Maxi Video Thread

First off youre fighting Krazy. Hes just insanely good. He knows Maxi to well to mirror match him. Almost every RO A got GI'd like a gangster. It looked like the nerves were setting in. Krayzie is a cool ass mother fucker but to mirror match his maxi was a bold choice. He was for the most part kicking back waiting for his moment. Not a whole lot you couldve done, Thats one of Maxi's horrible traits. More patients wouldve helped you. Keep it more simple and wait for your interuption oppurtunity.

Marginal was right, you ate a lot of BL B's and a few other slow lows that open up some offense for Maxi that Krayzie took advantage of. A blocked 44AB makes you force crouch, its usually a free WS A so long as he doesnt psl 2, which he didnt, (see about 2:55).

Good jump reflex at 3:02, I thought it was a 22K also, he switched it up..that bastard

@3:28 he was psl3'ing for intimidation, you were in perfect range for a A+Bg (insert favorite follow up here)

3BK B...bad bad bad. Im thinking that was an input error as well.

First round of the second match, you just tried to make bad counter choices. RO KK was coming at you and you tried to 3B yourself out of it. RO KK has a small force crouch, sometimes WS A can punish

Good duck of that PSL3 LOK, good punish

33bA~WL k? better off going to neutral or gambling on the RC A. If my RC A gets blocked, 9 out of 10 times I can throw out a random GI bait and get one for a nice punish.

I wouldve ducked that RO AK at the end to...lol

all in all these are things that I wouldve done. Im sure the setting you were in caused the nerves to go crazy. I still think you repped maxi just fine, but Krazyie is just straight gangster!!! He knows how to shut maxi down with a quickness

HRD

Good shit playing Maxi.

Useful information -

WR A beats all of Maxi's options out of RO except guard and PSL3.

Biased and stupid opinions -

44AB is completely useless.
3B, and 6A should be hit/CH confirmed.
Random 11B's are bad.
44K is good.
Throws and B+K should be used at every opportunity.

It's hard to critique someone who is clearly uncomfortable. :)

I always seem to fuck up on stream but here you go

got top 12 reppin maxi
more critique plz

^^i actually saw you reppin maxi on the stream. I was pretty fuckin happy. Ima watch that vid and check it out though.

1A mix-ups....BAD. Blocked 1A is -10. Against Sophie...Thats gonna hurt.

A+Bg is a staple for me after moves such as RO A [K], LO K, 33A etc. Incorperate that more and you like the results. Stuns on hit and RC A follow-up is rather nasty. RC A on block is 0 I think but is really safe non-the-less.

You threw out a few 3B on Ramon while he was steppin you, Ur a naughty boy!!

CH 33B~33bA RC A...you missed, think it was just input error.

33bA~ PSL4, RO A??? Input error?? In that particular situation was no good. I DO however like that when Im at close range fishing for a CH

These are just things that my brain wants to do when I watch. But not being there and more importantly not being you Its hard to judge. I think you did good again. But youwere up against Ramon, and Sophie. I definetly CAN NOT say I would do any better. Those are just my opinions.

MORE A+Bg mix-ups god damn it!! GGs bubbles
HRD

I always seem to fuck up on stream but here you go

got top 12 reppin maxi
more critique plz

Cool, a Maxi video after a long time.

First of all i have to say it seems that Ramon doesn´t know Maxi that good.

He could have punished or interrupt you more often than he did, and he never ducked the last high kick of combos like 4BBK.

But hey, Sophie VS Maxi is still a horrible match up.

That said, i really like your stile. Nice use of 33B for example. And of course 3B + mix ups.

1A vs sophie is completely safe her fastest move is i11

and I usually choke at doing 33B CH PSL 3 LO K on stream its just bad luck for me and it really bugs me because I look like a scrub maybe I am I dunno

I try to make FC 3AAA 1A 3B BL KK 33B and 33K staples of my play unfortunately I only had a month worth of training time for this so I didn't get to learn all match ups including sophie so I couldn't figure out a way to fit these in well

FC 3AAA is seriously good there is no easy way out of that stance if you PSL backwards to avoid fast TC and punish with RC A

I always toyed with maxi never taking him seriously until before NEC I hope to get better with him to show you clever maxi mainers what I've come up with also im thinking about buying a cam to record matches that I do unfortunately theres no scene here so I only play online not worth much but theres that

