Mitsu Combos

1) I think I should really make a separat topic for this question.
22_88A stun only happens after you sidestep a move and hit during wiff recovery.
after 22A 11BA etc works best
after 88A most stuff wiffs and I use 44AA instead for a standing mixup.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any basic 22_88A setups that might better illustrate this point and give us a starting point to work with? I believe you completely; I'm just at a loss as to where to begin applying this move.

-Idle

IdleMind: erm. just... well. 8wr something horizontal up or down. then just. well. tap A. ?

ex: rec BB BB.

Hey this may have already been covered extensively but what do you guys do after you have landed 2kb? I know 11b[a] is supposed to be ideal but I generally do 66k 11k, 44 if im feeling lucky or 66bb if i'm close to a wall. Should I be doing anything else? are their any tech traps from 2kb? 63214bb seems hardish to avoid

after 2KB there are no tech traps. just hold 4G to avoid whatever. If they JU 44B provide a weird impact, that result in a little bit more advantage for mitsu, so you can actually interrupt some moves that are normally guaranteed on 44B blocked.

basic follow ups are
66K - best followup, mediocre damage + wakeup
66B - best damage, no wakeup, if very close to a wall both hits are guaranteed, if far from the wall second hit techable left.
11BA - mdeium damage, semi-poor wakeup. good for occasional ro, connects better near edge/wall. on back AC MST 6B can only be guarded.
44A - good for wakeup and RO, only connects if 2KB hit opp back.
2B - worst damage, good wakeup. leaves opp close, if you RCC fast your followup 3B or 2KB will not be interruptible. in terms of rollers 11K / 33B are pure mixup (even though it sucks on guard), FC 1A+B will catch rollers off guard once in a while too.

against people who like to mash their just tech after 2KB.. especially in the 2 or 8 direction, 66A+B can land. Its a gimmick but the damage off that can earn you rounds.

2KB 1K is the best combo =D

I've taken some time reading through this thread, thnx for combo contributions I've learned quite a bit.

I have a combo, apologies if its been posted (long night)

2KB, 44K, 11AA- This combo is only of use as long as opponent does not use air control after 44K, however not a lot of players know that :P. aND THE 11AA is quite tricky to time.

AZ

I've taken some time reading through this thread, thnx for combo contributions I've learned quite a bit.

I have a combo, apologies if its been posted (long night)

2KB, 44K, 11AA- This combo is only of use as long as opponent does not use air control after 44K, however not a lot of players know that :P. aND THE 11AA is quite tricky to time.

AZ

Mitsurugi doesn't have a 44k or 11AA.

he probably means 66K 44AA thats not even close to guaranteed , though it has been posted on caliburforums all the way back when game was out for a week and discussed, lol.

he probably means 66K 44AA thats not even close to guaranteed , though it has been posted on caliburforums all the way back when game was out for a week and discussed, lol.

Yeah thats what i meant lol im clumsy with direction number notations, oh dear so its been already found out, I see.

AZ

What combos from 22b ? again apologies if this has been discussed. I usually just do 1b because it seems to have different properties depending on NH or CH. TBH i CBFed doing all the testing that Belial has clearly taken the time to do! k:b doesent seem to work for me though.

What combos from 22b ? again apologies if this has been discussed. I usually just do 1b because it seems to have different properties depending on NH or CH. TBH i CBFed doing all the testing that Belial has clearly taken the time to do! k:b doesent seem to work for me though.

Hey, just look at the tech trap forums, everything is pretty accurate, thanks to the russian guy.
Only stuff missing are of course 1K (guaranteed upclose, provides great... wake-up?) and A+B6 which catches a lot of stuff but right tech if I remember correctly. Lots of people got caught by that... And then some unguaranteed ground hitting stuff (1A, 44B) can hit once they start to become conservative cuz they just got badly hurt for +75 dmg.
Otherwise, 1B, 66B, b:A are pretty good options.

Are you saying to use 44B as a tech trap, or use 44B as a way to conditon them to tech so they can get hit by RLC A? Because 44B doesn't tech trap 22B right?

There are no guarantees after 22_88B, if you want to discuss tech traps please refer to according thread.

Back