Maxi Post Patch Discussion

I'm actually still liking autoGI, it seems to recover fast on hit so I can dash in to uninterruptable mixups.
As for damage except for combo with CE
AutoGI combos previously gave around 55-60 dmg. This one looks to be around 45-50. Not too bad. I just gotta see now how bad whiff recovery is.

I'm actually still liking autoGI, it seems to recover fast on hit so I can dash in to uninterruptable mixups.
As for damage except for combo with CE
AutoGI combos previously gave around 55-60 dmg. This one looks to be around 45-50. Not too bad. I just gotta see now how bad whiff recovery is.

howare you getting 45-50? is there a combo?

howare you getting 45-50? is there a combo?

estimating from the bar length. The bar was about 1/5 and after hit opponent still has around 10 life or so. It's a guess, don't quote me.
edit: hmm on watching it again, it could be more around 35.... :-/

Still has chance for Clean hit right?

Oh speaking of clean hits, I countered a low attack with 9A+B and that shit did 81 damage LOL. CH and Clean hit. It was beautiful, Now i'm looking to try and land it everywhere I can

aGI does 30 damage on normal hit, and 37 on clean hit.

Also I didn't notice a horrible recovery on whiff. If he recovers slower, then I didn't notice at first glance.

Maxi is nerfed pretty hard, but at least the low dmg gives you a chance to show off your mixups. Before, 2 or 3 good combos and the guy was dead. Now it's more like 4 or 5.

6A is probably my new favorite move for him. Can counterhit RO A,K combo at every range except the very tip now.

66A got nerfed hard. No more forced back turn, and the range was decreased dramatically. You might as well always use 6A instead if you can.

I'm getting a lot more ring outs now. I would always go for them before too, but maxi's super dmg often meant that they'd die before you finally rung them out.

Fhwoarang, any chance you are making any vids of our session? I wish I could have saved some replays, but I played like 75 matches today and like 25 of them after you left, so I don't think I have any of our matches in my replay history. Those were GGs. Especially the one where I got the perfect wall combo on you. :D

He just got damage nerfs that all

Maxi is nerfed pretty hard, but at least the low dmg gives you a chance to show off your mixups. Before, 2 or 3 good combos and the guy was dead. Now it's more like 4 or 5.

6A is probably my new favorite move for him. Can counterhit RO A,K combo at every range except the very tip now.

66A got nerfed hard. No more forced back turn, and the range was decreased dramatically. You might as well always use 6A instead if you can.

I'm getting a lot more ring outs now. I would always go for them before too, but maxi's super dmg often meant that they'd die before you finally rung them out.

Fhwoarang, any chance you are making any vids of our session? I wish I could have saved some replays, but I played like 75 matches today and like 25 of them after you left, so I don't think I have any of our matches in my replay history. Those were GGs. Especially the one where I got the perfect wall combo on you. :D

just play more defensively

I actually like the fact that 66A doesn't leave the opponent backturned anymore. Mitsu and Astaroth have such good backturned moves that landing 66A against them was almost like giving them a free mix-up. Plus it pushed out so far that if you moved up to close the space after it hit, you gave up any advantage you had. Distance is still the same as far as I can tell.

I find some of you very optimistic. The damage nerf on ALL his main combos and tools are really going to show in close matchs.
BTW I saw the aGI ring-out someone, yay !

My impressions:

The overall damage nerfs are significant. Most combos you gcould do in slightly various ways deal now almost the same damage ´cause of scaling and the lowerd damage... Like combos with A+B~G or without.

The auto GI does RO and wallsplat, but after wall, only 1K seems to be guaranteed.

Guard burst damage was also lowerd du to the fact that both 6A and 66A can´t guard burst anymore! 6A is still buffed too ´cause of spin-stun, yeah!

6A+B is, thank GOD!?, not minus -16 like RCAB but seems to have better pushback which is imo a bad thing. 4BB... Didn´t notice a difference on both hit and on block.

And the nerfed throw damage... Well i guess 50 and 50 is still "OK"...

BTW. They didn´t fix some BLK BE combos which certain characters could escape, lame.

RO AK doesn't require CH. It's NC. 6A RO AK is NCc

The range decreased? Who seconds this?

@Jaggypoo
The damage decrease is supposed to be significant or else that would've been pointless. Let's be honest thou, his damage pre patch was pretty massive. It's still good it seems but not 'oh shit' good I guess

6A+B on block pushback is a good thing. It means that opponent doesn't give a free mixup!

Didn't notice pushback on 4B or you're strictly talking about frame adv/disadv?

Does anyone else feel that FC3AAA is changed as well. Maybe its me but it seems to push back....like a lot!! Specially on grounded

Back