn't, as his moveset was just as unwieldy as it was in Soul Calibur III.

Perhaps now...NOW it is time to revisit Maxi.

And, hello SC5 Maxi board.

I honestly expected Maxi to be replaced, but either way he is back. And a part of me is excited to main him one last time.

I knew I'd see one of those comments somewhere in here. Anyways...
I'M GLAD HE'S BACK FOR YOU GUYS. I told people I wanted him back so his fan-base that endured him being so crappy got to continue playing the character they obviously enjoy using. Ignore the haters :D. Maybe once I've been into the game for a while and got the new gameplay systems down into a comfortable level I'll try him out.

I'm at work pulling a 12 hour shift and this just made my night so easy to get through. I think we all really needed max to return because if he didn't I might have been done with the series. He is the only character I enjoy playing. It was really hard to stick with him in 4.

His 1p outfit is looking nice. I can't wait to see his single A and if 236B knocks down. I think they might do us right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back