Most evasive character

Can add input about Raphael here....

Raphael is a naturally evasive character, great running speed/sidestep, One of the best TCing high punisher combos in the game, Prep has evasive qualities, VE evades tons of verticals(NOT ALL....), 4A evades plenty of moves...

While Raphael is a very evasive oriented character, he's still outclassed by Amy, Voldo, Kilik, and the other popular, higher tier characters who have evasive stances/movements of their own.

Ruiner

Algol
Voldo
Kilik
Xianghua
Maxi
Cervy
Raphael

Maxi, Xiangua, and Raphael have excellent step and evasive options.
Cervy's 1B, 44B, 2B, iTP, B+K, A+K
Voldo because...

Kilik's Asura...A move that jumps lows/throws, ducks highs/throws, GI's weapon based mids, and has good tracking, SG damage, and rings out. Oh yeah 1B evades everything and stuns on CH.

Algol
Voldo
Kilik
Xianghua
Maxi
Cervy
Raphael

Maxi, Xiangua, and Raphael have excellent step and evasive options.
Cervy's 1B, 44B, 2B, iTP, B+K, A+K
Voldo because...

Kilik's Asura...A move that jumps lows/throws, ducks highs/throws, GI's weapon based mids, and has good tracking, SG damage, and rings out. Oh yeah 1B evades everything and stuns on CH.

Algol? He can't step, unless you're talking about standing still with a bubble shield around you.

he's probably saying that because shoryuken has crazy evasive properties. Not sure I'd agree that he's evasive as a character but he does have some decent TC moves.

Also talking about X's aGIs, most of them have tiny windows and will only affect a very limited subset of moves, even if she does have a lot of them.

Algol

Yeah, why does 1B need to cause an unshake-able stun?

Don't forget 44A (maybe its 4A?) that shit is safe and evades tons of verts. It also rings out and seems like it TCs.

4B+K: it jumps back so far....why does this need to be safe?

33A: evades and is mid.

WS B: well most people know how lame that shit is...

WS K is i14 i believe and has a TJ. I think 1K has a TJ as well and is fast as balls.

Oh and he can also avoid anything you try to do on the ground by flying in the fucking air.

I'm sure there's more.

Are we all playing the same game? What's with all the Xianghua and auto-GI talk? Xianghua's auto-GI game is a joke. 4A+B is decent but the GI window sucks and the move's linear, and any other auto-GI she's got doesn't give her any damage or any real advantage. Then 3A and 1A are unsafe, 1B+K is risky, and 44B is both linear and unsafe. 8K pretty much sucks, 88K is slow to jump shit...Oh, and then 66A+B, very risky. Not top 5 at evasion.

Xianghua is very situational so I don't think she is even top 5.

I would say Voldo, Kilik, and Amy. Then again Sophie is a pretty evasive character too. She has her angel step and TAS plus juicy attacks like 4B+K and B+K. I'm not expert with her, but she might be top 5.

ID66: we aren't talking about if she's situational or not, we are talking PURE evasive options. Assuming you knew roughly what your opponent was going to do next, ie mid, low, high, vertical, horizontal, kick yada yada. X has a move that can evade and punish. You're gonna do a horizontal attack? 4A+B/WR B.
Vertical? 66A+B etc.
here I'll just list each evasive move and what it does.
aB/1A/2A/3A/2B/2k/6kB/3B+K/A+K/11_77A+K/ - TC
2[A+B] - SuperTC
9A/7B/8B/9B/11_77B/33_99KA/66A+K - TJ
1B+K - SS
66B4/22_88_44B+K - aGI
aK/1kAA/FC A+B - TC, TJ
6kB2_8/66A+B - TC, SS
4A+B/4A+K - TC aGI

Then again Sophie is a pretty evasive character too. She has her angel step and TAS plus juicy attacks like 4B+K and B+K. I'm not expert with her, but she might be top 5.
236 isn't a good move to try and crouch stuff, it's too risky alot of the time. B+K is good but 4B+K sucks. Xianghua is better at evasion than she is.

ID66: we aren't talking about if she's situational or not, we are talking PURE evasive options. Assuming you knew roughly what your opponent was going to do next, ie mid, low, high, vertical, horizontal, kick yada yada. X has a move that can evade and punish. You're gonna do a horizontal attack? 4A+B/WR B.
Vertical? 66A+B etc.
here I'll just list each evasive move and what it does.
aB/1A/2A/3A/2B/2k/6kB/3B+K/A+K/11_77A+K/ - TC
2[A+B] - SuperTC
9A/7B/8B/9B/11_77B/33_99KA/66A+K - TJ
1B+K - SS
66B4/22_88_44B+K - aGI
aK/1kAA/FC A+B - TC, TJ
6kB2_8/66A+B - TC, SS
4A+B/4A+K - TC aGI

You are getting into theory fighting now.
If we are going that route Yoda wins by a mile. He avoids all highs and grabs plus he can 3 or 1G any attack that would hit him. Also maybe situational was the wrong word for my earlier statement, but the way you guys are arguing Xianghua's evasive ability doesn't seem to make a sense.

We aren't putting GI's into the picture for the simple reason that any character is godlike if they can JI 100% of the time. If that was possible, Tourney matches will be nothing more than people dancing around each other doing aG, kG and hoping their opponent fucks up and tries to JI.
Yoda also isn't that evasive. a horizontal anti-step mid will still nail him, A if he's standing, B if he's doing a TJ move, C if he's side stepping. Force parry, as the name suggests, relies on FORCE, which means it is not available 100% of the time. That's the same reason why Hilde isn't on this list, even though she is the God of sidestep. C3A is on a timer, not a 100% available option.
From what I can tell, this entire thread is about how well a character can EVADE. Not how easily. How well.

Back