Maxi is confirmed for SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxi is rather surprising. His story didn't really amount to much (Kill Astaroth!) and we had an obvious new nun-chuck user (Li-Long's kid).

Guess Li-Long's kid is 3-section staff if they do appear.

story didnt amount to much? are you serious. Astaroh takes out maxis entire crew. Which was like his family including his master. Maxi has since been on a rampage to get vindication for his fallen brothers.

I dont know what more you want to a story for a fighting game. Then again whos story has something thats much better. On top on that....what the fuck cares bout a story in a fighting game.

all these butthurt scrubs that doubted maxis return can eat a dick. hes back, deal with it.

and then we have a maxi player whos idea of a good maxi is having these long uninteruptable strings full of god awful scrubness. Then that same person bitches cause maxis clothes arent pretty enough? really dude? really. unless maxi plays exactly how you want him to play you wont be satisfied. Brace yourself princess, he aint gonna play like you want.

cant we just be happy that maxi is back. I like to think namco has been listening to us and is going to make maxi a viable tourney character. He doesnt have to be top tier, just tourney worthy!!

Before we jump to more conclusions, lets see some more gameplay and a better understanding about the new mechanics of the game. Its still very unclear how this game is going to play out anyway. Lets just enjoy that fact that hes back.....with a vengence (sounds like a good steven segal movie)

no more pressing matters.....what about that national debt huh?

HRD

One thing I will say is that if there's one positive to be gleaned from the inclusion of Just Guard, it's that it bodes somewhat well for the return of real blockstun in SC5, which should be a definite boon for Maxi and his play style. If JG doesn't ruin him (and from what I understand of it so far, it likely won't), he could have a bright future in this game. Fingers crossed.

Never said I disliked him, just that I'm surprised he's back. Beyond his desire for vengeance (which will never happen as long as Astaroth is a recurring playable. At best he dies and gets rebuilt/replaced, doing nothing for Maxi) he has no role in the plot (compared to say... Tria) beyond being supporting cast for 2 characters who are confirmed gone more or less. I'm very curious as to what they do with him plotwise.

Man, if i only knew something about his SCV command-list... Don´t dissapoint me again Project Soul. Don´t dissapoint me again...

nice HRD:)

Anyhow, who seriously cares about story in a fighting game, SERiously.

why hasnt ryu aged, why is sakura still in a school uniform. I play fighters to kick punch dominate and showoff. leave the story tellin in RPGs, shooters, role-playing games.

im fine with all old characters coming back that saves time for namco, what you expect them to make 20 new characters from scratch by their due date.. the only new character in my eye is zewi. the rest right now are just recycled i would be happy if we get 5 original new characters/weapon types

I was never the biggest fan of Maxi, but now that Maxi is back, there is more of a chance that Astaroth will return as well. Otherwise Maxi will have no objective (as far as I know).

I don't hate Maxi mind you, I just hate fighting a good one XD.

The Official Concept Art:
Maxi SC5 Art.jpg

Woah, Patisan mutating into a Maxi-Fan... :sc2maxi1: ^^

BTW, in the screenshot where Maxi slashes Natsu with a vertical, it´s undoubtetly the second animation of his SCIV BB!! Or is it the second B of 4BB!?

Difficult to decide, but if it is his SCIV BB then...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!! :/

Jag here is what I believe each screenshot is:

#1: 33A (Love that move!)
#2: Looks to be RO A or maybe 88A
#3: Jag you say it looks like the second B in SCIV BB but I say it actually looks like either SCIV 3B or hopefully, the original single B of SC1-3. I hope to GOD it's the latter.
#4: Looks like his win pose where he does a lazy version of his 66B+K attack. Either that or it's the beginning of 66B+K.
#5: Another win pose.

Artwork does indeed look sexy. Let's hope Maxi's look matches his effectiveness in this game.

Jag here is what I believe each screenshot is:

#1: 33A (Love that move!)
#2: Looks to be RO A or maybe 88A
#3: Jag you say it looks like the second B in SCIV BB but I say it actually looks like either SCIV 3B or hopefully, the original single B of SC1-3. I hope to GOD it's the latter.
#4: Looks like his win pose where he does a lazy version of his 66B+K attack. Either that or it's the beginning of 66B+K.
#5: Another win pose.

Artwork does indeed look sexy. Let's hope Maxi's look matches his effectiveness in this game.

1: 33A correct

2: Same here

3: But about this vertical... I am not sure. I hope you are right and it is his old B. But i don´t think so... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back