Maxi Post Patch Discussion

i also have to agree after playing some last night i actully think i like him more.

i like the fact hes not as balls to the wall in the damage aspect makes you think a little more about the shit your doing.

6a feels easier to hit confrim the CH, i've never really liked 66B so if someone can enlighten me in the best way of using this outside of punishment when ever i use it i get hit hard so i dont unless i know it will hit. a

i dont like how they made RCAB unsafe (it was easy enough to JG anyway) 4B pushback seems bearly noticeable but maybe makes 4BB feel safer.

the LIA change doesnt seem to cause a massive problem at this point so not to bothered by it.

i think the biggest hit was his aGI (nutral Stance) i like it can RO now and W! but not really able to get anything off the W! is a shame and i really miss aGI CE that was one of my favourite ways to finish a match. but aGI seems to have reasonable clean hit properties so not to bad.

in all i feel he is still very strong and although the damage isnt as nice as before he feels very solid i was very worried before hand but now i feel ok about it especally with the global nurfs in backdash G and step G

i've never really liked 66B so if someone can enlighten me in the best way of using this outside of punishment when ever i use it i get hit hard so i dont unless i know it will hit.

i like using it for whiff punishment, and on wakeup if i think they're going to attack. if they block it you can use LI B to avoid quite a bit of retaliation. WL works fairly well also, as does PSL2>BL~G if you used 66B at tip range.

66B is also a crucial ranged tool. Around its tip range it's a very difficult move to compete with in terms of speed and damage. It can force people to play defensive and allow Maxi to strut right into his ideal range. Plus, it's a good move to counter predictable back steps.

Dude, could you test the 9B or RC B thing? I just don't remember how the pushback was for that move? =P

It's the same from what I've seen. It still irritates me in general (the move itself), the TJ is fast however I think the bs should be bs 0 to LO but it's more like -1. Yes that ONE frame makes a difference. I'm not sure if it fluctuates though, I'll have to do a thorough investigation. It forces crouch so LO B which is around i16 and has TC should counter highs AND the faster WS attacks or at least trade. Generally WS attacks are around i16. However there's still NG/WL so yeah.

Guys you're forgetting, this is fucking Maxi. The all-knowing all powerful deity in the Soulcalibur universe. You really think a couple nerfs is gonna stop this badass? NEVER. He will rise above the ashes of his fallen damage output and come out victorious.

I have to like this comment....

HRD: the thread for hidden move is locked, which is why I'm posting here.
Not sure if it's after the patch,

I was hit by 22A which looked like BE glow with it.

Would like to confirm if this is the case of fake BE on non-BE move?
Or is it really another hidden move?

I'm guessing if it required slide input, this probably means its a fake BE just before LI A comes in.
I'm not able to reproduce it so far. Only tried a few times and it's late I needs crash, But this thing keeps hauntin my mind while I'm lying on bed.
Damn.... But if it's real, it would be interesting?

I saw something similar, but with 6B. It's happened to me 2 or 3 times since the patch but I don't recall it before (and I haven't been able to do it in training).

Would like to confirm if this is the case of fake BE on non-BE move?
Or is it really another hidden move?

I'm guessing if it required slide input, this probably means its a fake BE just before LI A comes in.
I'm not able to reproduce it so far. Only tried a few times and it's late I needs crash, But this thing keeps hauntin my mind while I'm lying on bed.
Damn.... But if it's real, it would be interesting?

Actually spyder what you saw was an early input for LI A BE. Its been popping all over the place. For example:

You can input 66BA,A+B+K almost as one input and it will APPEAR that 66B has a BE to it when in fact it was the up coming LI A thats about to come out!

I closed the hidden move thread cause the only one that wasnt on the move list was 8A+B. what you saw was an early BE input.

HRD

Actually spyder what you saw was an early input for LI A BE. Its been popping all over the place. For example:

You can input 66BA+B+K almost as one input and it will APPEAR that 66B has a BE to it when in fact it was the up coming LI A thats about to come out!

I closed the hidden move thread cause the only one that wasnt on the move list was 8A+B. what you saw was an early BE input.

HRD
So Maxi suffers from a case of premature awesomeness.

I find myself getting much more use out of Maxi's high damage moves that avoided the patch hammer (2A+B, 11_77 B, ect.) This patch has certainly changed how I play Maxi.

I find myself getting much more use out of Maxi's high damage moves that avoided the patch hammer (2A+B, 11_77 B, ect.) This patch has certainly changed how I play Maxi.
I feel the same way. I've been trying hard to work the B+K JF into my game as well. It's so satisfying to land that move.

Guys, guess what? 3A has been buffed =)

Now... =DDDDDDDDDD

it pushes away on block a bit.... -____-

And that's it.

LI A can still be interrupted on block.

So you won't die if you accidentally use it.

Back