Most evasive character

malapardis

[08] Mercenary
Good day, 8wayrun. Nice to meet you.

The title of the thread says it all, I think. I main Taki, and have also spent time with Maxi and Talim. Recently I've grown tired of their short range and have decided to dabble in Raphael. One of the things that appealed greatly to me about Talim was her evasiveness. If done right (I usually do it wrong) she can be very hard to hit, as she's always hopping over you, doing a grab to switch places with you, doing Wind Charmer to sidestep your attacks, etc.

So in looking for my next character, I want to find someone who's highly evasive. Now, I think of evasion in SC4 characters in two ways:

1. Some moves are evasive attacks. They TC, TJ, sidestep, have auto-GI frames, etc. Some work better than others, obviously. Examples include Taki's 1A for TC, her 44k for TJ and her 4B for auto-GI.
  2. Other moves are *just* evasive and are not attacks in and of themselves (though they may have attacks linked into the end). Examples include Taki's 5_8_9B+K windrolls, Talim's 8_2B_K windcharmer, Raphael's B+K VE, etc.

So let's hear it - which characters do you think are strong contenders for "most evasive"?

XIANGHUA!

a solid third of her movelist are techlows, jumps, sidesteps, and auto parrys. It's just really hard to pull it all off consistantly, but she could quite possibly be untouchable in theory.

I was hoping for a little more substantiation behind these claims.

Kilik: why?
Voldo: why?
X: I can see your point here. I have a friend who mains her, and when he's really on point, I can't do *crap*. And she's got a ton of 50/50 mixups and other headgames she can play.

Voldo: A+K evades, great TC moves like 1B, BS 1A, 1K, etc., and a few nice TJ moves each with other nice properties (knockdown, RO). BS throw has good sidestep.

a solid third of her movelist are techlows, jumps, sidesteps, and auto parrys. It's just really hard to pull it all off consistantly, but she could quite possibly be untouchable in theory.
thats the main reason ive started to learn x, its easy to see the potential of her being 'untouchable' but like you say it aint easy

Kilik has 4B+K, WS B, 4A, 33A, 2_8 * BB, 1B, MO/BP stances and ASURA. He's got more than enough ways to avoid moves.

I consistently have problems hitting a good Seigfried and Ivy. Seigfried's stance changes always make me whiff, and Ivy has ONE stance change that I always whiff. I should be able to hit Ivy when she changes, but I always seem to be doing the wrong moves since she crouches and sidesteps at the same time (or seems like it).

I'm pretty damn certain that Voldo wins.

Really, I can't think of anyone who can get away with more BS than he can, no pun intended :p

-Manta-

I dont know honestly most people probley dont think it but i have to say setuska because once you master her wave dash you can evade and be able to punish right after an attack since shes already in crouch state all you gotta do hit the umbrella in there face and tellem HA eat shit muahhahahaha

Kilik, Voldo, Xianghua, and Siegfried. Maybe Raphael a little, but most of his auto-evasion shit sucks like fuck because he's such a shitty character.

Talim.
Fight a good talim user, who knows how to rape all of her flips and twists without fucking them up and you're going to have some trouble hitting her.

Kilik has to be #1, and then Amy, based on your definition of "evade". Xianghua was #1 in sc3 by far and still would be in this game if they left her unchanged, but she's nothing special at evading in sc4. Voldo is somewhere up there also, but Amy is better at it cause she's got other tools to make her evades more effective cause she can mixup evading with a 50/50 or counter-hitting attempts, etc in alot of situations. Basically Kilik and Amy can attack non-stop way better than anyone else. Yoda can't attack nonstop, just shit misses him, so he just has the best defense.

So it sounds like Kilik, Voldo, Amy and X are up there on the list.

Each of these has evasive attacks/movements/stances that you could do execute on reaction based on different circumstances?

Unfortunately I don't really want to learn Amy because... well... I just hate her. I can't learn X because my most frequent play partner uses her. I think Voldo's next on my list, actually.

While I agree that Talim looks really good on paper, it's extremely easy for a character with a decent range mid B (i.e., 8/10 of the cast) to knock her out of every leap, on reaction. Moreover, her Windcharmer side-step doesn't sidestep even the slowest most deliberate verticals. It's pretty awful from an evasion standpoint.

I was initially going to say Voldo is the most "evasive", but the OP mentioned that aGI's count. If that's the case then it's X by a mile. She has a TC, TJ, TS and aGI for every possible situation. I don't play enough Voldo but I know he has auto-evade moves, and still think if aGI's count that X would be #1.

Back