The definitive facts for Maxi are actually already discovered it is just not organised yet. We need a thread that collects all the facts since we have enough facts to surpass the state of opinion. I will work on this and confirm it with other top player Maxi I just need some time. What you will notice when you learn all the facts is that 4b is the main combo starter against pro players and that you should start your quest with Maxi by learning to hit confirm the 4b into guard or cancel 2a, 1k if blocked. It is not easy in tight situations but definately doable on a 5 bar connection. You just need to think alot and quickly with Maxi which makes him fun plus his cool moves. 3b,a looks safe but any pro player will eventually notice that a crouch or fast tech crouch move will twart all 3b followups on block. Last main point, always hit confirm with Maxi (33ba,a is kind of an exception due to good frame trap)

This video is not perfect but in regards to recorded matches it is one that shows pretty well how to play Maxi and some of his weaknesses.

im gonna be repping maxi in a uk torny after xmas at some point ill try and get some vids

Awsome twiggywales, we sorely need new videos!

What you will notice when you learn all the facts is that 4b is the main combo starter against pro players and that you should start your quest with Maxi by learning to hit confirm the 4b into guard or cancel 2a, 1k if blocked.

4B was since SCIII my main start and set up move when i played with Maxi. Awesome tool.

@twiggywales

Looking forward to your videos.

This video is not perfect but in regards to recorded matches it is one that shows pretty well how to play Maxi and some of his weaknesses.

Awsome twiggywales, we sorely need new videos!

Very nice video of high level Zas/Maxi play. That Zas player was obviously very knowledgeable about Maxi, knew everywhere he should interrupt, where he should duck and punish, and when to step or GI. If everyone where this knowledgeable about Maxi I think this part of the forum would be almost totally empty lol.

*HRD attempts a british accent*

Those are bloody good vids man. You showed that wanker how chucks should be handled! hes a right foul git!

umm...ok thats all I got....*sips tea and eats a crumpet*

HRD

Got another FT5 with the boy. Im playin cass this time. But he wants some feedback!!

HRD
He's still passing up free damage after 4BBK on hit. 2B+K,B. 2KK can be really annoying to a downed opponent too.
PSL4, WL both are good options if you suspect a GI's going to mess up your looping. Hell, if you anticipate a GI attempt, 6B+K, bt B+K is right there.
3A+K is also useful in situations where you anticipate a GI.
33_99B is nice WL bait against Cassie at mid range.
Throw more. Wakeup situation with B+G sets up an easy 50/50 mixup. Stomp 'em to get them blocking low, then break out the mids to up the pressure.
3K, 66K, 2A and 1B are extremely useful pokes.

Cassie's 4BB: A: the second hit's high. A TC move like 6A+B after that first hit will discourage oldHRD from using it so much.

Also I've found that against punishment oriented characters 66B->LOBK tricks them a lot. They block the 66B, thing you're done and run face first into the loop.

Marginal should you really recommend people to take dangerous risks like 66b lo bk (if it works for you, it means that your opponents have slow reactions and use slow moves to punish you) when 66bg is safe? 33_99b WL bait when 33_99bg is safe on range? . I do not want to mess up your style , but i think you should rethink your own gameplay. Good players would eat you for breakfast if you played like that bluntly put. Fishing for WL is bad, it is not a solid strategy, and you should strive for solid strategies not a chance risk Maxi which we know he is bad at. WL should be used to save ur ass when you cannot guard, when you mess up like using 33b to close. The best way to capitalize on 33b hit is delayed BL k,k on counter PSL 1 LO k. Based on facts. Period. Can we stop having oppinions on Maxi where it is already known what is good and what is bad in terms of trying to beat good players. Maybe we should create 3 new threads. How to beat tourney lvl players, how to beat intermidiate players, how to beat beginners with Maxi. I would say that is a bad idea, we should all strive for "How to beat tourney lvl players". Maybe im wrong but that is what I think.

Marginal should you really recommend people to take dangerous risks like 66b lo bk (if it works for you, it means that your opponents have slow reactions and use slow moves to punish you) when 66bg is safe? 33_99b WL bait when 33_99bg is safe? .
It's contingent on what your opponent is doing, but they are options. Especially if you've trained your opponent to think you'll always opt for the safe option. They stop expecting the risky stuff.

Play like a robot if you like tho.

For the record, I don't advocate fishing for WL. What I said was WL is great in situations where you expect a GI. WL B+KBBA, B+G isn't a bad reward for a minimal risk.

On 33_99B.. Damn. Just noticed I messed up the move I was talking about entirely. I meant 11_77B, NOT 33B. WL from33B is not good advice. ;)

In the 11B situation, I'd rather counter with WL than block if I anticipate a linear horizontal coming at me. aGI and decent followup damage vs me taking gauge damage. Of course in retrospect, that mainly works because I am usually in situations where I can reliably bet on the follow up attack.

Back