Maxi Post Patch Discussion

...Holding tongue til I actually play with this shit.

May be done with this game before my first planned major.

Alright Namco, I waited for you, for taking on your words about balance out the game, Nerfing the hell out of Maxi when he was just about a B tier at best, and almost didn't touch the already so broken Patsuka, or I see there is even a buff for him in that list? Pft, I don't even care anymore, guys, I don't really want to say this, but fuck Project Soul development team, for lying to us, for all these disappointments, I know I don't care about the balance as long as I can enjoy the game, but this is just stupid beyond belief, bad move is bad Namco, and the list goes on and on, one after another....

Wow... maxi got FUCKED. The Japanese must have REALLY hated maxi. I don't think he's won a major tourney yet and his top 8 showings have been slim.

This makes no sense at all. Natsu Nightmare and Pyrrha dodged the nerf bat completely --- and they are the best characters.

I mean step in the right direction for a Japanese game company to try to at least provide some kind of after market patch to their game but this is horrible...

If they are going to nerf his damage, give him some decent Oki moves so he can keep his momentum at least...

facepalm_picard2.jpg

everyone saying you can just step LI now i wont be. ill be 6A+B every time i see LI. i never liked to step as i been caught with LIA too much but not to worry now.

what you gonna do you? with LIA (H) LIK (H) LIB (generally shit)!! yeah, you could BE the LIA but if you aint got meter a fast TCing move (especally if it traks ok) will screw everything maxi can do and having to spend meter to catch step of even stop a TC move is totally stupid

LI is now going to be the most useless pile of poop in the game.

if they gave us back PSL3 or LIBgRO then id say cool beens because then we could catch all the stepers with the RO (A or prob B)

with the damage nurfs his combos (even wall combos will be far less damaging (eslpecailly with scaling) im worried about what they mean by increased freeze on 66B and RCAB.

maxi loast all his mind games coming from 4 to 5 and i thought ok well at least he has damage.

in 4 he was wasn't safe, wasn't fast, didn't have mad damage but at least could play mind games like a trooper.

in 5 now he isn't safe, he isn't fast, he doesn't have mad damage, and he cant play mind games.

good call namco!!! really it sickens me, the mass start to whine "Oh damage is too high, maxi is to good" rather then learn him and namco go get out there nurf stick. maxi had holes everywhere but was at least high risk high reward. if this hits as bad as i think it will i feel he will end up being worse than 4.

Wow, Maxi players be panicking before they even play the patch, that's pretty rich :)

After coming from SC4 Maxi, this Maxi is a blessing regardless
I'm glad stuff like step G fuzzy guard and backstep has been nerfed. From the looks of it most ppl got nerfed.

@Uber
Asta is not one of Maxi's worst matchups....why you say that?

Anyway i'll check out these changes.

Tira seems to have a SHITLOAD of nerfs...so technically speaking Namco gave her a triple dicking.

He's still going to be better than SCIV Maxi. Enjoy the fact that he's not low tier and quite possibly still upper-mid.

Guys you're forgetting, this is fucking Maxi. The all-knowing all powerful deity in the Soulcalibur universe. You really think a couple nerfs is gonna stop this badass? NEVER. He will rise above the ashes of his fallen damage output and come out victorious.

Im trying like hell to not get my panties in a twist over this. But damn....seems like a re-vamp of his best stuff. But I digress. Ill wait till I play him post patch.

They better not have broke Maxi....or Ill....Ill.....well they just better not!!

Well deserved. Good job Namco, you actually did what needed to be done for once. Maxi's rain of terror will end this week.

wow. All the haters are coming out huh? Its ok, everyone is entitled to an opinion.....I guess!!

He might be on to something there, Omega is not really impressive imo....but I've been playing vs the greeks since SC1...her BEs kinda blow, she revolves around solid basics and 236B punishment and her multitude of evasive counters. After this patch there'll be no careless and liberal use of 236B as it is launcher punishable.

sorry someone told me it was high. where as its not changed from mid to high its hor to vert. my bad. i should have checked first. you can still step it though. same situation same outcome different solution

This makes me really sad. All of these nerfs were unwarranted, and they went so overboard that he's going to be at least low tier. I guess I'll have to see how things turn out in the end, but it's not looking good for Maxi :(

Wow, Maxi players be panicking before they even play the patch, that's pretty rich :)

After coming from SC4 Maxi, this Maxi is a blessing regardless
I'm glad stuff like step G fuzzy guard and backstep has been nerfed. From the looks of it most ppl got nerfed.

@Uber
Asta is not one of Maxi's worst matchups....why you say that?

Anyway i'll check out these changes.

Tira seems to have a SHITLOAD of nerfs...so technically speaking Namco gave her a triple dicking.

Asta is one of Maxi's worst match-ups because:

1. He can space like crazy, which is one of Maxi's issues.
2. He does even more damage than Maxi, especially now.
3. He rapes the guard gauge, making it even harder to get in
4. WL is useless against 6K on 66K, so some things just get flat out punished with no save guess
5. His best ways of closing distance are high, which is killed by bullrush.

I didn't use to think Asta was bad either, but Krayzie's Asta just destroys me. And he started using him more because of how badly Xeph's Asta beat Krayzie's Maxi. I don't think he's as bad as Mitsu once you figure out how to jG his stuff, but its still an uphill battle. And now Asta's throws do even more damage.......... doh!

They really should have called this the character UNbalance patch, because i feel like the tourney viable cast just got cut in half.

Back