Maxi Video Thread

i lock down mostly with pokes so that my opponent won't want to move, then do a grab mixup, and with Maxi sometimes it's B+K,BBB but I'm not that good at finishing that move. I play the same with all characters, safety and spacing, lockdown and then use the best mixup with a grab. I never use gimmicks which is why Maxi is one of my worst characters cuz he kinda needs them.

I can't disagree with how SL plays actually, especially if you are up against Cervy, Sets or anyone that has a simple shutdown to stances.
Playstyle changes depending on who you are playing against, I have to play very safe vs people like Shen Chan because they have rather extreme reaction, but against anyone who has to rely on memory, I'll throw in a few items to make them think more

Found some Maxi videos. I like the Ivy vid, and the apprentice vids are interesting because I've never seen this matchup. The maxi player loses in both, but I like some of the things that player was doing. I've started playing Maxi again, and last night had some good matches. Didn't win all the time, but did much better than when i quit. Been seeing that I've been playing Maxi too safe...Maxi doesn't have enough safe options to play consistently safe in casuals. Your opponents will get too used to what your doing and own you, so you need to loosen up, then lock down when they start responding to your unsafe options.

Maxi vs Apprentice

Maxi vs Ivy

i dunno in my opionion that maxi was not good at all. there was some really sloppy moves there and nothing that really jumped out at me and grab my attention. i think nearly all the videos i have seen posted by people on here are more impressive than that.

i really wish i had a vid capture card, me and sotirislive have some epic maxi maxi battles

i dunno in my opionion that maxi was not good at all. there was some really sloppy moves there and nothing that really jumped out at me and grab my attention. i think nearly all the videos i have seen posted by people on here are more impressive than that.

He's one of the better players in Japan and I'm sure he was in SBO for SCIII AE or he was in the Qualifiers.
He's normally ridiculously good.

That's Oosaka lol, but really his style is more fitting for SC3's Maxi
But I won't say he's not good, he's just less flashy, but will still own the moment you freeze up.
those 2 videos are very awesome games, lots of mind games going on, reaction to watching a video is totally different from when you are playing it

hmmm thats odd, it really didnt strike me as something to impressive. maybe he was not on top form.... is maxi his main?

I played vs Oosaka both SC3AE and SC4.
He beats me the same way in SC3AE and SC4.

Maxi is his main.

i just watched the ivy one. looks like he's a decent maxi, not a whole lot of gimmicks, alright defense, but he whiffs like no other. I would hope he doesn't play that way against Sophie or Setsuka, cause he'd get destroyed for it.

those match vs. Ivy isn't online I don't think cause there's no number saying the connection level. If you mean there's sc4 matches on youtube showing him against Sophie or Setsuka then nevermind.

Anyways, destroyed lol, don't whiff against her ass.

those are on the 360, and both sides are showing the player names, and its 3rd person spectator who's doing the recording

Thanks for posting man. You seem pretty buttoned down with the loops. Things of note:
1) Did that Zas player know maxi? She/he seemed to know good GI spots, but never ducked 4BBK which was wierd
2) lol, 2A out of negative.
3) Did you mean to combo CH 3BA 6A+Bg? I usually reset after the LO A because I don't think I have enough time, but you cancelled the LO A really fast. I liked that alot.

I don't think he knew Maxi all that well. He was mainly GI'ing in anticipation of something likely coming out of every loop iteration.

I started doing CH 3BA A+Bg after playing Uber. He did it to me a ton.

nah this Zas knows Maxi enough to see BL KKs, how 33_99B > BL B is not interuptable at tip, but doesn't duck LO BK and some stuff, but then again its a 4bar online game where lows have to be anticipated~

The Saga's Conclusion:

After Uber1337 came to my house and made me just rethink my life completly (thanx for not giving the details on that Uber). I decided to change a few things. At least change the way I look at things. Still dunno if its for the better or worse.

The boy and I have been swinging the chucks at each other for weeks, in preperation of our tie breaking FT5 father vs Son matches. I think you will see a whole new play style from LiL HRD that will shock you once again. Hes desperate for an opinion of you guys this time. I think hes done fabulous.

Hope you enjoy!!

HRD

ill be watching these and replaying with stuff soon, but i only get a chance to watch at lunch time. but from what i seen already its amzing, both of you are so very enjoyable to watch.

Back